PDA

View Full Version : Should we do it again? (If so, when...)

jorlowitz
12-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Poll coming very shortly...

New Year's (Dec. 31st)
Day before/After Iowa (Jan 3rd)
Day before/After New Hampshire (Jan 8th)
Martin Luther King Day (Jan 16th)
Day before/After Nevada/South Carolina (Jan 19th)
Day before/after "Super Tuesday" (Feb 5th)
Tax Day (April 15th)
President's Day (April 22nd)
Other
Never Again

If you have another specific date in mind, add it as a comment

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 01:09 AM
NO!!!

Why are you people bringing this up again and again?

(Because you want to be able to claim credit for a moneybomb to feed your egos probably....)

There is NO point for another moneybomb. The official campaign has all the money it needs for the moment, and a moneybomb will be too late to influence the early primaries now.

What we need to do is focus on using what little money we have right now on other grassroots projects that desperately need money like the blimp, and on our own individual efforts on things like buying signs and materials to hand out to people.

We don't need another moneybomb!

Derek Johnson
12-17-2007, 01:11 AM
NO!!!

There is NO point for another moneybomb.

Wrong.

I'm good for $100 on the 31st, who's in?!?! :D :D :D :D :D

Dave Pedersen
12-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Tha bombaholics are on tha move !!

I say MLK day carries exactly the right message :

Peaceful revolution everyone can participate in.

jorlowitz
12-17-2007, 01:19 AM
NO!!!

(Because you want to be able to claim credit for a moneybomb to feed your egos probably....)

There is NO point for another moneybomb. The official campaign has all the money it needs for the moment, and a moneybomb will be too late to influence the early primaries now.

What we need to do is focus on using what little money we have right now on other grassroots projects that desperately need money like the blimp, and on our own individual efforts on things like buying signs and materials to hand out to people.

Yes, I want personal credit for another 6 million dollars of donations given solely because I suggested a date (rather, a poll of possible dates).

Not really... You can click "Never" as an option.

CasualApathy
12-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Dec 31st.

Finish Q4 with style. Timing is everything, and the last day of the quarter is allways ripe for the picking. These donation-days will only keep getting bigger as we are absorbing new donors faster the people are maxing out, we just have to nail up the poster and light the fuse. We should do it whenever we have a focuspoint, and Dec 31st is rather obvious. It will be the day we learn the Q4 total, so the interest will already be there, this means we already have free interest on that date, so people will go check out the site, moneybomb or no moneybomb, so lets have a moneybomb.

adpierce
12-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Dec 31st.

Finish Q4 with style. Timing is everything, and the last day of the quarter is allways ripe for the picking. These donation-days will only keep getting bigger as we are absorbing new donors faster the people are maxing out, we just have to nail up the poster and light the fuse. We should do it whenever we have a focuspoint, and Dec 31st is rather obvious. It will be the day we learn the Q4 total, so the interest will already be there, this means we already have free interest on that date, so people will go check out the site, moneybomb or no moneybomb, so lets have a moneybomb.

Yeah I don't encourage pumping it up so much by putting some kind of official goal for it but lets just promote it as a day to donate a lot of money and see how much we raise without an official goal. As we saw here today people will set their own goals as the event is going on and they'll be a lot more realistic than the ones people set on websites. The goals put here today, like the Hillary fake donation amount, were challenging and I've got to say we rose to that challenge very well. An achievable yet challenging goal is the only kind of effective goal.

Paulitician
12-17-2007, 01:36 AM
When and if Ron Paul receives the nomination at the Republican National Convention... that's it.

nickcoons
12-17-2007, 01:37 AM
I think we need to set a goal of a nice round number like $20m for the end of the quarter. I know we're only $1.9m away, but as you may recall after 11/5, there were hardly any donations at all for quite some time, so this would need to be something we strive for.

I believe Obama raised $20m in the last quarter, so a $20m finish for this quarter would put Ron Paul into the enshrined "Democrat Money" category.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Ok you people are replying to my post and acting like I'm wrong, but yet you post NO reason to have another moneybomb?

Come on people, give me 1 good reason to have another moneybomb and I will seriously, honestly consider getting behind it too.

I hope you people realize though the blimp is in dire need of funds, and we need to get people donating to that next, and not another moneybomb. There's just no reason for another moneybomb, seriously. If there was I would be talking about when to do it with you guys.

I do agree maybe after the early primaries it might be worth doing one, but if so it really doesn't even need to be planned right now anyway. We need to just concentrate on grassroots projects, the blimp, and our own individual efforts.

Man from La Mancha
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM
NO!!!

We don't need another money bomb!Wow your wrong on that one HQ could never have enough money and money bombs give the extra fun needed push to get it as 2/3 on this poll have proved. How much for daily prime time infomercials would that cost, daily full page adds in every major print media out there or 30 min radio shows on all major providers. Gee I think I used up a billion dollars already.

Zimmychonga
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM
MLK day hands down.

