PDA

View Full Version : Possible idea to spread the message

Thor
12-17-2007, 01:02 AM
OK, I had a brain storm after all the Tea Party excitement, and this might be totally stupid, or total work...

Constructive feedback is welcome. If you don't like it, that is fine, just no slams, please...

Many companies and organizations do sweepstakes, raffles, etc, and it is within the law.

How about a ronpaulraffle site that you go to and read a position, issue, statement, whatever about Dr Paul, and then on the next page you are quizzed on what you just read. If you answer correctly, you get to enter your email address for the drawing.

Enter as often as you would like, but you must answer a question on a position you just read correctly to submit your email address. Answer wrong and you do not get to submit your email address. (If this is legal to make a qualifier on entry, if not, then you can enter every time you "try")

We can form a LLC like the blimp so it is "for profit" and collect contributions that go toward the "prize". (or prizes)

We can then use the email addresses to send updates on the prize totals (as they grow with new contributions) and other tid bits on Dr Paul.

People want to win money or stuff (TV's, iPods, etc). We (Ron Paul supporters) want to educate people on Dr Paul and spread the message. Why not put 2 and 2 together and have a sweepstakes / raffle / drawing whatever and educate people about Dr Paul at the same time?

Make it fun and easy and educational so people understand Dr Paul, and what freedom would really mean when Dr Paul wins in 2008.

We can use cookies or a log in to track people to make sure they get different questions, etc... or just make it random.

Stupid, or doable and maybe successful?

Of course, it all depends on the amount of "prize" that is available if people will play, but after seeing this group step up with all these different events, I think we could make some attractive prizes which would make people interested in playing..

Thor
12-17-2007, 10:47 AM
no feedback?

Bryan
12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I think it's a real good idea.

Actually, I was also thinking it would be great to have a single challenge question like this required to register here on the forums! LOL! Would help keep the trolls types out. :) Same goes for any sort of pledge page sign-up (money bomb, etc). :)

Thor
12-17-2007, 12:24 PM
thanks Bryan.

If enough people like it, we would need a couple things. We would need people to come up with questions and the multiple choice answers to put into the database,someone to build the app / interface ( I can do that), and then a donations system set up for the prizes.

People could donate their own business products / services in addition to $ maybe. So the prizes could vary.

We could do some form of small weekly prize(s) to get it rolling (say an iPod) and then ramp up to bigger cash prizes as more players / contributions. And have a season finale "jackpot".

Or something like that....

MidnightUT
12-17-2007, 12:35 PM
This sounds like a great idea.

I think it should be limited to each person only being able to enter once for each correct question. So if there were 50 questions they could enter 50 times at most one for each right answer. And wrong answers shouldn't count against them.

Thor
12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
This sounds like a great idea.

I think it should be limited to each person only being able to enter once for each correct question. So if there were 50 questions they could enter 50 times at most one for each right answer. And wrong answers shouldn't count against them.

Exactly. The more questions you answer (and therefore issues you read) the more you learn, and you increase your odds of winning.

drexhex
12-17-2007, 12:41 PM
I could add that feature to my site: www.ronpaulstances.com

I already have videos for his main stances up, it wouldn't be too hard to have people answer a question afterwards and then put their email into a database.

It could be a 50-50 type deal where 50% goes to Ron Paul and 50% goes to the winner (just a suggestion)

MidnightUT
12-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Would love to know the legality as well. It's sad we have to even worry about such things.

Every few days or so new questions could be added, so people would be encouraged to keep checking back to get more entries. Would be a great opportunity to give them a little bit of news at the same time.

If you wanted to get crazy you could have referal codes to further spread participation. That way people would encourage their friends to sign up as well. Say once a friend signs up with your code and answers 10 questions you get a bonus 2-3 entries or something. Lots of possibilities here.

drexhex
12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Would love to know the legality as well. It's sad we have to even worry about such things. Raffles are legal.

Every few days or so new questions could be added, so people would be encouraged to keep checking back to get more entries. Would be a great opportunity to give them a little bit of news at the same time.

If you wanted to get crazy you could have referal codes to further spread participation. That way people would encourage their friends to sign up as well. Say once a friend signs up with your code and answers 10 questions you get a bonus 2-3 entries or something. Lots of possibilities here.

Both are easily done. I know enough to put this into action, if the demand is there.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
*lol* "Ron Paul's Educational Liberty Raffle":

Sounds funny - but we already own the Internet, people.
There is more need to translate the Internet-Support
into real people, votes and delegates.

But it's a nice Idea nevertheless - how to promote it,
is the real hard task here...

drexhex
12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Blump for yay/nay

Thor
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM

We do "own" the internet, and that is how we could get the message out there about it...

