PDA

View Full Version : The BIG News

LibertyForAll
12-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Has anyone else seen the new official 30 minute infomercial on YouTube from the Ron Paul Campaign? THAT is the second punch of the ONE TWO.....what an AWESOME presentation, and it is going to be on Television thanks to our donations!!

Syren123
It's on LRC.

ronpaulitician
And an hour long with Beck on Tuesday.

davidt!
12-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Yep, very well done. Especially Prt. 2

RPSignbomb
12-16-2007, 11:53 PM
This could be a Huckster kind of week for Dr. Paul - a perfect storm of sorts!!!!!

jrich4rpaul
12-16-2007, 11:54 PM
AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNWHmiGj-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wekzQrQfacg

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-16-2007, 11:56 PM
And so it begins.

chrismatthews
12-17-2007, 12:00 AM
And so it begins.

I really hope so. We've given him the tools to succeed, now we have to cross our fingers and hope enough Iowans are brave enough to vote their hearts instead of what the media tells them they should do.

sirachman
12-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I think its awesome, but how will people unlike us know its going to be on tv? Is it going to be advertised or what?

Jagwarr
12-17-2007, 12:01 AM
My wife and I thought it was fantastic. One thing I would mention is that I would prefer the opening abortion issue be moved somewhat back in the piece but I don't know Iowa Politics so perhaps it is best in that spot for the particular state.

Ninja Homer
12-17-2007, 12:03 AM
There's also a Ron Paul press conference in Des Moines tomorrow at 12:45 PM.
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071216005057&newsLang=en

What a day!

EvilEngineer
12-17-2007, 12:13 AM
yeah, wish the abortion issue was later in the interview... I come from a NOT being pro-life camp, so it was not a selling point for me on Dr. Paul. However I looked over that issue because other things are MUCH more important.

AceNZ
12-17-2007, 12:14 AM
That video is much more to the right than most of his previous interviews, etc. It makes me think he might be taking Richard Nixon's advice (perhaps unintentionally) on how to win when running on the Republican ticket: Run far to the right during the primaries, then go to the center afterwards.

However, running so far right feels strange. One can only assume that the campaign staff knows what they're doing, but it seems like it could scare off a lot of independents and other middle-of-the-roaders.

yongrel
12-17-2007, 12:15 AM
yeah, wish the abortion issue was later in the interview... I come from a NOT being pro-life camp, so it was not a selling point for me on Dr. Paul. However I looked over that issue because other things are MUCH more important.

same-ish.

For me, I honestly don't care about abortion as an issue. Examined closely, I have no idea where I stand on it, and I think there are a whole helluva lot bigger issues at hand.

slantedview
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
AWESOME!

this is so awesome i am giddy. it's all coming together! :D

adwads
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
We've talked about the abortion issue in the infomercial in previous threads. It's controversial. I don't think we should promote the infomercial. It's good for Iowa, but not good nationally.

slantedview
12-17-2007, 12:18 AM
btw: ron trending right in this informercial is brilliant strategy.

dspectre
12-17-2007, 12:20 AM
I think they tailored the Infomercial to Iowa, so that is MAYBE why the focus of abortion is at the beginning.

Paulitician
12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Thought it was ok. I only care about the policy talk really.

jake
12-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Blimp, Teaparty, Glenn Beck, Meet The Press, The Infomercial.. the push is on folks

jake
12-17-2007, 12:26 AM
We've talked about the abortion issue in the infomercial in previous threads. It's controversial. I don't think we should promote the infomercial. It's good for Iowa, but not good nationally.

Agreed. this is a highly targeted advertisement.

anotherone
12-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Part 2 of the infomercial is really good. That should get national play.

dircha
12-17-2007, 12:27 AM
That video is much more to the right than most of his previous interviews, etc. It makes me think he might be taking Richard Nixon's advice (perhaps unintentionally) on how to win when running on the Republican ticket: Run far to the right during the primaries, then go to the center afterwards.

However, running so far right feels strange. One can only assume that the campaign staff knows what they're doing, but it seems like it could scare off a lot of independents and other middle-of-the-roaders.

Look, it's only going to air in Iowa, and it genuinely represents Paul's personal views.

