PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs Infomercials like Ross Perot

Chester Copperpot
07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey guys was thinking.. with all the media blackout perhaps it would be good for Ron Paul to buy some blocks of time and do some infomercials to get the message out to the American public.. I know it wouldnt be cheap.. but Once people hear his message I think it catches on really well.

Well just my 2 cents.

Akus
07-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, Mike, start the PAC, dig up a million, or two, or ten and go knock yourself out.

Why do you think RP isn't on TV?

Because he has too few of these:

http://uploader.ws/upload/200707/IanMcKellen_3.jpg

JoshLowry
07-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Akus, use, www.photoflock.com for hosting images.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
EXACTLY. We're talking mega bucks here to do what Perot did. Yes, it would be wonderful, but it's only a dream.

Akus
07-05-2007, 06:53 PM
http://www.photoflock.com/display/p468d9271e6faf

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 06:55 PM
He's saying to replace the image in your 1st post with a link to the image on photoflock. Photobucket is also good. That way, you're not taking up space on this server with the graphic.

Wyurm
07-05-2007, 06:55 PM
EXACTLY. We're talking mega bucks here to do what Perot did. Yes, it would be wonderful, but it's only a dream.

Well, Moveon.org does it all the time. If we start a PAC with those who have already donated the max we might be able to at least produce some extra commercials to help out.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Works for me. Why not research it and get it going?

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Perhaps we should contact Perot and ask him to make a difference in the Presidential race.

JoshLowry
07-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Like this: http://www.photoflock.com/get/p468d9271e6faf/k468d9476b9b2f.jpg

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
If Perot recieves a ton of people asking for his support of Paul, his ego might tell him to do it.

Electric Church
07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
As time goes on more people hear his message, he'll get more donations to the campaign so they will be able to afford adds. In the mean time, keep sending as much as you can directly to the campaign

wecandoit
07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
the networks eventually stopped selling Perot the time to run his infomercials, I remember he was hopping mad about it.

Money is the first hurdle, the networks actually selling him the time is the next equally big hurdle.

But I love the idea. 15 or 30 minute spots on broadcast over the air, nation wide TV would erase the name recognition problem. Ron Paul would be an overnight sensation.

As big a hurdle as raising the money would be though, I think ABC,NBC and CBS selling time for an infomercial to someone wanting to get rid of the Fed and the IRS is even a bigger one.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 07:06 PM
If Perot recieves a ton of people asking for his support of Paul, his ego might tell him to do it.

I voted for Perot, but didn't he make most of his money off of government largesse?

RonPaul4President
07-05-2007, 07:08 PM
...OR THIS:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5821/ianmckellen3zw6.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ianmckellen3zw6.jpg)

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I voted for Perot, but didn't he make most of his money off of government largesse?

Yeh, but he is eccentric, and obviously wants to leave his marks on this world before he dies.
What better way to flip off the powers that be than to support Paul.

I just don't know the best way to organize an effort to get his attention.

anewvoice
07-05-2007, 07:09 PM
It doesn't have to be overly expensive. Networks always have open advertising slots (even in primetime). Simple ad campaigns or large ones can take advantage of this without the massive expense.

www.spotrunner.com

I put together a sample campaign which over a 4 week period had a focus of early evening slots on history/sci-fi/comedy central which gave me ~100 slots in the 4 weeks for $1,000.

No I don't have 1k, but that's not a horrible price.

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
It doesn't have to be overly expensive. Networks always have open advertising slots (even in primetime). Simple ad campaigns or large ones can take advantage of this without the massive expense.

www.spotrunner.com

I put together a sample campaign which over a 4 week period had a focus of early evening slots on history/sci-fi/comedy central which gave me ~100 slots in the 4 weeks for $1,000.

No I don't have 1k, but that's not a horrible price.

yeh, but in how many markets? i know that isn't the price for a nation-wide infomercial.

Chester Copperpot
07-05-2007, 07:13 PM

How do we contact him?

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:14 PM
How do we contact him?

Good question. maybe google knows?

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Found this much on his business...
Ross Perot
Chairman Emeritus
Perot Systems Corp
747 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10017-2803
http://www.ps.net/

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
media contact for his company:
Global Media Contacts
NORTH AMERICA
Joe McNamara
Director, Corporate Communications
Phone: +1 972 577 6165
Joe.McNamara@ps.net

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 07:21 PM
you can pay to get his info here: http://www.contactvip.com/
i'm broke... so- i can't get it.

fedup100
07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
You guys are so wrong about this t.v. thing...I have been posting a link a month about doing what Perot did and all you can hear is we can't do it. That's bull feathers.

