PDA

View Full Version : Should we have another Moneybomb, and if so, when?

Lacrosseus
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
What do you think, are money bombs worth the effort and if so, when should the next grassroots effort supported moneybomb take place?

nist7
12-16-2007, 10:12 PM
July 4th, 2008

brumans
12-16-2007, 10:12 PM
No more money bombs

AggieforPaul
12-16-2007, 10:15 PM
My vote is for January 22, the 35th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Its about the same distance from today, as today was from the 5th. And it will help us win with social conservatives in the early primary states.

Zero Ice
12-16-2007, 10:16 PM
President's Day. Feb 22.

brandon
12-16-2007, 10:17 PM
no more money bombs. Just donate when you can.

daniroyer
12-16-2007, 10:21 PM

I agree. With the holidays and the first caucuses/primaries basically already here, we don't have time to save up enough money to make an impact -- nor do we have any time to spare.

Donate when you can. Focus on you local efforts. Put hours in at your local campaign office. Supply the water or hot cocoa for your rally.

fireinme
12-16-2007, 10:21 PM
We need to start supporting the grassroots effort, we now have the money we need to get out and start getting the voters. we have a solid foundation but we need to start building it up. We need to get the videos of Ron Paul talking out there like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNWHmiGj-k). Build the grassroots up and we will have the help from the top thanks to all the $ coming in.

No we should not have another money bomb.

Politeia
12-16-2007, 10:28 PM
You caffeinated types need to learn to take a few minutes off now and then. This kind of idea can be overdone very easily, as was done in the last week of November, when some of the hotshots got the idea that they could just yell Moneybomb!!! and gold coins would fall out of the sky on cue. I was afraid that push, and the blimp, would deflate today, and I believe they have, though thankfully not enough to make it a failure -- just not the real blockbuster I was hoping for.

There might be room for one more moneybomb in this election year, but not until we've seen what all this money is going to buy us. We need some tangible results now. $6 million in one day (it's looking like) will definitely get some media attention, right when it's needed -- but that won't have much lasting power.

The real question is, will the advertising this money will buy really bring a large number of Republican voters for RP in the early states? That remains to be seen. If it doesn't -- there may indeed be a finite maximum of possible RP voters regardless of how much advertising is done -- then no amount of money is going to make much difference, and planning (and publicizing) another money bomb isn't going to do anything but waste resources that might be better used elsewhere. Of course, what to do in that case will be a real question that will require all our creative resources.

Anyway, give it a rest, till after Iowa and New Hampshire at least.

eok321
12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
No..get out and vote/convert/talk and convince other voters. the campaign have what they need for commercials....give when you can...we own this whole freaking show!

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 12:45 AM
President's Day. Feb 22.

A bit late in the quarter to help the campaign?

Craig_R
12-17-2007, 12:53 AM
theres already one scheduled for presidents day

Delain
12-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Voted: "No, Moneybombs no longer needed... let's find another way to raise money and attention."

all4one
12-17-2007, 12:56 AM
My vote is for January 22, the 35th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Its about the same distance from today, as today was from the 5th. And it will help us win with social conservatives in the early primary states.

Actually... I'm all for another push on Roe V Wade day...

burningfur
12-17-2007, 12:58 AM
It's gonna now be all about the primaries...

Iowa and New Hampshire that is what everyone is watching.

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 12:59 AM
If you do one do it after new year!!!!1

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 12:59 AM
You caffeinated types need to learn to take a few minutes off now and then. This kind of idea can be overdone very easily, as was done in the last week of November, when some of the hotshots got the idea that they could just yell Moneybomb!!! and gold coins would fall out of the sky on cue. I was afraid that push, and the blimp, would deflate today, and I believe they have, though thankfully not enough to make it a failure -- just not the real blockbuster I was hoping for.

There might be room for one more moneybomb in this election year, but not until we've seen what all this money is going to buy us. We need some tangible results now. $6 million in one day (it's looking like) will definitely get some media attention, right when it's needed -- but that won't have much lasting power.

The real question is, will the advertising this money will buy really bring a large number of Republican voters for RP in the early states? That remains to be seen. If it doesn't -- there may indeed be a finite maximum of possible RP voters regardless of how much advertising is done -- then no amount of money is going to make much difference, and planning (and publicizing) another money bomb isn't going to do anything but waste resources that might be better used elsewhere. Of course, what to do in that case will be a real question that will require all our creative resources.

Anyway, give it a rest, till after Iowa and New Hampshire at least.