LibertyForAll
12-17-2007, 01:46 AM
How about a Get off our Butt Bomb.....and get out knocking on doors!

Regarius
12-17-2007, 01:46 AM
I think the 30th or the 31st makes sense to try to push us over 20 million for the quarter.. but after that.. I think it's time to retire it... There's not enough time to organize and get the support for anything comparable to the 5th or today and still have the money in hand for the campaign to use it before Super Tuesday. It's as simple as that.

Think12345
12-17-2007, 01:47 AM
I think we should concentrate on funding grassroots projects, until there is a reason to believe HQ needs more money.

stylesbjj
12-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Small 1-2 million dollar money bombs till presidents day, then 7-8 million dollar money bomb.

Derek Johnson
12-17-2007, 01:53 AM
How about a Get off our Butt Bomb.....and get out knocking on doors!

I've been doing this lately, and I've run into some really awkward situations doing this....like 4 star admiral wife barking for me to get the hell of the property while the old man is looking at me fearfully like I'm about to sell them a new vacuum cleaner.

Most of the time they just take the slim jim and thank me....yep, we are winning them, one at a time ;)

Korey Kaczynski
12-17-2007, 01:55 AM
A small money bomb day would be good to ensure we hit at least $20 million for the quarter, preferably on the 30th or 29th.

CasualApathy
12-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Ok you people are replying to my post and acting like I'm wrong, but yet you post NO reason to have another moneybomb?

Come on people, give me 1 good reason to have another moneybomb and I will seriously, honestly consider getting behind it too.

I hope you people realize though the blimp is in dire need of funds, and we need to get people donating to that next, and not another moneybomb. There's just no reason for another moneybomb, seriously. If there was I would be talking about when to do it with you guys.

I do agree maybe after the early primaries it might be worth doing one, but if so it really doesn't even need to be planned right now anyway. We need to just concentrate on grassroots projects, the blimp, and our own individual efforts.

I have been very impressed by the official campaign so far, and I am very confident that they will spend any donated money very effectively. They are looking at the money in the bank and making their plans day to day. They will spread out the 18 million to get maximum effect, spending money in the early states and saving a certain percentage for super tuesday. The more money they get, the moe money they will have for both the early and late states, so a moneybomb will definately help. If we pull in just a little wihout the hype of a teaparty or nov 5th, it will be great. I agree that we should also refocus our grassroots efforts, this is the time. Signs should be gong up everywhere, and the blimp should certainly be funded (it will achieve cult-status, mark my words), but i see no reason not to take advantage of focuspoints like the 31st and the interest we already have that day. This shouldnt be hyped, no talk of 10 million, just announce a final-day fundraising surge for those interested celebrating the campaigns achievements so far, and see what happens.

NerveShocker
12-17-2007, 01:58 AM
We definitely have to keep the money flowing.. whether or not we do another money bomb I'm not sure. I think though that tomorrow we should try to get a good amount of donations in to top off our money bomb. The same happened after Nov. 5th and we should try to make it larger this time. I think the main reason it happens is some people forget about the date but this time there is another reason. At 11:30 approximately Ronpaul2008.com crashed due to having more donors per minute than EVER before (even more than the start of the money bomb). It was down about 40 minutes and didn't come up until way after 12. I think many of those last minute donors that the chart showed donating late were unable to donate since the site crashed due to massive traffic. I could not load it at all. Many likely went to sleep (Work tomorrow) and will plan to donate tomorrow instead in hope it will be running then. In other words I think because of the crash there is a significant amount of people who are yet to donate. Tomorrow we should attempt to make a big day as well if you can spare it and have not maxed out.

Donate at www.RonPaul2008.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat at www.RonPaulRadio.com

NewEnd
12-17-2007, 02:12 AM
1. when ron Paul accepts the GOP nomination, a la Kerry's big haul (people have to max out that day, all donations afterwards are towards general election)

2. During the general election, we need a few.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 02:12 AM
New forum guys.... ;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237

wisconsinite
12-17-2007, 02:15 AM
You should have given yesterday all you were planning to give this year. So I say no.

CableNewsJunkie
12-17-2007, 02:15 AM
I think all fundraising efforts from this point forward should be trying to get as many people as possible to sign up at www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com and have them contribute at least $25/week.

I never really understood why that website never caught on like the others did. It needs support now though.

mokkan88
12-17-2007, 02:17 AM
We should have a two-week money bomb, starting now: our goal is to gradually raise 1.9 million to complete a $20 million quarter.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Well 180 people have already signed up...so...if you don't want to participate..fine.

No one is stopping you...just don't poop on it...that is not too much to ask...

if you change your mind....here is the new forum for it....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237

aaronknudson
12-17-2007, 04:04 AM
How about Feb 3rd ?
1913 - The 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified. It authorized the power to impose and collect income tax.

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 04:08 AM
The only money bomb shoudl come after NH, if we do good there the campaign will need fund for super tuesday...