PDA

View Full Version : The Definition of a Retrorepublican

retrorepublican
05-19-2007, 06:13 PM
(noun) Those who want to turn back the clock of the Republican Party to its pre-1980 libertarian roots of self-defense, constitutionalism, and shrunken government

The blog: retro-republican.blogspot.com (http://retro-republican.blogspot.com)

Myspace home: myspace.com/retrorepublican (http://myspace.com/retrorepublican)

Great forum btw! I plan on posting here and talking with you guys.

qednick
05-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Welcome retrorepublican, are you really only 16 years old? :)

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
How about pre-1913 ;)

mdh
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Having young'uns around is great (they don't have jobs, and can spend lots of time on political activism!) ;)

retrorepublican
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Welcome retrorepublican, are you really only 16 years old? :)

Yeah, how'd you figure that out?

qednick
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
It's good to see young libertarians. A lot of younger people go to college and turn into (brainwashed by professors) marxist big-government liberals. I for one would be very happy to see the trend changing. ;)

qednick
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah, how'd you figure that out? Is it displayed somewhere lol?

I'm pretty smart aren't I? :p

No, seriously, it's on your myspace page. :D

retrorepublican
05-19-2007, 06:26 PM
It's good to see young libertarians. A lot of younger people go to college and turn into (brainwashed by professors) marxist big-government liberals. I for one would be very happy to see the trend changing. ;)

I was brainwashed by Ayn Rand lol. I can't wait til the movie Atlas Shrugged comes out. Angelina Jolie is gonna be in it. I think that movie has the power to change our country.

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Having young'uns around is great (they don't have jobs, and can spend lots of time on political activism!) ;)

You better believe it.

My nephew is 15 and he spouts Ron Paul to anyone that will listen every
chance he gets.

Hell, I think he would change his name to Ron Paul Jr. if he could. :D

That's what we need though... more ACTIONism.

- Dave

mdh
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I know a lot of young folks getting involved. The political IRC channels I frequent are full of people age 16-21 who support libertarian ideals.

qednick
05-19-2007, 06:33 PM
My wife just bought Atlas Shrugged but hasn't started it yet. I can't wait for the movie. I need new glasses before i can read the book - it's like 5,000 pages with 4pt typeface lol

Do you know when the movie is due out?

retrorepublican
05-19-2007, 06:36 PM
2008, just in time for the elections it looks like...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480239/

Phil M
05-19-2007, 06:46 PM
I was brainwashed by Ayn Rand lol. I can't wait til the movie Atlas Shrugged comes out. Angelina Jolie is gonna be in it. I think that movie has the power to change our country.

Heh. I too am a 16 year old Randroid (not as much as I used to be actually, more of a Milton Friedman guy now). But I'm pissed because I won't be old enough by the time of the primary.

retrorepublican
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Sweet. I just realized a few months ago that I would be old enough lol. I hope I can vote in the primaries. I turn 17 next summer.

Bryan
05-19-2007, 07:17 PM
From his Myspace:

Yeah, that does it! :D

Melchior
05-19-2007, 07:53 PM

I can't wait for the Atlas Shrugged film either. It comes out in 2008. Interestingly, so does Buddha, two films advocating very different, but profound philosophies both. I'll go see both, being both a fan of Ayn Rand (even though I never read any of her books, but I plan too) and a former Buddhist.

By the way, I'm 19 here, nice to meet you retro. ;)