PDA

View Full Version : December 23rd Meet the Press

VRP08
12-16-2007, 10:18 PM
What do you think it will go like? What do you think Russert will ask RP? What will he avoid to ask?

Richandler
12-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Wait is this for real. I love sources. I'm a source king. If this is true then this should blast us to $19 Million!

Publius
12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
yes, its the real deal. Transcript is on the Meet the Press website.

BiPolarBear
12-16-2007, 11:12 PM
yes, its the real deal. Transcript is on the Meet the Press website.

Where? I didn't see any mention of Paul's name anywhere on the site... :confused:

Publius
12-16-2007, 11:23 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22273924/page/7/

(at the bottom)

MR. RUSSERT: Thanks, governor.

As part of our Meet the Candidates 2008 series, we've invited candidates running for president to appear here for an in-depth interview. Next Sunday Republican candidate Congressman Ron Paul will be here. That's next Sunday, Ron Paul, right here on MEET THE PRESS.

We're also archiving the transcripts and videos of the entire series on our Web site, mtp.msnbc.com, so voters can review the candidates' positions through the campaign. And we'll be right back.

(Announcements)

MR. RUSSERT: If it's Sunday, it's MEET THE PRESS. Go Bills, beat those Browns.

brianbb98
12-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Thats our Christmas present from MTP.

VRP08
12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
opps...I thought you guys knew.

FireofLiberty
12-16-2007, 11:43 PM
The interview will be rough. Russert gives TOUGH interviews and asks TOUGH questions. He'll try and set you up. He can make or break you. Ron is HAS TO prepare for this interview in advance. He needs someone from the campaign to coach him, formulate his answers to the kinds of questions Ron might get asked and even simulate the interview with him, playing as Russert asking him the toughest questions possible and trying to trap him and set him up at every turn.

cindy25
12-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Russert is tough but fair. and he has a libertarian streak (in his book he mentioned how his family would smuggle fireworks from Canada to nanny state New York)

and there is no such thing as a Ron Paul flipflop.

he can expect the Rosa Parks question, or the Terry Shivo question.

its not going to be a picnic but this is the big leagues. this is what we all should have been hoping for.

VRP08
12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
I can't wait!!! I know Dr. Paul is going to do AMAZING AMAZING, as always!

BiPolarBear
12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22273924/page/7/

(at the bottom)

Thanks! I never would have found that. I noticed you don't find his name anywhere on the list of upcoming candidates...How odd. :rolleyes:

VRP08
12-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks! I never would have found that. I noticed you don't find his name anywhere on the list of upcoming candidates...How odd. :rolleyes:

Isn't it?

user
12-17-2007, 01:01 AM
This could be tough, but it was going to have to happen sometime anyway. Things like the newsletter and the medals can be explained, but what inconsistencies are there to pick on? Maybe that federal abortion law? If that's about it I think we could be in good shape.

Dsteenbock
12-17-2007, 01:06 AM
I didn't watch It earlier when he had Flip Flopney on. Did Flipper look like a fool? Or did he actually manage to pull It off? Anyone know?

VRP08
12-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Was it where he was crying or something??? LOL

Paulitician
12-17-2007, 01:15 AM
w00t! Can't wait. This will be good. The interview I predict will have some tough questions but I think it will be more policy talk than anything.

tmg19103
12-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Russert will go after past statements about eliminating the FBI and so many departments, but RP will have answers for this. The question is, will Soccer Mom and Corporate Dad buy into the message or will they tune RP out?

The key will be how RP responds. He has to give good reasons for eliminating so much and how there are good alternatives - and how it is best for America and the American people. He is great with Social Security and how his plan will allow young people to opt out while protecting older people. He needs good responses along those lines when he is asked about eliminating the Dept. of Homeland Security. Your average dult voter would be shocked to hear such a thing, and RP needs to explain how it is too bloated (use FEMA under DHS in New Orleans as an example) and why his plan of putting it with the military makes more sense.

CLEAR, sensible explanations are needed for all this. Also, when he is asked about the ghostwriter on racial remarks, he needs to refer to how the New York Times and Houston Chronicle do not believe it was him as it is so inconsistent with his record and who he really is.

