PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Tyvek Banners for Sale on eBay

d'anconia
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
For those of you who are too busy to make ones yourself:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ron+paul+revolution+tyvek+banner&category0=

I'm also considering making some insanely large ones (think 10 ft x 20-30 ft) for anyone who might be interested. It'd probably have to be pick-up only though.

Anyway pass it on, if I see a good response I'll put up a bunch of other listings.

Razmear
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
$29.00 ???
Our meet up group posted em for $5 plus shipping on Ebay, which is about what our cost was.
I'm all for capitalism, but $29 is kinda steep.

see:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330141057880&rd=1&rd=1

for the one that sold for $5. I think we have more around, depending on how many were recovered after the Overnight.

eb

IrrigatedPancake
07-05-2007, 10:19 PM
This is great, I hope more of this picks up, especially with bulk materials and more exotic goods.

d'anconia
07-05-2007, 10:29 PM
$29.00 ???
Our meet up group posted em for $5 plus shipping on Ebay, which is about what our cost was.
I'm all for capitalism, but $29 is kinda steep.

see:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330141057880&rd=1&rd=1

for the one that sold for $5. I think we have more around, depending on how many were recovered after the Overnight.

eb

Damn well I don't even think I'd be able to recover costs at $5/banner. What material did you use? Tyvek for me was ~$140 for 120'x10' of it.

Anyway supply and demand. If the demand isn't there then I'll lower costs until it *is* there. Otherwise I'll just quit making them altogether.

Razmear
07-05-2007, 10:41 PM
We used the 4foot wide Tyvek, not the 10foot, which made life a lot easier.
I wasn't the one who bought all the stuff, but the ones who did figured the cost at about $4 per banner, including grommets and the template.
Painting was done in teams at the meetup and we could make 4 in about 15 minutes, including time for the paint to dry. The cheaper the paint, the faster it dries.

The template was cut out of a sheet of thin 4x8 wallboard which cost about $15 at Lowes.

I hope you can get $29 each for them, but given the price of the other Ron Paul banners out there on Ebay, I don't think it's going to happen.

Best of luck,
eb

Kandilynn
07-05-2007, 10:55 PM
I have a question for you guys. How big are your letters? We bought a roll of Tyvek but our stencils weren't large enough.

Razmear
07-05-2007, 11:07 PM
The letters on ours were about a foot tall.

Check out:
http://www.rescue-us.org/RPRinstruction.htm
For more tips.

The guys who made the stencil, which was one big 4x8 foot piece of wall board, used the Stencil font available at the link above and had it printed by Kinkos on a Banner sheet, then cut out the wall board using the printed banner.
I'd guess if you tell Kinko's to make the letters one foot tall, they can take care of the rest of the printing details. Just remember to have LOVE printed separately so you can print it backwards for the evol part.
Basically just bring Ron Paul R UTION LOVE on disk in Stencil Font to Kinkos or whomever, and cut the banner to fit your wall board then tracethru and cut the wallboard. Use a smaller piece or an unused corner to make the LOVE part.

Hope this helps,
eb

austin356
07-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get Tyvek is?

I never buy anything from the HD or Lowes, etc, cause I always get it for less online. But I know nothing about Tyvek and dont know what is good pricing/is this the right material/etc

Is the best way to get it to just go to the HD?

Razmear
07-05-2007, 11:57 PM

I never buy anything from the HD or Lowes, etc, cause I always get it for less online. But I know nothing about Tyvek and dont know what is good pricing/is this the right material/etc

Lowes or Home Depot are probably your best bet, get the 4 foot wide roll, not the 10foot one.
There are off brands of home wrap made of similar material, but many of them are not white, or have printing on both sides. Tyvek brand only has the logos on one side and is a nice white color.

eb

d'anconia
07-06-2007, 12:59 AM

Tyvek is widely used for home construction in general so maybe if you know someone who is in construction they'd be able to get a discount from buying in bulk. Otherwise I bought my ~120'x10' for some $140.

The more I think about it the more I think it might be a better idea if I specialize in something crazy like 25'x10' since I have the big ass roll anyway. I doubt anyone else is making their that huge. I could make the letters like 3 feet tall or something ridiculous like that.

Plus apparently my pitbull (who is actually very nice) chewed up my linoleum stencil so I have to make a new one anyway.

