PDA

View Full Version : Take heart, Ron Paul! A new poll shows 9 in 10 Americans believe the Constitution

angrydragon
07-05-2007, 05:15 PM
http://thegate.nationaljournal.com/2007/07/poll_track_a_strong_constituti_1.php

July 05, 2007
Poll Track: A Strong Constitution

Take heart, Ron Paul! A new Zogby poll shows nine in 10 Americans believe the U.S. Constitution is still relevant in today's world, and most believe the Founding Fathers would frown upon recent attempts to clamp down on civil liberties, from driving without a seat belt to smoking marijuana.

The nationwide poll conducted to coincide with the Independence Day holiday reveals an American public strongly in favor of states' rights on issues like abortion and drug policy and distrustful of government attempts to regulate Internet usage and certain types of speech. That may explain why Paul, the libertarian Texas congressman vying for the Republican nomination for president on a platform of strictly small government, has such a vocal if tiny base of support.

On the flip side, Michael Bloomberg -- who many speculate is considering an independent White House bid -- should note that less than a quarter of respondents think George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and company would be pleased with his initiatives to ban indoor smoking and eliminate trans fats in New York City.

kalami
07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I highly doubt 9 out of 10 Americans have even read the constitution. I also doubt that many people even know what liberty is or can make an argument in support of it. I suspect that many people believe in the constitution to the extent that it's some mythical document that deserves adoration.

lucius
07-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I highly doubt 9 out of 10 Americans have even read the constitution. I also doubt that many people even know what liberty is or can make an argument in support of it. I suspect that many people believe in the constitution to the extent that it's some mythical document that deserves adoration.

Sadly, I agree.

richard1984
07-05-2007, 05:22 PM

Agreed.
Man...our "education system" sucks--like, really bad. Damn....

angrydragon
07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I think so too, perhaps they only believe in the Constitution in name only.

Wyurm
07-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Agreed.
Man...our "education system" sucks--like, really bad. Damn....

Perhaps we should pass out copies of the constitution. I think there should be one in every house. If people knew what it said, they would know when their rights were being taken away.

UtahApocalypse
07-05-2007, 05:26 PM
They like the word Constitution, However I doubt really know what it is about and truly means.

lucius
07-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Perhaps we should pass out copies of the constitution. I think there should be one in every house. If people knew what it said, they would know when their rights were being taken away.

I pass out Citzens Rule Books, but most do not like to read. Know of any teevee for an already made Youtube or DVD on Citizens Rule Book stuff, i.e. Jurors’ Handbook, basic American founding ideals, Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights etc…?

quickmike
07-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Most people support the constitution, as long as it is the part that is in line with their beliefs.......... besides that, they couldnt care less.

quickmike
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM

awesome idea

anyone know where to get cheap pocket constitutions for say a buck if you buy bulk?

lucius
07-05-2007, 05:43 PM
awesome idea

anyone know where to get cheap pocket constitutions for say a buck if you buy bulk?

http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/ciru.html

quickmike
07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
found some pocket constitutions at the cato site for 1.50 if you buy 500............ a little more than I need, but maybe there are other places that sell them cheper.

quickmike
07-05-2007, 05:46 PM
http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/ciru.html

nice............ im gonna buy 100 and hand them out to people with the RP flyer when I go door to door.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 06:15 PM
nice............ im gonna buy 100 and hand them out to people with the RP flyer when I go door to door.

Mike, this is a much better deal and they look great. If you order 100 or more, the Pocket Constitutions are 50 cents each.

http://www.nccs.net/us_constitution.html

Swmorgan77
07-05-2007, 06:24 PM
http://thegate.nationaljournal.com/2007/07/poll_track_a_strong_constituti_1.php

July 05, 2007
Poll Track: A Strong Constitution

Take heart, Ron Paul! A new Zogby poll shows nine in 10 Americans believe the U.S. Constitution is still relevant in today's world, and most believe the Founding Fathers would frown upon recent attempts to clamp down on civil liberties, from driving without a seat belt to smoking marijuana.

The nationwide poll conducted to coincide with the Independence Day holiday reveals an American public strongly in favor of states' rights on issues like abortion and drug policy and distrustful of government attempts to regulate Internet usage and certain types of speech. That may explain why Paul, the libertarian Texas congressman vying for the Republican nomination for president on a platform of strictly small government, has such a vocal if tiny base of support.

On the flip side, Michael Bloomberg -- who many speculate is considering an independent White House bid -- should note that less than a quarter of respondents think George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and company would be pleased with his initiatives to ban indoor smoking and eliminate trans fats in New York City.

NICE!

So basically EXPOSURE is our only obstacle, we already know we will win in an open debate of ideas.

Roxi
07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
yesterday when we were passing out flyers at the fireworks thing one of the guys from our group had yelled out "protect the constitution" and this lady walking by got really mad and yelled back why don't you freaks read the constitution (the guy had dreads and tats)
so i said "we have a copy of it right here" and the other guy was like what because i look a certain way i MUST not have read the constitution

she shut up and kept walking :)
this country is full of bigots

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 07:10 PM
yesterday when we were passing out flyers at the fireworks thing one of the guys from our group had yelled out "protect the constitution" and this lady walking by got really mad and yelled back why don't you freaks read the constitution (the guy had dreads and tats)
so i said "we have a copy of it right here" and the other guy was like what because i look a certain way i MUST not have read the constitution

she shut up and kept walking :)
this country is full of bigots

Unfortunately, with a lot of people, the message is going to go over a lot better if people are clean-cut and well-dressed. I don't like it either, but we already know how many people actually vote for a candidate based on their hair, or how they dress.

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 07:31 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5683 :p

angrydragon
07-05-2007, 07:34 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5683 :p

Oh oops. =)

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh oops. =)

No big deal. I think everbody's getting used to duplicate postings by now. :)

Besides, both of these threads seem to have moved in interesting directions and provoked good discussion. That's the important thing. http://ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Kuldebar
07-05-2007, 07:46 PM
NEWSFLASH:

9 out of 10 Americans believe that Iraq and Saddam Hussein were directly involved inn the September 11th attacks!

9 out of 10 Americans have trouble finding Europe on a map!

OK I made these "facts" up, but 9 out 10 Americans believe in made up "facts" -so it's fitting.

:/