Good post, go knock on some doors people

fletcher
12-17-2007, 01:00 AM
No more.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 01:04 AM
No..get out and vote/convert/talk and convince other voters. the campaign have what they need for commercials....give when you can...we own this whole freaking show!

It seems that different groups are pursuing their own methods for promoting Ron Paul. Some people prefer to get out the vote and others to promote the 'moneybombs.' You do not believe there is room for both avenues?

I can see going against the moneybomb route because of the risk that it would lose support and fail miserably -- and hurt the campaign. I have my doubts that the situation next quarter, really allows a good date for a moneybomb because of all the primaries early in the quarter and I could see avoiding it because of this. Not sure I understand the reasoning behind your reason for not having another so I hope you respond to this message and elaborate.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 01:04 AM
NO!!!

Thats stupid. What point would another moneybomb serve? Seriously?

Before you people go around screaming "Moneybomb! Moneybomb! Moneybomb!" I want to hear you say WHY!

We have tons of money. And people won't be able to give a lot for two to three more weeks minimum, not that we are in critical need of money for the official campaign right now anyway.

What we DO need to do is put our money that we have left into the blimp, other grassroots projects, and our own individual efforts such as buying signs to put out and materials to give to people to encourage them to vote for Paul.

More moneybombs will do nothing for us. If the ground is already blown up, why drop another bomb?:rolleyes:

Edit: Oh, and Roe vs. Wade? Are you for real? Why would we rake in money on a day we object to? We raised tons of money on Guy Fawkes day and the BTP anniversary because those people were freedom fighters we agree with, because they fought to stop government tyranny. So what point would we be making with Roe vs. Wade, that we think it was a great ruling we need to support? Get real people, and start thinking some.

LibertyForAll
12-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Give it some time to see how it plays out in Iowa and New Hampshire....then we can decide if another moneybomb is needed...right now it's premature....in the meantime we can all focus on other ways to promote the campaign...working on getting the message out even more would be a good focus right now...the money is taken care of for the time being.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 01:06 AM
theres already one scheduled for presidents day

I have heard about several -- 12/31 and 1/1 and another -- possibly the president's day date. One reason I thought a poll would be a good idea. If the grassroots wants to do this again -- we should pick ONE from the above, or a new one, and support that as a group.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Give it some time to see how it plays out in Iowa and New Hampshire....then we can decide if another moneybomb is needed...right now it's premature....in the meantime we can all focus on other ways to promote the campaign...working on getting the message out even more would be a good focus right now...the money is taken care of for the time being.

Ok, but what about the Feb 5 primaries... Dies the campaign have the money that will be needed to campaign effectively in these states?

If not, and the campaign needs new money sooner than later so they can better plan, then would a money bomb in the first half of January be of value to pump the system with money -- even if we are not trying to make news with a big money day?

silus
12-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Roe vs. Wade is the worst idea. You dont create a fundraiser based on such a divisive and non-central idea. This is about America, not about the merits of abortion.

We need to take this momentum, continue to grow, allow people to recover financially, allow time for more people to come aboard, and THEN set up another fundraiser. But I would suggest at least one month.

And now I will announce my strong suggestion that the next fundraising event be scheduled Feb. 1st.

President Harry Truman signs the bill proclaiming February 1 as National Freedom Day, June 30, 1948

This is a no brainer!!!

Malakai0
12-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Sittin pretty for the primaries I think. Let's take a breather on the money bombs, and focus on other attention getting grassroots initiatives.

Double up our work on canvassing, make sure you talk to everyone you know IRL about the situation with the US and the last chance we have with Ron Paul.

We got money, let's work on the votes part of the equation.

trueg
12-17-2007, 01:29 AM
No more moneybombs. They have been done to death. It's time to find other ways to be creative.:D

kojirodensetsu
12-17-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm not sure if we really need another money bomb. I think getting the message out and hitting the streets is more important now that he has all this money in the bank. But if we do have another money bomb I agree with silus. Not only is February 1st enough time to get the event organized, but it's FREEDOM DAY. How is that not perfect? If we have another money bomb I vote Feb 1st.

Perry
12-17-2007, 01:45 AM
I think people are too exhausted to answer this question.

saahmed
12-17-2007, 01:47 AM
No. Focus your attention on getting out the vote and other grassroots efforts such as this: operationnh.com (http://www.operationnh.com).

Andrew-Austin
12-17-2007, 01:48 AM
After the national advertisements take effect, is when we should. Not even soon afterwords... aways afterwords..