Good luck to you all, if you have anything to add or more tips just post them on here.

denvervoipguru
07-06-2007, 02:40 AM
What's with the masked out faces??

d'anconia
07-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Well I wasn't in that rally and didn't really ask permission to use the photo so to be safe I decided to blur out their faces. Figured I'd respect people's privacy.

d'anconia
07-10-2007, 12:15 AM
So I was just able to sell 4 for $135 and was wondering if you guys think there'd be a better market for even bigger banners. The one I have now is ~3'x9' so how do you think a 10'x25' one would do? Bigger, perhaps more of a niche market?

duffster
07-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Well I wasn't in that rally and didn't really ask permission to use the photo so to be safe I decided to blur out their faces. Figured I'd respect people's privacy.

Well it makes the photos look like they were taken by members of Al-Qaeda.

:eek:

Lord Xar
07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
So I was just able to sell 4 for $135 and was wondering if you guys think there'd be a better market for even bigger banners. The one I have now is ~3'x9' so how do you think a 10'x25' one would do? Bigger, perhaps more of a niche market?

two things.

1. I need a very big banner to have it pulled behind a airplane - seriously, lets talk on the side about this.

2. Is that you creating those banners on Ebay? I have to tell you. I am not crazy about the design.. of the faces and such. I would to copy his stickers... and perhaps then have a slogan... like.. "Constitutuion is king" or "believe in liberty" or "Restore the republic" etc... something that will make people associate the name with a vision.

d'anconia
07-10-2007, 12:31 AM
two things.

1. I need a very big banner to have it pulled behind a airplane - seriously, lets talk on the side about this.

2. Is that you creating those banners on Ebay? I have to tell you. I am not crazy about the design.. of the faces and such. I would to copy his stickers... and perhaps then have a slogan... like.. "Constitutuion is king" or "believe in liberty" or "Restore the republic" etc... something that will make people associate the name with a vision.

I'm afraid I really don't know that much about making the types of banners that can be pulled behind planes. With that said, what do you mean about the "faces"? I'm not sure you're talking about my banners (mine say Ron Paul Revolution) but which sticker were you thinking about specifically?

Lord Xar
07-10-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm afraid I really don't know that much about making the types of banners that can be pulled behind planes. With that said, what do you mean about the "faces"? I'm not sure you're talking about my banners (mine say Ron Paul Revolution) but which sticker were you thinking about specifically?

oh, sorry.. yeah, you are selling yours for BUY NOW for 25, no including shipping.

You know, I bought another type because they were less expensive and no shipping. I would gather they are not as good quality as yours but I am sure where I place mine, they will be taking down quickly.. so I have to look at the cost/benefit ratio....

you thinking of making other types of banners for ron paul? If you make ones that are different from the revolution ones, perhaps ones that mimic his stickers etc.. then I would have more of an incentive to purchase a couple of yours just to switch it up a bit.

d'anconia
07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
oh, sorry.. yeah, you are selling yours for BUY NOW for 25, no including shipping.

You know, I bought another type because they were less expensive and no shipping. I would gather they are not as good quality as yours but I am sure where I place mine, they will be taking down quickly.. so I have to look at the cost/benefit ratio....

you thinking of making other types of banners for ron paul? If you make ones that are different from the revolution ones, perhaps ones that mimic his stickers etc.. then I would have more of an incentive to purchase a couple of yours just to switch it up a bit.

Well give me an idea of which kinda stickers you are thinking about...

Lord Xar
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
something like this:

http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/a8/40/f770_1.JPG

or

http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a6/51/33b3_1.JPG

what do you think?

d'anconia
07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
something like this:

http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/a8/40/f770_1.JPG

or

http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a6/51/33b3_1.JPG

what do you think?

Well that's definitely doable although having a colored background would be difficult, costly, and a sort of waste of paint but if I left the background white and just used perhaps red and blue for the text and included the star then I think they could look good. Personally I also like the idea of having the website at the bottom so that people at least know where to go for more info regarding our man.

Honestly I'd like to help with the pull-behind plane banner but I just have zero knowledge or expertise in that area. I don't mind making some Tyvek banners designed like those bumper stickers since I need to make a new stencil this weekend anyway but I don't think I'd be able to help you out with the plane banner idea.