PDA

View Full Version : The Petition

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Sign it, then once it's got about 500 signatures, print it out and take it with you to events where you promote Ron Paul. Be sure to make extra copies of a lined form for people to sign!

The signatures themselves will be the proof we need to show people unsure of supporting Dr Paul that they won't be alone and they won't be wasting their effort!

The whole "he doesn't stand a chance" and "I'll vote the lesser of two evils" arguments won't stand to evidence of that support and that Dr Paul is from one of the two main parties.

Without further ado:

The Petition!! (http://www.petitiononline.com/Paul1776/petition.html) :D

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 06:16 PM
WTH, people?! 33 thread views and only three signatures?

:p

Noodles
07-05-2007, 07:16 PM
bump

Roxi
07-05-2007, 07:37 PM
signed also adding to myspace bulletin

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Signed.

Good work, friend. :)

nayjevin
07-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Great move, nicely written, nicely done.

Bump

BTW, my browser/security settings don't allow me to view the signatories. At some point, would someone post them? Not until it's substantial, tho.

Bump!

khorbis
07-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Good effort. Seriously, I do not doubt in the least your devotion to Ron Paul. Maybe though, you're a little TOO loyal. What I mean is this; the entire petition comes across as Ron Paul loyalists being composed of belligerent, conspiracy-crazed usurpers (which might be true in some cases, heh), rather than the thoughtful, peaceful, and "passively" angry troupe that Ron Paul would like us to be. *laughs* It's hard to stomach, I know, but, in all honesty, this petition of yours is going to frighten people. "Them crazy revolutionares tryin' ta cause ruckus agan."

I LOVE the idea though. I know you put a lot of work into it, but I suggest, with all respects, to change the entire tone of the petition. It WOULD be QUITE convenient to be able to SHOW people the level of support Ron Paul has mustered. "No really folks, just look at this petition signed by (insert number of people)." I wouldn't limit the number to 500 signatures either, but with as many as you can possibly get. Now THAT would something to impress people. "Oh, so you don't know who Ron Paul is? All these people sure seem to know him. *unroll HUGE petition signed by tens of thousands of people*"
Who would possibly ignore figures like THOSE?

Think about it.

- c0liN

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 08:19 PM
500 hundred would just be to get the foot in the door for the physical signature you seek.

if you can get them that far, you've done tons for that reluctant person as it is

remember, folks, this whole petition is more a psychological device to get people to say, "Wow, he was way more support than I thought!"

besides, you can edit out the addendum all you want. just don't edit the main body of the petition.

and what conspiracy theories are you talking about? you mean NAU? lou dobbs reported that a provision for NAU was in the immigration bill somewhere around section 417 of whatever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1UQMd7VMw). it's right at 1:53

it's not a conspiracy if it's appearing in federal legislation, dork. :rolleyes:

angrydragon
07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I don't know if online petitions are effective, but I signed it.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 08:25 PM
It was section 413 and it was about the SPP. A lot of people have a hard time connecting the SPP and the NAU still.

nayjevin
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
don't worry foo fighter, what you're doing, and the reason for it, is sound. some people i don't think have read all the relevant threads, and don't realize why you're doing it.

richard1984
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
check

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Here ya go, buddy... It was Section 413 (http://www.heritage.org/research/immigration/im62007.cfm?page=130).

Wow... I must be some real kooky nutjob! :rolleyes:

rg123
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
done

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
It was section 413 and it was about the SPP. A lot of people have a hard time connecting the SPP and the NAU still.

Damn you :p I found it, but I had to dig. :D

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 08:32 PM
don't worry foo fighter, what you're doing, and the reason for it, is sound. some people i don't think have read all the relevant threads, and don't realize why you're doing it.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

And you are right. Context helps. :D

wbbgjr
07-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I understand your intent, but I'm not going to sign it because I think the tone is overly hostile. I think if we are to be a mainstream campaign, then the tone needs to be softened.

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 08:40 PM
What's wrong with being angry towards the government?

You'd get mad if someone stole your bike...Especially if that person aserted it was their right to take it.

They government has usurped powers they don't have and weren't given.

Also, they work for you and aren't doing their job right. Doesn't your boss get a little miffed but calmly explain how to do the job when you aren't doing it right?

Only this time, we are the employer.

Get angry people! But be nice! ;)

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow you posted that fast. It's always good to sit on an idea a bit. I haven't read this whole thread yet so sorry if I repeat. I think in the petition it said something like "repeal the abuses of the patriot act" when maybe it should just say "repeal the patriot act"?. I saw that some people were giving you their feedback, so that's good. Great effort so far though, but remember there's no need to rush things. My 2 cents :)

nayjevin
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
but remember there's no need to rush things

This may be good advice. Perhaps this will be a good test run? Some people's reluctance even here, among like minds, could reflect our ability to gain signatures out there.

Perhaps the easiest petition to get signatures for would be something like, "I pledge to vote for the candidate who represents my ideals as an American, as opposed to that candidate which is presented to me as having the best chance to win."

Now, to balance ease of gaining signatures vs. substance of petition. What's the ultimate goal?

If it is truly just a psychological boost petition to sway fence sitters who are blinded by the 'lesser of two evils' argument, then perhaps substance can be sacrificed.

I say all this, while thinking that your petition is one of the better written pieces I have seen through this forum. So waddya think?

foofighter20x
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
You are right. Substance is not key, numbers are. But substance must still be a part of the bait! You won't catch them all with just a few lemmings.

I will admit I have a rough and ready, sometimes abrasive personality. Can't help it, though I try. Guess it even gets refelcted in my writing. :D But, it is true that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

ecliptic
07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Signed it! Loved it! Totally agree with it! Forwarded to my liberal democrat family - this should be interesting...