Mckarnin
12-17-2007, 01:48 AM
What do you think, are money bombs worth the effort and if so, when should the next grassroots effort supported moneybomb take place?

Ron Paul R[evol]ution-Love of Liberty Valentines Money bomb.

gold standard
12-17-2007, 06:50 AM
If they go on Jan 1 are they going to call it a New Years's revolution? It has kind of a ring to it. I would let donations flow in for a few days before promoting anything.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Ron Paul R[evol]ution-Love of Liberty Valentines Money bomb.

Do you blimp people ever sleep?

pickfair
12-17-2007, 06:56 AM
There's already a site up for the New Year's Eve bomb. You don't have to participate, but I'm definitely donating. I was a first time donor for the Tea Party and you gotta give us newbies a chance!! ;)

AlexK
12-17-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm for the New Year's money bomb. It makes sense to push this quarter's fundraising as high as we can.

Mithridates
12-17-2007, 06:59 AM
It's important to remember that the campaign is always receiving new blood, and that there is no fixed number of people to draw from when having a money bomb.

Or to look at it another way, imagine that up until yesterday you were disillusioned with politics and never bothered to vote. Then suddenly you notice a YouTube video of Ron Paul, do a bit more research and find out that there's a money bomb today. You watch it and, wow! How impressive! Now you want to donate too. There are definitely a lot of people like that, considering Ron Paul still has low name recognition but one that is growing by the day.

I expect there will be a push near the end of the quarter just because, and there'll probably be another day if somebody like Huckabee has a donation day that we could beat, like that one on November 20th.

I do agree that it'll probably be a better idea to focus on the primaries though. Maybe new supporters could be directed to more focused projects, like chipins for newspaper ads and billboards and whatnot.

Mithridates
12-17-2007, 07:01 AM
There's already a site up for the New Year's Eve bomb. You don't have to participate, but I'm definitely donating. I was a first time donor for the Tea Party and you gotta give us newbies a chance!! ;)

Hi! Yeah, you were exactly the type of person I was thinking of when I wrote that last post. There's always new blood.

francioshouse
12-17-2007, 07:03 AM
We should still have money bombs but not the huge ones. Lets have smaller more frequent bombs. Visit Ron Paul Regional Money Bomb (http://www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html) for more info.

SeanEdwards
12-17-2007, 07:07 AM
The moneybomb concept has been exhausted, the media is now innoculated against it. It's like that Geist bozo from MSNBC said: "This story is old. Ron Paul is money. What else is new?"

We need a new gimmick that the media can not resist covering. The blimp was just such a good idea. We need more creative out-of-the-box ideas like that can help us use the media as a force multiplier.

I'd like to see more aggressive grassroots support from current and retired military for Paul. That's the kind of thing the media will eat up. I'm not sure exactly how we can manage that, but we know that Paul has fans in the military. We need to harness their authority on the war.

Star power endorsements wouldn't hurt either.

Hmm, an interesting idea might involve leveraging the international support, though this might backfire. But what if international fans of RP coordinated some world wide event? I think this could be an interesting angle for a Paul TV commercial. Something showing regular Americans, and foreign citizens coming together to support Paul.

Bakkhus
12-17-2007, 07:08 AM

Absolutely. Always best to leave on a high, unbeatable note. Start something new to get MSM's attention. Another moneybomb will just be anticlimactic after today.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 07:09 AM

I would certainly not want to stop you from donating money on New Years' Eve or any other day..

But let me ask you this; what if the first quarter of '08 comes around and Dr. Paul only gets $20-30K in donations every day through the end of January and ends up with $1M in donations for the month. It is possible, he has a lot of $20 and $30K days this quarter. Even if we say that is a bit unlikely, and he gets double that on average -- $60K a day, this is less than $2 million.

Will the press use this to say his support is eroding because his donations are falling?

walt
12-17-2007, 07:10 AM
NO, it is time to focus 100% on getting new voters involved and out to vote.

mactaggart
12-17-2007, 07:24 AM
...what if the first quarter of '08 comes around and Dr. Paul only gets $20-30K in donations every day through the end of January and ends up with $1M in donations for the month. It is possible, he has a lot of $20 and $30K days this quarter. Even if we say that is a bit unlikely, and he gets double that on average -- $60K a day, this is less than $2 million.

Will the press use this to say his support is eroding because his donations are falling?

This is exactly what would happen. Each person here goes through a process where we're gung ho at first, we get to know the ropes a little bit, and then we start to run out of gas. The good news is that new people are coming in all the time to take our places, at that earlier, more energized point on the path, and re-energize those of us that are further along.