Remember the stats. 80% if the US population is on the internet 50%+ have broadband, yet Dr Paul is polling in the 2% - 10% range. so lots of opportunity to use the internet to our advantage. And people want to win stuff / money.

drexhex
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Should I start on this or is there no real interest?

Thor
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Should I start on this or is there no real interest?

Obviously I have interest. :)

MidnightUT
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM

I think the big draw here is it would be a fun easy way for people to educate themselves. It'd be a great way get more of my family and friends involved for example. Right now when I try to spread Ron Paul's message to them I have to fight tooth & nail just to get them interest enough to care before even starting to dismantle their misconceptions about current situations. They would never go out on their own to actually learn the positions of the candidates, so this would be an easy way to bribe/trick them into learning things on their own. Throw up an Ipod Touch, or a $100 Amazon gift card or something and I bet I could get twice as many people to listen to Ron Paul's ideas than what I'm currently able to.

drexhex
12-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Haha, true, but does the rest of the people on the board like the idea?

Maybe you could edit the title or start a new thread that has a more descriptive title (mention raffle in it?)

Thor
12-17-2007, 01:15 PM

Maybe you could edit the title or start a new thread that has a more descriptive title (mention raffle in it?)

Can't edit titles...

So I guess a new thread?

"Ron Paul free money giveaway, without government funding."

MidnightUT
12-17-2007, 01:15 PM

I think so as well. Definitely make a good descriptive title. Especially as fast paced as this board is, I learned that mistake with my existing thread.

I'd wait for more feedback from the community at large before starting work on this project, but I like the idea of it. As far as I know there isn't a great site to point people to in order to educate themselves. At least not in a fun/enticing way to grab their attention long enough to get them hooked on Dr. Paul like the rest of us.

MidnightUT
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Can't edit titles...

So I guess a new thread?

Hmm, I think it should be a bit more descriptive. I probably wouldn't have read a thread with that title.

"Idea for Raffle Website, Entry For Prizes Based on Questions about Ron Paul" or something?

drexhex
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Can't edit titles...

So I guess a new thread?

We could start a chip-in, too. The prize would depend on the amount raised ($100 would be a gift card, $250 would be a wii, etc etc)

drexhex
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
As far as I know there isn't a great site to point people to in order to educate themselves. At least not in a fun/enticing way to grab their attention long enough to get them hooked on Dr. Paul like the rest of us.

<shameless_plug> Check out my site =P www.RonPaulStances.com </shameless_plug>

Thor
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
We could start a chip-in, too. The prize would depend on the amount raised ($100 would be a gift card, $250 would be a wii, etc etc)

Yes... and/or a donate now like the blimp uses...

And maybe we have a choice of prizes in a category, like for $250 a Wii, or a gift card or .... , as we want to have people from all age groups playing, and some might not care about a Wii....

drexhex
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it was just a potential example.

Just let me know if you want me to start coding it

Thor
12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, it was just a potential example.

Just let me know if you want me to start coding it

Yeah, sure. I can help too if it is php/mysql.

I think we should get a few question / answer writers on board first though, as that is the hard part.

Anyone who knows Ron Paul data and position data very well, or wants to research it and create multiple choice answers.

drexhex
12-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, sure. I can help too if it is php/mysql.

I think we should get a few question / answer writers on board first though, as that is the hard part.

Anyone who knows Ron Paul data and position data very well, or wants to research it and create multiple choice answers.

Alright, I'll get started on the server-side code, shouldn't be too hard.

I'd say make a new thread titled something along the lines of "Need your help! Post a multiple-choice question and answer about Ron Paul here!"

Thor
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
OK, new thread put out...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=641993#post641993

MidnightUT
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
<shameless_plug> Check out my site =P www.RonPaulStances.com </shameless_plug>

Great site, one I used several times as I was learning about Dr. Paul :)

Thor
12-17-2007, 02:03 PM
So here is a question... do we call it ronpaulraffle.com (or some such), or do we call it politicalraffle.com (or something non affiliated) and make it appear open to all candidates and their positions, but really promote Ron Paul by focusing on flip flops, erronious statements, etc. and educate people on Ron Paul a little more covertly.

If we are out and out ronpaulraffle, many might not even go and check it out just due to the name.

MidnightUT
12-17-2007, 02:15 PM
So here is a question... do we call it ronpaulraffle.com (or some such), or do we call it politicalraffle.com (or something non affiliated) and make it appear open to all candidates and their positions, but really promote Ron Paul by focusing on flip flops, erronious statements, etc. and educate people on Ron Paul a little more covertly.

If we are out and out ronpaulraffle, many might not even go and check it out just due to the name.

I'd vote for ronpaulraffle. Because it would be a promotional/educational tool for me to use for the soul purpose of spreading Ron Paul. Plus it would spread name recognition just by having his name in it and having good prizes.