PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Q4 donations vs. other candidates

Maverick
12-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Now that we have an awesome $18,000,000 total for this quarter so far, I'd like to know how we stack up against the other candidates in fundraising. Have we smashed them all yet? Does anyone have any handy references sitting around for the other's Q3 donations? And what are the predictions for the other candidates Q4 fundraising totals looking like right now?

Mental Dribble
12-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Again. Paul is leading the way, He was the First Presidential Candidate to release REAL TIME data on his fundraising. Huck, pulled a copycat but none of the other candidates have followed suit and none of them will considering their numbers simply can not match up.

RSLudlum
12-17-2007, 01:34 AM
once their reported you can go here:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

RSLudlum
12-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Notice as of the end of 3rd quarter, RP is the only Repub not in debt. Now you tell me whose more conservative of all the other Republican candidates.

Ron2Win
12-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Notice as of the end of 3rd quarter, RP is the only Repub not in debt. Now you tell me whose more conservative of all the other Republican candidates.
That would be a great debate quote, if it is factual.

sroll2237
12-17-2007, 01:37 AM
I hope he beats the numbers put up by hillary and obama. If the MSM sees that RP is the ONLY republican to top the democratic candidate's figures for the quarter, they'll have to admit that he not only has a legit chance to get the nomination, but to win the general.

spacebetween
12-17-2007, 01:39 AM
I hope he beats the numbers put up by hillary and obama. If the MSM sees that RP is the ONLY republican to top the democratic candidate's figures for the quarter, they'll have to admit that he not only has a legit chance to get the nomination, but to win the general.

I don't see any Repub's numbers beating Dem's just yet.

Don't forget all the sheeple behind Obama and Hillary right now.

Cardinal Red
12-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Giuliani raised $10.5 Million in primary dollars last quarter and he was the top fundraising Republican-- Q4 Donations are almost always down from Q3.

Actually second place will probably be Huckabee who will probably raise about $6M online plus a lot from the estalbishment Republican interests looking to cover their bases.

Nonetheless, as I expect we will do a $20 Million+ quarter, we are virtually certain to be far and away the Republican fundraising leader.

AlexAmore
12-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Giuliani raised $10.5 Million in primary dollars last quarter and he was the top fundraising Republican-- Q4 Donations are almost always down from Q3.

Actually second place will probably be Huckabee who will probably raise about $6M online plus a lot from the estalbishment Republican interests looking to cover their bases.

Nonetheless, as I expect we will do a $20 Million+ quarter, we are virtually certain to be far and away the Republican fundraising leader.

OMFG I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.......!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick
12-17-2007, 01:50 AM
According to opensecrets, here's the breakdown for Q3:

(I've highlighted all the totals that RP has yet to beat with his current Q4 numbers)

Dems
Clinton - $27,859,861
Obama - $21,343,292
Edwards - $7,157,233
Richardson - $5,358,585
Dodd - $1,522,061
Biden - $1,757,394
Kucinich - $1,011,696

Reps
Romney - $18,396,719
Thompson - $12,828,111
Giuliani - $11,624,255
McCain - $5,734,478
Paul - $5,258,456
Huckabee - $1,034,486

Looks like we're only behind 3 of the candidates' Q3 numbers, and we still have 15 days to go! We're right behind Romney, so he's toast. And we could catch up to Obama too. But I think Shillary's $27 mil might be a little too tough to beat.

However, since we all know that the other candidates (except for Huckleberry, apparently) have been going down in fundraising quarter-to-quater, I think it's safe to assume we'll beat them all when the final Q4 numbers come out!! :D

sroll2237
12-17-2007, 01:59 AM
But I think Shillary's $27 mil might be a little too tough to beat.

REMEMBER, $5M of that was only for the general. So really, she only raised $22M for the primaries and Obama raised a little less than $20M for the primaries. AND, Q4 numbers are virtually ALWAYS lower than Q3 numbers. I think we have a shot at topping them.

NerveShocker
12-17-2007, 01:59 AM
We definitely have to keep the money flowing.. whether or not we do another money bomb I'm not sure. Look at how much money our opponents have to spread their lies.. I think though that tomorrow we should try to get a good amount of donations in to top off our money bomb. The same happened after Nov. 5th and we should try to make it larger this time. I think the main reason it happens is some people forget about the date but this time there is another reason. At 11:30 approximately Ronpaul2008.com crashed due to having more donors per minute than EVER before (even more than the start of the money bomb). It was down about 40 minutes and didn't come up until way after 12. I think many of those last minute donors that the chart showed donating late were unable to donate since the site crashed due to massive traffic. I could not load it at all. Many likely went to sleep (Work tomorrow) and will plan to donate tomorrow instead in hope it will be running then. In other words I think because of the crash there is a significant amount of people who are yet to donate. Tomorrow we should attempt to make a big day as well if you can spare it and have not maxed out.

Donate at www.RonPaul2008.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat at www.RonPaulRadio.com

Maverick
12-17-2007, 02:05 AM
REMEMBER, $5M of that was only for the general. So really, she only raised $22M for the primaries and Obama raised a little less than $20M for the primaries. AND, Q4 numbers are virtually ALWAYS lower than Q3 numbers. I think we have a shot at topping them.

Oh yeah, I definitely think we'll top Shillary's Q4 donations, no doubt. I even said as much in my post. I'm just not so sure we'll top her Q3 donations though. But that's alright, because I doubt the media is going to focus on Q3 stuff when the Q4 donations come out.

angrydragon
12-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Romney

Debt - $17,350,000