I like Freedom Day.

pickfair
12-17-2007, 07:27 AM
I would certainly not want to stop you from donating money on New Years' Eve or any other day..

But let me ask you this; what if the first quarter of '08 comes around and Dr. Paul only gets $20-30K in donations every day through the end of January and ends up with $1M in donations for the month. It is possible, he has a lot of $20 and $30K days this quarter. Even if we say that is a bit unlikely, and he gets double that on average -- $60K a day, this is less than $2 million.

You mean exhausting our resources? :eek:

I do not think it's likely because of the continual flocking of newly converted supporters, but just to be cautious I'm not saying let's go all in for New Year's Eve. I think it should be a mini-bomb... just getting people to donate the extra cash they can spare at the end of the year. I already know of others who have never donated before who are planning to give after witnessing the widget breaking, and I'm thinking there are probably more people like that out there.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Forget new money-bombs and get
familiar with the charity bomb idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57400

:)

AlexK
12-17-2007, 07:35 AM
We HAVE to break 20 million.

pickfair
12-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Forget new money-bombs and get
familiar with the charity bomb idea:

Missed this. Great way to start off the new year, but I'd like to see RP finishing off with $20 this quarter... can we do both? :p

Oliver
12-17-2007, 07:37 AM
We HAVE to break 20 million.

We will! - But not by whining or ruining ourselves:
The answer is this to get new support:

FreeTraveler
12-17-2007, 07:45 AM

+1

AlexK
12-17-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't see how having another money bomb will prevent us from doing anything else. It can't hurt.

Todd
12-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I agree with a new concept for raising money....but raising money and awareness are keys. We need to raise as much as possible before the end of the quarter for advertising and funding staffers.

Revolutn
12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
The truth is between now and Super Teusday, which is Feb 5th...people are cash strapped AND...if you wait until Mid January or later....the campaign won't be able to actually effectively USE the monies raised in time for 2/5 advertising in reality.

Therefore we should simply be donating when and where possible between now and then IMHO.

Assuming we pull through Super Tuesday as a serious front running candidate, the campaign will badly need a cash injection to wage the 'rest' of the primary campaign.

Understand that the war now truly is from today till Feb 5, because something like 53, 54% of all the state primaries will have been had by 2/6.

This IS IT.
Do not wait for orders from Headquarters, rally to the sound of the guns!

We must go go go, now now now.

We win or loose this nomination (effectively) in the next 56 days!

There will be plenty of necessity for a Money Bomb style fund raising for post Super Tuesday or even General Election purposes.

Just my .02.

Rev

fireinme
12-17-2007, 08:41 AM
We have dropped the bombs now we need the troops to go in and take the ground. We need foot soldiers. Now! Delegates. Now! Later on we might need some cash to take out some new enemies. I think we should use a steady stream of mini bombs to help with the groundwork.

Let us prove to the media that we have the largest armies of volunteers.

We have artillery now we need to show them we have infantry.

jjockers
12-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Very interesting results.

As I write this, 75/150 (exactly 50%) are for no more moneybombs and 50% think we should have another one sometime in the future.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-17-2007, 08:45 AM
let's get back to buying time for the blimp. :)

RonPaulFTFW
12-17-2007, 08:51 AM
we need to:

1. Register to vote.
2. become delegates.
3. Register others to vote.
4. Get others to become delegates.
5. Help on the ground in Iowa/New Hamp.
6. Write letters.

We need to move off the internet and do the hard work.
None of this matters if we don't help out in the real world.

justatrey
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Agree with others - we need to focus all energy on getting people registered and out to vote.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Missed this. Great way to start off the new year, but I'd like to see RP finishing off with $20 this quarter... can we do both? :p

I have seen increasing sentiment towards funding the grassroots projects because of the belief that the grassroots is more effective than the official campaign is.

For a number of reasons -- including that the official campaign is still asking supporters 'to make history tonight' at 10 AM Eastern the following day -- I can see why the sentiment is moving this way. They totally blew a FREE opportunity to promote their own candidate's success last night.

Travis
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
The last week of the month we should try and raise 1 Mil a day = 7mil for that week.

mconder
12-17-2007, 09:28 AM
If we do have one, I think we need to find another special date. The historical dates really seem to capture the imagination and bring out the donations.

mconder
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
How about...

January 14th 1784 - The United States ratified the Treaty of Paris signed at the end of the Revolutionary War.

mconder
12-17-2007, 09:36 AM
or...January 8th - 1790 - George Washington gave the first State of the Union address.

