PDA

View Full Version : Can we make it over $20 mil for Q4?

Maverick
12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Seems like a pretty attainable goal to me. We've got 15 days to raise about $1,900,000 more. So that's an average of $126,666 (heh) per day. We might slow down a bit during the holiday season and all, but I think we can top that, don't you?

EDIT: whoops, 15 days, not 14. Silly me :rolleyes:

Paulitician
12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
1 million for each week. It is doable. For the following few days, we'll have strong fundraising. For the last week, there will be a push to make 1 million dollars like Q3. There are also offline donations. So I think it's doable, but it might be harder than we think. I get the feeling that we could start feeling exhaustion or maybe even satisfaction.

TwiLeXia
12-17-2007, 12:51 AM
yes definitely

Patrick_Henry
12-17-2007, 12:51 AM
If they launch a national commercial, I can only assume we would start to see more donations and better poll results.

Maverick
12-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, there might be some fatigue after such a big day like today, but I think we'll manage to see it through. And hopefully we'll get some good media coverage in the next couple of days that'll bring in some new donors. And if all else fails, I'll bet somebody will organize a little "push" to get us over the top on the 31st ;)

NerveShocker
12-17-2007, 01:10 AM
We definitely have to keep the money flowing.. whether or not we do another money bomb I'm not sure. I think though that tomorrow we should try to get a good amount of donations in to top off our money bomb. The same happened after Nov. 5th and we should try to make it larger this time. I think the main reason it happens is some people forget about the date but this time there is another reason. At 11:30 approximately Ronpaul2008.com crashed due to having more donors per minute than EVER before (even more than the start of the money bomb). It was down about 40 minutes and didn't come up until way after 12. I think many of those last minute donors that the chart showed donating late were unable to donate since the site crashed due to massive traffic. I could not load it at all. Many likely went to sleep (Work tomorrow) and will plan to donate tomorrow instead in hope it will be running then. In other words I think because of the crash there is a significant amount of people who are yet to donate. Tomorrow we should attempt to make a big day as well if you can spare it and have not maxed out.

Donate at www.RonPaul2008.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat at www.RonPaulRadio.com

Maverick
12-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Hey, who's voting no? Bah humbug to you too :p

AlexK
12-17-2007, 01:16 AM
It's possible, but it's not going to be as easy as it looks. We need a million per week, and I don't think we've ever raised that much on non-moneybomb weeks.

Battlecruiser
12-17-2007, 01:18 AM
We might be fatigued, but hopefully the news of the tea party will attract more people. With their help and the new years bomb, I'm pretty sure we can hit 20 million.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 01:18 AM
donate2008.org (http://donate2008.org/) will help a little I'm sure :)

Paulitician
12-17-2007, 01:30 AM
20 million looks much better than 19 million. I actually wanted us to raise 22 million for the quarter. Imagine all the fees that the campaign has to pay for. :eek: The credit card fee alone was 500k last time if I remember correctly.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 01:56 AM
We definitely have to keep the money flowing.. whether or not we do another money bomb I'm not sure. I think though that tomorrow we should try to get a good amount of donations in to top off our money bomb. The same happened after Nov. 5th and we should try to make it larger this time. I think the main reason it happens is some people forget about the date but this time there is another reason. At 11:30 approximately Ronpaul2008.com crashed due to having more donors per minute than EVER before (even more than the start of the money bomb). It was down about 40 minutes and didn't come up until way after 12. I think many of those last minute donors that the chart showed donating late were unable to donate since the site crashed due to massive traffic. I could not load it at all. Many likely went to sleep (Work tomorrow) and will plan to donate tomorrow instead in hope it will be running then. In other words I think because of the crash there is a significant amount of people who are yet to donate. Tomorrow we should attempt to make a big day as well if you can spare it and have not maxed out.

Donate at www.RonPaul2008.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat at www.RonPaulRadio.com

Na it didn't go down until like right before midnight, and I'm fairly sure it was back up before midnight. I know it wasn't down until at least after 11:45 because I was donating late then to try to help push us to 6.2 million.