Otherwise, RP needs to get positive message points into his responses. Russert had Rudy TOTALLY on the defensive. Mitt, while he got burnt some, was able to turn many questions on negative things into a positive. Russert will be in polite attack mode as he has been with all candidates. RP won't get softballs. Clear answers with sensible explanations WHILE spinning the negative questions into what he has done or will do along those lines that are POSITIVE and make sense to the average American - without being a sellout, which RP would never do.

mkrfctr
12-17-2007, 02:26 AM
well he managed to waste a lot of time on teh view with a poor response to the abortion issue instead of giving his answer and moving on ... so lets hope he sticks to his talking points and beliefs rather than trying a round about method of showing why he believes what he believes ...

Harry96
12-17-2007, 03:13 AM
From Lew Rockwell:

NBC's Tim Russert, Mr. Establishment, is induced by the rEVOLution's correlation of forces to invite Ron Paul on Meet the Press next Sunday, way out of his planned order. In fact, he thought he would never have to ask Ron. After he aided the "top-tier," there would be no more Ron Paul candidacy.

Mr. Russert and friends may think they can put the kaibosh on Ron with a tough, indepth, hour-long interview. Sure you can, boys. In fact, historians will look back on the December 23rd Meet the Press as a moment when the unstoppable nature of Ron's coming victory became obvious.

Ron is smarter, more thoughtful, more learned, and more principled than anyone Mr. Russert has encountered in politics. Get ready for the fun.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Russert is tough but fair. and he has a libertarian streak (in his book he mentioned how his family would smuggle fireworks from Canada to nanny state New York)

and there is no such thing as a Ron Paul flipflop.

he can expect the Rosa Parks question, or the Terry Shivo question.

its not going to be a picnic but this is the big leagues. this is what we all should have been hoping for.

Agreed, plus, he lets the person answer the questions. I watched the Rudy interview and saw that he gave him ample, ample time to try to justify his mistakes and flip flops.

If he acts like O'Reilly, it won't be good.

If he acts professional, it will be excellent.

rasheedwallace
12-17-2007, 03:17 AM
w00t!

Joe3113
12-17-2007, 03:25 AM
This WILL be the toughest interview Ron has faced. Russert WILL pull out the every single thing that, on the face of it will make Ron look bad. He'll definetly bring up the newsletter, the Rosa Parks thing and other times where he has voted against things alone.

Ron can counter ANYTHING but when he does, he needs to do so clearly and confidently, without stuttering. The campaign and Ron needs to think about how he will answer these things in a sound byte form that will make him look good.

THE MOST IMPRTANT THING IS THAT RON GETS ALOT OF REST BEFORE THE INTERVIEW, SO HE IS ABSOLUTELY AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME.

HE HAS TO HIT THIS INTERVIEW OUT OF THE PARK.

bootstrap
12-17-2007, 07:48 AM
The other candidates know RP has incredibly dedicated (to fanatically dedicated) supporters, and they all want that too. And the last debate showed they do not believe the scumbag-liar-press, because they are trying to copy RP positions.

I assume everyone is seeing this.

What Ron Paul needs to say, from now on, and most importantly in this MTP interview, is all those lines about how UTTERLY and COMPLETELY consistent he has been for 30+ years. You know what I mean, "never voting to raise taxes", "never voting to spend on any wasteful program", "never voting for programs the government should not be involved in", and so on infinitum.

Why? Because these bastard liar scumbag candidates will and ARE saying anything they believe the voters want to hear. They have ZERO intention to do anything they promise.

What people MUST KNOW about Ron Paul --- or they will *not* vote for him over the other candidates --- is that Ron Paul absolutely positively is saying exactly what he means, and what he intends to do. Period.

THIS single point is what will decide whether the masses of [normal, uninvoled] people vote for Ron Paul or not. If they know he is the one and only honest person they have ever seen running for office --- they'll vote for him whether they agree with him or not.

Ron Paul --- you must makes this totally clear on Russert, and from now on.

This is the only way to distinguish from the pack. Period. Because they will say what you say if they see that works - and suck away your votes from people who do not spend hours/days/weeks learning the truth --- that only you tell the truth.

Ridiculous
12-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Stressing a 30 year record of consistency is very important.

Also he should stress that he has been in congress longer than any other candidate (ten terms), and that he is on the U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs. So that people who are unfamiliar with him can't question his experience.