Or January 7th - 1789 - George Washington was elected as the first President

cero
12-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Man This Poll Is Just Asking To Be Trolled
Of Course We Need Another Moneybomb!

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
.... in my signature ;)

krott5333
12-17-2007, 09:42 AM
we should have a money bomb december 31st, to push to $20 million for the quarter.. if we dont have it by then

stevedasbach
12-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Right now we need to focus on hitting 20 million for the quarter. That's less than $2 million over the next 15 days -- about $133,333 per day.

ifthenwouldi
12-17-2007, 09:48 AM
No more money bombs until after Super Tuesday. The campaign has more than enough money to get concentrated advertising under way.

What needs to happen now is a grassroots push to get evangelicals convinced that Ron Paul is the candidate with the most integrity, to get the apathetic to realize that Ron Paul is anything but politics as usual, and to ensure that college students are registered, active, and determined to vote in the primaries.

Pick one of those three, and go conquer.

Alex Libman
12-17-2007, 10:35 AM
A lot of the "he can't win" fence-sitters will jump on board after we WIN in NH, so it's best to time the next moneybomb around that.

I think the idea I've heard on the Alex Jones show, making it a two-day moneybomb on the weekend, was the better idea and I think we could have reached 10+ mil if we tried it with the Bill of Rights day (Sat) before the Tea Party (Sun). I've heard that the people in the campaign agreed that it's a good idea too. It's all about momentum!

JenH88
12-17-2007, 11:03 AM
No more "money bombs"... we need to focus on votes- get out and talk to people, spread liberty and freedom!

Peace&Freedom
12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Let's do a 'minibomb' on New Year's Eve/Day to ensure Paul raises 20 million before the primaries, then one more big bomb towards the end of January (say Jan. 26, before FL and SC) to try one more time to create media attention prior to Super Tuesday.

From the looks of things, it appears the MSM realizes Paul got a bump in the polls from the Nov. 5 money bomb, once they (out of shock) felt compelled to cover him. They are determined not to do that for him again, so this time there's silence. So the secondary purpose of the bomb, which was to trigger the equivalent of twice as much money in free media publicity, is not going to be guaranteed. But its primary function of providing the grassroots an efficient, focused way of getting serious money to the candidate remains valid, and could be continued through the rest of the campaign year should Paul stay in the race.

Rob
12-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Why not have one for much later, perhaps a few months from now?

The way I see it, if we can keep topping our previous record, it's going to make a huge statement to the viability of Ron Paul. I agree this shouldn't be a monthly event, but don't understand the media's and just regular peoples' fondness for very large numbers.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM
or...January 8th - 1790 - George Washington gave the first State of the Union address.

Or January 7th - 1789 - George Washington was elected as the first President

I like January 10th, when in 49 B.C., Ceasar crossed the Rubicon - The Point of No Return.

According to Wikipedia: "The phrase "crossing the Rubicon" has survived to refer to any people committing themselves irrevocably to a risky and revolutionary course of action."

Unfortunately, I am not sure there will be the support needed on any date to set another Moneybomb record for the campaign. Risk is high that it would flop and do more damage than good.

It may be better to set a date to support other grassroots projects as has been suggested by others -- it would not take much effort to fund everything out there now, and many other projects that could be defined over the next few weeks.

Gimme Some Truth
12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Go out , knock on doors, dish our dvds , talk to people, spread the message in the real world etc.

We can always organize another money bomb later if we want and its viable .

I think setting goals of getting the donations up to a certain level within like a 2 week timeframe will be better. That way there is a stream of money coming in for Ron and we still have goals to advertise like crazy for.
An example ,for me, would be to try and outraise Romneys 1st quarter fundraising by the end of this quarter . Its unlikely but you never know.

People will continue to come up with moneybombs whether we like it or not , iv already seen like 10 moneybomb ideas since yesterday lol. As always the free market approach will determine what is best. I dont think enough people will latch on to all the moneybombs to make them all that well known so i dont think we need to worry about looking like a falling campaign when they turn out to be "duds". Nov 11th is a prime example.

