PDA

View Full Version : No more money bombs

Malum Prohibitum
12-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Primaries are here. If you have money to give, give it, otherwise, its time to take it to the streets!

Positive news:

Did a sign wave yesterday and got probably a honk or yell every minute or so.

My Ron Paul vinyl on the car is getting attention. A Marine knocked on my door today to ask me about Dr. Paul. He is on board and fired up!

Its time to start the most difficult part, selling the message to one person at a time.

Churchill2004
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Eh, we've got early primaries, but we still have a ways to go until Feb. 5. I see room to squeeze in another money bomb.

UtahApocalypse
12-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Agreed, Rather then big single days lets set the goal of 22 million before Jan 1st

noztnac
12-17-2007, 12:18 AM
MLK Money Bomb!

Martin Luther King, Jr., was a great man who worked for racial equality and civil rights in the United States of America. He was born on January 15, 1929, in Atlanta, Georgia.

Scott Wilson
12-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Door Knock Bomb for the Win!!!

DirtMcGirt
12-17-2007, 12:25 AM
we need a new creative term instead of "bomb"; hucksarmy is already using the term, that means it so last week

thisguy
12-17-2007, 12:27 AM
we need a new creative term instead of "bomb"; hucksarmy is already using the term, that means it so last week

WMD? :p

DarkLaw
12-17-2007, 12:28 AM
WMD = Weekly Money Drive

BWahaha

anotherone
12-17-2007, 12:28 AM
ahh. but they're sooo much fun.

There's President's Day, and Independence Day to look forward to!

But I agree with the sentiment, that the focus should be on the rapidly approaching Primaries for the time being.

pahs1994
12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
WMD? :p

weapons of mass donations

Original_Intent
12-17-2007, 12:32 AM
One more push on Dec 31, not sure if people will have recovered enough for a full bomb. I think we should have a money "surge" on the 31st.

SpicyItalian739
12-17-2007, 12:33 AM
We need a new more inventive idea, how about a SteadyBomb... you sign up and it randomly puts you on one of seven daily SteadyBomb groups and you donate once a week.

Say you get assigned to a tuesday bomb, every tuesday you donate 20 dollars.
Others may get assigned to wednesday, thursday, friday, etc.

Im sure somebody could write a script for the SteadyBomb so when somebody signs up it randomly assigns them to a day and then emails them every week on that day

This way you are assigned a day to donate and the entire thing is steady throughout the week.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-17-2007, 12:41 AM

agreed

jrich4rpaul
12-17-2007, 12:43 AM
Primaries are here. If you have money to give, give it, otherwise, its time to take it to the streets!

Positive news:

Did a sign wave yesterday and got probably a honk or yell every minute or so.

My Ron Paul vinyl on the car is getting attention. A Marine knocked on my door today to ask me about Dr. Paul. He is on board and fired up!

Its time to start the most difficult part, selling the message to one person at a time.

Best post ever.

Let's get out there.

TwiLeXia
12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
no i think money bombs are tremendously helpful. if there were no money bombs, i probably would have donated once for the quarter, felt good about it, and never donated again. but because we have these special days, i feel empowered and enthusiastic to donate, with the rest of the RP supporters.

even though in a perfect world, we'd all like to see higher weekly donations, people enjoy these days more than just regularly donating everyday. plus, we're making records, setting history, making news, and having a hell of a party. let's set another one, please!!!

Eric23
12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Agreed. It's time to take the campaign to the streets.

NerveShocker
12-17-2007, 12:49 AM
We definitely have to keep the money flowing.. whether or not we do another money bomb I'm not sure. I think though that tomorrow we should try to get a good amount of donations in to top off our money bomb. The same happened after Nov. 5th and we should try to make it larger this time. I think the main reason it happens is some people forget about the date but this time there is another reason. At 11:30 approximately Ronpaul2008.com crashed due to having more donors per minute than EVER before (even more than the start of the money bomb). It was down about 40 minutes and didn't come up until way after 12. I think many of those last minute donors that the chart showed donating late were unable to donate since the site crashed due to massive traffic. I could not load it at all. Many likely went to sleep (Work tomorrow) and will plan to donate tomorrow instead in hope it will be running then. In other words I think because of the crash there is a significant amount of people who are yet to donate. Tomorrow we should attempt to make a big day as well if you can spare it and have not maxed out.

Donate at www.RonPaul2008.com

Listen to the Ron Paul Radio live and chat at www.RonPaulRadio.com

Craig_R
12-17-2007, 12:52 AM
theres already a money bomb scheduled for presidents day

Benaiah
12-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Agreed. It's time to take the campaign to the streets.

+1

We need new ideas.

Money Bomb - check
Blimp - check

Should focus on the streets.

V4Vendetta
12-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah I don;t think we need another one.... just donate as we go! Maybe one more... like in Feb. or something far off like that

dlb8685
12-17-2007, 12:59 AM
We need to pick ONE day, a Saturday, and get as many signs up as we can. I'm not even talking about rallies necessarily, so much as people waving signs and canvassing.

I was doing this in Chicago on Saturday, holding the biggest sign there is, 8 feet by 4 feet I think, on an overpass, and people were honking like crazy. It only took a few people to hold it up and rotate. In two hours we were seen by about 30,000 cars, and there were a couple moments where we had up to four or five people honking. That shit, I'm sure, got a lot of people's attention, and it only took five people.

