PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo and Gilmore news

Bradley in DC
07-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Tancredo to run for re-election to Congress; Gilmore suspending campaign. (http://www.politics1.com/index.htm)

TANCREDO: Congressman Tom Tancredo (R) said this week that "it's not impossible" for the US to deport the estimated twelve million immigrants living in the United States illegally. While that kind of incendiary comment is not unusual for Tancredo, his other comments this week to a crowd back in his Colorado district were more telling of his real 2008 plans. "If I'm re-elected, when I'm re-elected to Congress, and by the grace of God [and] the people in my district, I end up back there ...," reported the Rocky Mountain News. No real surprise, as Tancredo just wants a national forum for his hardcore anti-immigration platform.

GILMORE: Former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore (R) has "temporarily suspended" his Presidential campaign as he recovers from emergency eye surgery to repair a partially detached retina. Gilmore's campaign issued the statement this week to debunk rumors he was exiting the race. In any event, how would anyone be able to tell?

james1906
07-06-2007, 12:28 AM
predictions:

tancredo drops by the end of the month and endorses paul. he'll say they have differing views, but that he considers paul the 'next' most conservative candidate and praise him for sticking up for positions that go against the white house.

gilmore also drops by the end of the month and endorses romney. romney phones it in at the press conference.

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I'd rather have Tancredo's endorsement anyways. Gilmores a nobody