PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Hunter Raises $25,000 - calls it "HUGE"

james1844
12-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Dang,

I feel kinda sorry for that guy...

here is a fundraising email from his campaign

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November Was HUGE! Let's make December BIGGER!
Fellow Duncaneers, the final results are in! You made the month of November huge for online giving! READ BELOW: for a special thanks from Duncan Hunter!
In just over 3 weeks time, YOU raised over $25,000 to help take Duncan Hunter to the White House!
Now here's the most amazing number: that was accomplished with only 1% of Hunter's online supporters donating.
WOW!
$25,000 in a mere 24 days with only 1% . . .
Do the math! What if 5% respond in this season of giving?
That's over $125,000 . . . with just 5%. And that's not counting the tens of thousands raised OFF-line during the same period!
And we're confident we can do it together . . .
. . . After all, a large portion of the November donors pledged to give again in December already!
Folks, as we remember the true "reason for the season", giving is on all our hearts.
So, while we're out there sifting through the crowds or browsing the web to fork over our hard-earned dollars for gifts for loved-ones . . .
. . . Why not sacrifice a few dollars for the future of our country? Is that really too much to ask?
Congressman Hunter and the entire campaign team are dedicated to make sure that we run a lean-mean machine!
We've done that. And we'll continue to do that.
Duncan Hunter refuses:
-to throw hordes of critical cash to mass media advertising like the other guys
-to take money from folks who don't share his principles, unlike some of the other guys
-to kowtow to special interests in dictating where he spends his time
-to allow the media to define him
Duncan Hunter stands rock solid as a man of character . . .
. . . And that's reflected in the nature of this presidential race.
While the other guys sling mud at each other and go for the jugular, they have nothing but praises for Duncan Hunter:
"He's a man of great character."
"I think very highly of Duncan Hunter."
"Hunter is a very likable guy and a good man."
"Duncan is a man of integrity."
The Hunter strategy of staying below the radar while maintaining a course of character and Reagan leadership is working!

yongrel
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
aw, look at the wittle campaign

It's just so darn cute!

Aia
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
25Grand is huge for me. :D hahaha.

Nyte
12-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Hey we were there once too.

Chester Copperpot
Yeah I give Duncan respect.. I dont agree with him.. but he is a green beret from Vietnam and he is NOT a member of the CFR.. so I can respect that.

He knows all about the NAU as well and is against it.

Good guy and all.. But I want Ron Paul!!!!!!

ChrisV
LOL @ 25k

xao
12-17-2007, 12:19 AM
I read he joined the CFR recently and ditched his border fence idea.

The Jam
12-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Whether or not I agree with him, I certainly don't want to mock the guy.

Chester Copperpot
12-17-2007, 12:20 AM

Ut oh for real??? If thats true then he can kiss my ass. You got a link?

Whatre they gonna try and make him "Media Creation #3" ??

Syren123

Lie.

fletcher
I'm having a hard time believing that email is real. Is it a joke?

TwiLeXia
25k in 3 weeks vs. 6.3 mil in 1 day. you almost feel sorry for the little guy...

And yet, he still gets more questions than Dr. Paul at the debates.

scoot87
12-17-2007, 12:21 AM
"to take money from folks who don't share his principles, unlike some of the other guys"

Its funny how people antagonize Paul for accepting White Nationalist/Supremacist donations. If a candidate researched the background info on every person, there is bound to be a principle that is not agreed upon.

RPFTW!
Meh, he's my second favorite neo-con. I think he is honest in who he is same with Tancredo, just totally misled and brainwashed. I think they are both genuine and authentic unlike Guiliani and Romney.

james1844
I'm having a hard time believing that email is real. Is it a joke?

No Joke. I subscribe to Hunter's email list.

wstrucke
he could be a VP??

Spike
12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Didn't he call Dr. Paul crazy?

No way is he VP material.

familydog
12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Who cares about how much he raised?

Bergie Bergeron
12-17-2007, 12:24 AM
He's out after NH anyway.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-17-2007, 12:25 AM
I giggled when I read that.

InRonWeTrust
12-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Lol, is this a JOKE??

Duncaneers?

orion846
12-17-2007, 12:26 AM
what does a campaign even do with 25k? i dont get it

Eric23
12-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I kind of like Duncan Hunter. Be nice. :p

Syren123
12-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I kind of like Duncan Hunter. Be nice. :p

Me too. Before RP got into the race, he was just about the only one I could stomach.

wildflower
12-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah I give Duncan respect.. I dont agree with him.. but he is a green beret from Vietnam and he is NOT a member of the CFR.. so I can respect that.

He knows all about the NAU as well and is against it.

Good guy and all.. But I want Ron Paul!!!!!!

That's exactly how I feel.

greendiseaser
12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
i've heard i'm not supposed to like Duncan Hunter, and truth be told i haven't researched him at all (why should i? I have my guy!), but from what i've seen of him at the debates, his stated positions seem to be some of the better ones up on the stage.

I haven't paid him all that much attention, but i don't consider him some evil threat to america like i do some of the other candidates.

he seems "marginaly genunie" at least.

:D

Go Duncan go.

You raise that money!

We're all cheering you on over here, as well!
(its just, well, we've all donated our maximum for the season)

But i can still donate cheer and seasons tidings!