First off DO NOT GO TO THE BIG 3 !!!! you put it on the little channels that Mr. and Mrs America watch.....all hours of the day. save the big three for close to the election. Then let an organization like the league of internet voters buy the time.

People right here on this forum could put together an 1/2 hour and a 1 hour infomercial and then test market it with a unique website or and 800 # would be better. Put into your biggest city markets like NY and LA and Chicago, buy $10000.00 of spots and watch it take off.

There is no way he will make it the way we are going....he absolutely must reach the people Sean Hannity is hoping never hear him.

I hope it would be put together with pizazz, pointers charts, personality....throw in something controversial and let it rip. Please don't let Dr Paul drone on and on, it has to have snap and one of a kind sound bites.

Let it be real, let it tell the story of why are you, Americans not allowed to hear or see this man on the main stream media. Show the tickers that he won the debates, ask the hard questions of the American people, like are we truly free to vote for the best person for the office of the presidency.

These need to be rolling now, not a month before the election....we have time now, we need to make the most of it.

Now the big ones may block you, but not the little ones like A&E, the Comedy channel, Oxygen, why not for free on local pbs, they will let you put anything on there.

Face it, the brain dead vote and the brain dead are watching A&E.

Lord Xar
07-05-2007, 08:36 PM
would be nice if Perot supported Ron Paul

wecandoit
07-05-2007, 08:47 PM
You guys are so wrong about this t.v. thing...I have been posting a link a month about doing what Perot did and all you can hear is we can't do it. That's bull feathers.

First off DO NOT GO TO THE BIG 3 !!!! you put it on the little channels that Mr. and Mrs America watch.....all hours of the day. save the big three for close to the election. Then let an organization like the league of internet voters buy the time.

People right here on this forum could put together an 1/2 hour and a 1 hour infomercial and then test market it with a unique website or and 800 # would be better. Put into your biggest city markets like NY and LA and Chicago, buy $10000.00 of spots and watch it take off.

There is no way he will make it the way we are going....he absolutely must reach the people Sean Hannity is hoping never hear him.

I hope it would be put together with pizazz, pointers charts, personality....throw in something controversial and let it rip. Please don't let Dr Paul drone on and on, it has to have snap and one of a kind sound bites.

Let it be real, let it tell the story of why are you, Americans not allowed to hear or see this man on the main stream media. Show the tickers that he won the debates, ask the hard questions of the American people, like are we truly free to vote for the best person for the office of the presidency.

These need to be rolling now, not a month before the election....we have time now, we need to make the most of it.

Now the big ones may block you, but not the little ones like A&E, the Comedy channel, Oxygen, why not for free on local pbs, they will let you put anything on there.

Face it, the brain dead vote and the brain dead are watching A&E.

I agree with you, if things stay as they are, we aren't going to reach enough people. The message will win this thing for us, the only obstacle is getting the message out.

Cable would be good, but not nearly as good as over the air broadcast on the big 3, I know that is way more money than we have now, but maybe that would change on down the line.

Say in 4 months from now, if he has 6-8 million on hand, and is still a virtual unknown because of the same type media treatment he's getting now, it might really be worth it.

He could spend 4 million on it, broadcast into every home and generate enough support that he could make the 4 million back in weeks.

This idea is one of two things that I see getting this thing turned around. The other thing is winning Iowa or NH or both. Broadcasting into every home the message that has swept the internet, OR winning the early primaries, and the MSM will be forced to cover Paul, and there is almost no way they can cover it without it being positive.

After Paul infomercials are aired, the MSM can't get away with ignoring him, or saying he is fringe without being exposed as liars.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 09:17 PM
There are a lot of smaller niche channels that would be substantially cheaper, that would still reach a lot of people. For example, the Oxygen channel. A lot of women watch that channel and we sorely need to bring women on board.

Hey... are there any rules against running campaign videos on local Access Channels? Anyone know? If there's not, we should all be doing this right now. If we could get a good high-res version of his speech in Iowa, this would be great to put on there.

coboman
11-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Someone must take this idea seriously and run with it.

1) Ron Paul's ideas take time to explain and digest, 60 second TV spots are not useful here.
2) Infomercials can be seen by anyone with a TV.
3) It can include testimonials of people like you, with a great story to tell.
4) It can reach the people that currently know only about the candidates through MSM.
5) An infomercial can ask for contributions on the spot, making it easy to measure its effectiveness, and also help to make it pay for itself.
6) People can donate via telephone (which would reach a larger amount of people than the internet)