A rally is good, but a lot of a rally's success depends on the story getting picked up by the MSM. What we need to right now is assume that the MSM doesn't even exist, and then, given that, figure out a way to build Ron Paul's name recognition to 100%. Do people agree? I think building name recognition and voter sentiment for the primaries at this point far outweighs the need for another money bomb.

I think we need a challenge to people to think of the most outlandish, attention gathering, guerrilla marketing tactics we can. The blimp was a pure stroke of genius, and right now we need at least ten ideas that are just as good.

derdy
12-17-2007, 01:43 AM
I disagree.

A money-bomb is a coordinated effort that, before the Internet, we be completely impossible. We have a lot of hardcore supporters that are ready to throw down.

Your post should've been, "Let's have another money bomb for the Primaries and also hit the streets!"

If I understand this correctly, for the primaries we can donate up to $2,300. After the primaries we can donate another $2,300 for the general election.

We best be on that!

LibertyForAll
12-17-2007, 02:05 AM
There is real interest in another money-bomb, maybe plan it for the first part of Feb? I know that most people are low on funds after the holidays, and even into the New Year, paying off Christmas expenses. Plan one for Feb, but also in the meantime get creative and get some idea-bombs going off on how to get the message out even more. There is a huge amount of talent here, and not just in fund-raising. Better use of the talent is something creative to get support and outsmart the evil ones who will be doing their best to defeat us.

Derek Johnson
12-17-2007, 02:08 AM

2nd this. PLease don't set a goal for the 31st. Let's just agree to give whatever we can. Me, I'm good for 100 bucks. This should place us above 20 million easy.

Man from La Mancha
12-17-2007, 02:10 AM
I like the bombs to do with something to do with the revolutionary war more than anything else.

dlb8685
12-17-2007, 02:11 AM
I've gotta get some sleep. I'd like to get some sort of group of site set up where we can go over ideas. Door-knock bombs, idea bombs, sign bombs, etc. We need to have a big day that will get more Americans fired up for the election.

One more tidbit. Truckers seem to love Ron Paul. When he were waving his signs by the freeway, I would say ten percent of the trucks honked, maybe even more. This was one of the biggest advantages I noticed to the freeway thing.

silus
12-17-2007, 02:12 AM
Whether or not you like the term "money bomb" is irrelevant. These one day fundraisers bring the people out in full force, they have created a structure that unites people with a single goal, and more importantly they create thousands of new donors...in other words, they work.

Other candidates have money bombs but they involve rich people paying 1500 dollars for a plate of food. The one day event is absolutely necessary, so I would not stray from it. Lets just tweak the wording.

But I think its foolish to think this campaign can be as successful by moving to a non-defined donation frequency. There are thousands of people who will only be moved to donate by the gravitation of such powerful days as we just had.

I like the Feb 1st National Freedom Day. It fits Ron Paul's purpose, and it will give truthful press to the fact that Ron Paul's message of freedom is all-inclusive. http://www.americaslibrary.gov/cgi-bin/page.cgi/es/pa/free_1

AND I think it gives people's wallets a much needed rest.

NewEnd
12-17-2007, 02:13 AM
When Paul gets the nomnation, a fianl money bomb, to max out people for the primaries.

during the general elections, he'll need a few.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 02:14 AM
New forum for the next bomb guys guys...;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237

:D

Castrensis
12-17-2007, 02:16 AM
We need a new more inventive idea, how about a SteadyBomb... you sign up and it randomly puts you on one of seven daily SteadyBomb groups and you donate once a week.

Say you get assigned to a tuesday bomb, every tuesday you donate 20 dollars.
Others may get assigned to wednesday, thursday, friday, etc.

Im sure somebody could write a script for the SteadyBomb so when somebody signs up it randomly assigns them to a day and then emails them every week on that day

This way you are assigned a day to donate and the entire thing is steady throughout the week.

I was thinking along these same lines as well. Certainly our daily drippings will fill a bigger bucket than our geyers of fundraising effort. I first thought that perhaps it could be called a Ron Paul Freedom Tax, but that may not go over so well given most of our positions on taxation - but perhaps an RP Freedom Tithe? SteadyBomb is probably better but I'm certain with the overflowing creativity of most here we could come up with something more interesting.

Anyhow, a weekly or bi-monthly (depending on your pay period) 10% donation of your net pay would go a long way toward maintaining this campaign's stupendous momentum. For those who have maxed out perhaps the money could be pledged to any number of chip-ins, or the blimp, or NHLiveFreeorDie, &c.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Exarel
12-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Don't set a specific number, just whatever. If we make 20 mill for q4 great.

CasualApathy
12-17-2007, 02:18 AM
I think many of the people who say "no more money bombs" are simply worried that the focus on fundraising has hurt our day to day grassroots efforts. This is certainly true, and we need to change that. We started out by becoming the most creative grassroots-campaign ever, then we decided that we needed to turn ourselves into a fundraising-machne able to challenge the establishment, today we achieved our victorty. Now we need to do both, we set the date and trust in our donor-base, we don't need so much timeconsuming monybomb-hype anymore, we have climbed that hill, we need to refocus on the grassroots efforts and let the moneybombs come naturally. The final day of december is a very natural focus-point for a final day surge. We just have to agree on the date (or another date that seems natural) and let the information filter out to those interested. We need the best of both worlds; a lot more grassroots discussion and 2-3 monthly donation days where those interested can donate. It is too effective a tool to ignore, we just have to get people together and light the fuse, we dont have to break any records. We shouldnt dismantle the money-machine now that we have mastered it. The donation-days will only keep getting bigger as we are absorbing new doors faster then people are maxing out.