:D

microsect
lol we did about 200k+ an hour. do we know how much we raised today?

fletcher
No Joke. I subscribe to Hunter's email list.

Wow. That is embarrassing. This email is too funny.

$25,000 in a mere 24 days

LOL

Duncan Hunter refuses:

Yes, because he doesn't have hordes of cash. I would be surprised if he had any cash on hand.

-to take money from folks who don't share his principles, unlike some of the other guys

Well it's easy to check out the principles of all of the people that give you money when you're only getting a thousand dollars a day. What are the odds that Duncan would give back my money if I donated to him?

The Hunter strategy of staying below the radar while maintaining a course of character and Reagan leadership is working!

Yea, that's your strategy, not the position you were forced into.

hellah10
yea duncan hunter also has my respect... the guy was a ranger in the 75th ranger regiment in vietnam, thats crazy... plus hes the only one up there that can say "my son has done 3 tours in iraq"

AlexAmore
12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
what does a campaign even do with 25k? i dont get it

Buy a campaign car and call it the "Brief Chat Express".

specsaregood
12-17-2007, 12:57 AM
The man is bought out by the Military Industrial Complex.

http://2008central.net/?p=917
"Congress has spent $63 million dollars in an effort spearheaded by Duncan Hunter to build a plane that the Pentagon does not want and does think will work."
Excerpt:
"The issue is Hunter’s close ties to the lobbyists and the continued demonstrations of how poorly conceived the aircraft is. I would think that the overwhelming majority of Americans think innovation to protect the troops is a good idea; but it seems that wasted dollars on something the Pentagon does not want and does not work is something else entirely."

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-17-2007, 01:01 AM
That makes me want to cry just a little

syborius
12-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Dang,

I feel kinda sorry for that guy...

here is a fundraising email from his campaign

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November Was HUGE! Let's make December BIGGER!
Fellow Duncaneers, the final results are in! You made the month of November huge for online giving! READ BELOW: for a special thanks from Duncan Hunter!
In just over 3 weeks time, YOU raised over $25,000 to help take Duncan Hunter to the White House!
Now here's the most amazing number: that was accomplished with only 1% of Hunter's online supporters donating.
WOW!
$25,000 in a mere 24 days with only 1% . . .
Do the math! What if 5% respond in this season of giving?
That's over $125,000 . . . with just 5%. And that's not counting the tens of thousands raised OFF-line during the same period!
And we're confident we can do it together . . .
. . . After all, a large portion of the November donors pledged to give again in December already!
Folks, as we remember the true "reason for the season", giving is on all our hearts.
So, while we're out there sifting through the crowds or browsing the web to fork over our hard-earned dollars for gifts for loved-ones . . .
. . . Why not sacrifice a few dollars for the future of our country? Is that really too much to ask?
Congressman Hunter and the entire campaign team are dedicated to make sure that we run a lean-mean machine!
We've done that. And we'll continue to do that.
Duncan Hunter refuses:
-to kowtow to special interests in dictating where he spends his time
-to allow the media to define him
Duncan Hunter stands rock solid as a man of character . . .
. . . And that's reflected in the nature of this presidential race.
While the other guys sling mud at each other and go for the jugular, they have nothing but praises for Duncan Hunter:
"He's a man of great character."
"I think very highly of Duncan Hunter."
"Hunter is a very likable guy and a good man."
"Duncan is a man of integrity."

LOL where's my checkbook :D :rolleyes:

vegetarianrpfan
12-17-2007, 01:25 AM
I have more respect for Duncan Hunter than I do Romney or Giuliani or Huckabee, but that's not saying much.

There's something I like about Tom Tancredo, but Hunter just doesn't do it for me. I don't like his attitude when asked about gays in the military, and he screams "typical politician," although I do respect him a bit more for his views on the military and war because he was in one and his son is now.

It's good that he is against the NAU, though. He is a step above some of these other bought-and-paid-for candidates.

---------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

Dan D.
12-17-2007, 01:40 AM
If it wasn't for Giuliani and Romney, Hunter would have almost certainly taken the early lead they did, or a close second behind McCain. You think they copy Paul's positions?! They copy Hunter's even more. FAR more. If Romney or Thompson gets the nomination, expect Hunter as VP. Hunter's problem (from his POV) is that he's the most generic Republican on stage. McCain and Tancredo are loose cannons, but rolling in different directions. Thompson, Giuliani, and Romney are only in there as celebrities. Huckabee is the baby boomer Pat Robertson, with a good dose of Clinton and Carter. If they'd known he'd get anywhere, the GOP establishment would have kicked him out of the debates months ago. Brownback, and Tommy Thompson were frauds, and Gilmore was like Hunter, but less qualified. And Paul, of course, is Paul.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey we were there once too.

No, we were never there. Ron Paul started this campaign with most LP members behind him.

Craig_R
12-17-2007, 02:04 AM
there was so much spin coming off of that I think I got some on me

nbhadja
12-17-2007, 02:35 AM
He voted for the Iraqi war, for the patriot act, and favors using nuclear tactical strikes against Iran if they don't get rid of their imaginary centrifuges. He is almost as bad as the other candidates, the only positive about him is that he is tough on immigration, but garbage in everything else.