Congressman Paul as a candidate for federal office has said he believes that the issue of abortion should be returned to the states (which requires overturning Roe v Wade).

But he has also said that personally he is strongly pro-life. And there's no reason, in my opinion, why he should try to downplay his personal views in a state contest (Iowa) where they will be overwhelmingly helpful to him. He isn't changing his position. He is just shifting the emphasis to better communicate to this audience.

If Ron Paul being personally pro-life is an issue for you, this is something that you should make a determined effort to either confront or put aside, because he isn't going to flip flop like Mitt.

scbissler
12-17-2007, 12:30 AM
I thought it was pretty darn good. Here's hoping some Iowans feel the same.

The Good Doctor
12-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah this is good news.

Not only is it something that will be shown in Iowa, but it will be something that can be added to a DVD as something that is "official" from the campaign! :D

AWESOME!

LibertyForAll
12-17-2007, 12:38 AM
One of the things that so many Americans love is that we know what to expect from Ron Paul, unlike the others. He is who he is, and it shows through beautifully in the infomercial. If you watch both parts, part 1 and 2, by the time it gets to the end you hardly remember the first part about abortion. It is targeted to the right, where it should be at this stage in the game. After all he is running on the Republican ticket.
If this gets good air-time, as they say in Texas, it's "Katie Bar The Door"...if I was Huckabee or Romney or McCain right now I would start thinking about getting on board the Freedom Train and hope for a position in the Paul Administration.

coboman
12-17-2007, 12:40 AM
I am pro-choice and I am not offended by the antiabortion remarks.

He speaks about his personal views, about revoking Roe vs Wade (and I think that anyone, pro-choice or pro-life that understands that, is in favor), and about eliminating federal funding for abortions.

That is all very liberal, and does not contradict my pro-choice views in any way.

legion
12-17-2007, 12:45 AM
The abortion issue is VERY BIG in Iowa. It's at the begining of this infomercial to hook them in and then beat them over the head with some ideas they have quite possibly never considered even once in their lives.

This is a very good infomercial for Iowa and for other flyover states, like the one I happen to live in.

damijin
12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
My girlfriend is strongly pro-choice, and I tend to side with her. But we both agree that now is not the time in our nation's history to quibble over the catch-22 conundrum of abortion.

I hope that this ad is highly effective in Iowa.

thisguy
12-17-2007, 12:47 AM

if you truly believe he has a chance to win, then he has to win the republican party

to do so he has to go right in message

in the general he goes middle

same as democrats except they start left and go middle

its all the same game

except in this case, the guy behind the message is actually consistent - its just what part of his message he emphasizes

as for independents and middle of the roaders (being 1) most of us just vote for lesser of two evils

having for once someone we believe in, will trump everything else in the general election

I didnt like the abortion thing in Iowa, but I am not from Iowa nor a republican - if that is what plays to that audience thats who he needs to cater to an emphasize those points to those people. *shrug*

Mahkato
12-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Please Digg the video (http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/NEW_30_Minute_Ron_Paul_Special_Released_Today_DEC_ 16th)!

Cigaboo
12-17-2007, 12:59 AM
My wife and I thought it was fantastic. One thing I would mention is that I would prefer the opening abortion issue be moved somewhat back in the piece but I don't know Iowa Politics so perhaps it is best in that spot for the particular state.

Yeah, it could be an immediate turn-off to some people, and it is a subject of disagreement among some of Ron's supporters.

Has some good information, but some of the edits (crossfades/cuts) seem a bit odd and amateurish.

Santana28
12-17-2007, 01:12 AM
woot woot! they used my idea at the very end :) i told you it was doable!

awesome awesome. i hope this goes national.

AceNZ
12-17-2007, 01:58 AM
If Ron Paul being personally pro-life is an issue for you, this is something that you should make a determined effort to either confront or put aside, because he isn't going to flip flop like Mitt.

No, it's not an issue for me. I share RP's views completely.

Of course with RP's background as an OB, I'm sure it's an issue that's extremely important to him personally. And playing it this way in Iowa is probably exactly the right thing to do.

My concern is that turning this aspect of his campaign into a centerpiece, as opposed to downplaying it somewhat as he has been doing until now, could turn-off some middle-of-the-road or otherwise slightly left-leaning independents, or even potential democrat converts.