PDA

View Full Version : Paul's consistency. Check it out.

klamath
07-05-2007, 10:27 PM
I was doing some research on the history of our wars with Iraq. I googled the Iraqi liberation act of 1998 and found the congressional record for the debate. Pauls name is all over it.
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec98/cr100598.htm

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Truly consistent.

And further proof, as if any were needed, that the Iraq invasion was in the offing loooooooong before 9/11.

Roxi
07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
reading through everything RP said, and assuming its all truth (which i do) this is undeniable proof that we prompted bin laden into attacking us, the iraq war was about oil, and big money, and we knew LOOONG before 9/11 that bin laden was going to do something, and that iraq had nothing to do with it

why did we go to war in Iraq over 9/11?
hmmm

edit: and no im not a 9/11 truther, or saying america deserved the attacks (just in case giuliani is listening)

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I'd never seen that. Thanks.

RedStripe
07-05-2007, 10:57 PM
My God, Ron Paul is the the man!

I seriously can't even believe that I never heard of him back then.

Dustancostine
07-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Read his newest book. A Foreign Policy of Freedom makes Ron Paul sound like Nostradomus, he predicts everything from 9/11 to how the war with Iraq has turned out.

--Dustan

FSP-Rebel
07-05-2007, 11:29 PM
I've never heard that explanation before, and I've heard some pretty absurd ex-whatver explaining about 9-11. Ok, you get my drift. I can't even stomach rationally coming up with an expo for this. I have to use the restroom now. Can you blame me?

JaylieWoW
07-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Truly consistent.

And further proof, as if any were needed, that the Iraq invasion was in the offing loooooooong before 9/11.

Right-o!!

Here is the part that made my heart drop down to my stomach:

Mr. Speaker, the gentleman from Indiana makes some very good points indicating that he is not convinced that this is workable. So back to the practicality of the bill. Even though one might argue there is a lot of good intentions here, even a Member that is supporting the bill is very uncertain whether it is workable.

In some ways, even if it is workable, it is going to be working against us and working against the United States and working against the taxpayers of this country.

But I would also like to challenge the statement that this does not change policy, because on section 3, it says it should be the policy of the United States to seek to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.

That sounds pretty clear to me. As a matter of fact, I think it sounds so clear that it contradicts U.S. law. How do you remove somebody without killing them? Is it just because we do not use our own CIA to bump them off that we are not morally and legally responsible? We will be.

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Read his newest book. A Foreign Policy of Freedom makes Ron Paul sound like Nostradomus, he predicts everything from 9/11 to how the war with Iraq has turned out.

--Dustan

It would be nice if we could all get together to purchase his newest book and make it hit #1 on the New York Times Bestseller List

X_805
07-06-2007, 12:29 AM
He really is one of the few politicians for the people... :(

klamath
07-06-2007, 08:10 AM
What I also noted was that the other anti war candidate voted for this. Here's a clip of the Yea votes.

Knollenberg
Kolbe
Kucinich
LaFalce
Lampson

austinphish
07-06-2007, 09:49 AM
"When we fight a war for national security reasons, we declare the war, the people join, they are willing to support it financially, they volunteer to go into the military, and they fight to win. But we have not done that since World War II, precisely because we have this namby-pamby foreign policy of being everything to everybody and we do not even defend our national security adequately enough."

Namby-pamby. lol, he is too nice.

austinphish
07-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry, but this is just about the best Ron Paul document I have ever read. It shows how prescient he was about these issues - waaaay before it became popular to be so.

"Mr. ROHRABACHER: Mr. Speaker, the gentleman does not think it is proper for us to offer those people who are struggling for freedoms in Iraq against their dictatorship a helping hand?

Mr. PAUL: Mr. Speaker, reclaiming my time, I think it would be absolutely proper to do that, as long as it came out of the gentleman's wallet and we did not extract it from somebody in this country, a taxpayer at the point of a gun and say, look, bin Laden is a great guy. I want more of your money.

That is what we did in the 1980s. That is what the Congress did. They went to the taxpayers, they put a gun to their head, and said, you pay up, because we think bin Laden is a freedom fighter."