Again i support accomplishing decently sized goals within a given timeframe and advertising them as tho they were moneybombs.

paulgirl
12-17-2007, 12:37 PM
If we can get his book to the bestseller list the first week of January, that would make a big impact and only cost $15 a piece.

beachmaster
12-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I think we should have a "mini" money bomb on New Years Eve to top off the quarter and insure at least $20M. Then that money (and new January money) can capitalize on any gains/wins in Iowa and NH, which hopefully will get a LOT more press for the late Jan early Feb primaries. After early February, if we haven't made any substantial wins in any primaries, getting more won't really matter. It matters NOW. We need to get him the cash NOW, THIS quarter so he can pump the machine in Iowa/NH/SC/Nevada.

So yes, one more mini money bomb this year... I say mini because it doesn't have to be 6 million, and if we set a very high goal, the MSM will knock us down big time. So maybe more like the prior money bomb where about $500k was raised... that would be a good end of the quarter boost.

ronpaulitician
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
How about a money bomb set for the day after Ron Paul wins the GOP ticket?

beachmaster
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Maybe instead of "mini money bomb" or any kind of money bomb (as far as end of year event), we could call it a "Money Surge". lol

boondoggle
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
July 4th, 2008

I like April 19th's the shot heard round the world. It was proposed by someone earlier AND we could do fireworks before and after.

chandlerLBT
12-17-2007, 02:07 PM
A money bomb on MLK day would be awesome. Martin Luther King is the American symbol and leader of nonviolent protests in America. We could donate to Paul on this day to protest the corruption of this government.

JustAnotherV
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
I think it may not be necessary, and also dpends what things are looking like during the primaries. We need to focus more on spreading the word, recruiting, and ensuring a VERY high percentage turnout to the polls of supporters to maximize our impact.

*IF* there was to be one, I think Martin Luther King day (vision, inclusiveness, rights, equality, not to mention a statement within the Republican party and a slap in the face to the white supremicist crap), or Presidents Day (tradition, founders, patriotism) are both prime targets, although MLK has the advantage of being very well positioned going into super tuesday (last minute ad push and also a possible bump in media attention, although at that point it might be a polical frenzy).

I guess if I had to pick one I would say MLK, but again, it might not be necessary.

Doc Dewey
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Instead of Bombing for the Ron Paul Campaign. We should have
bombs for the individual grassroots efforts. Five for olfod, ten for the blimp,
10 for Christmas vacation. ect.

The main campaign should be good for a little while. Lets support our
projects and get more of them going. I can come up with ten bucks
pretty easy compared to 300.

LinuxUser269
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Been there done money bomb .

Keeping the blimp afloat is a good idea .

It seems they are still ignoring us .

Its time to hit the streets and go door to door!

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Instead of Bombing for the Ron Paul Campaign. We should have
bombs for the individual grassroots efforts. Five for olfod, ten for the blimp,
10 for Christmas vacation. ect.

The main campaign should be good for a little while. Lets support our
projects and get more of them going. I can come up with ten bucks
pretty easy compared to 300.

Increasingly common theme... grassroots moneybomb...

Johnnybags
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
election in front of Republicans to take on the Democrats should Paul be given the nomination.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 05:31 PM
election in front of Republicans to take on the Democrats should Paul be given the nomination.

I like the idea, but what happens if it becomes a reality and we find out the pledges were 'blimped up' like what happened to the blimp project?

alexpasch
12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
A money bomb on MLK day would be awesome. Martin Luther King is the American symbol and leader of nonviolent protests in America. We could donate to Paul on this day to protest the corruption of this government.

I really like the MLK one because it would shut up all those that say RP is a racist/white supremacist.

alexpasch
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
There are people that want to do grassroots money bombs. Well let's do those on days that make sense!!!

Eg. MLK day we give to Operation NH
President's day we give to the blimp

etc...

Patriot2572
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Nope. Iowa/NH are right around the corner. We need to keep donating, and Alex Jones/this forum/other RP groups can and should organize small moneybombs to raise 500k or so in one day. However, we need to focus on getting all of our friends/families to register republican, and convert other current GOP members to vote republican.

WRellim
12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=644463

January 10th -- A day for COMMON SENSE !
Common Sense was a pamphlet written by Thomas Paine. It was first published anonymously on January 10, 1776

Info from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=166671673

This is THE BEST day for the next BIG effort -- It will come on the HEELS of a "good position" in IOWA, and a "very good position" in NEW HAMPSHIRE...

And if we band together, the RonPaulNation *AND* the campaign push together into ALL of the remaining "early states" and massively into the TWENTY ONE so-called "Super-Duper-Tuesday" states that vote on February 5th.

Plus, we raise a BOATLOAD of cash that the campaign will BE ABLE to use to EXTEND the reach into the SDT states ...and BEYOND!

And we can even REPUBLISH copies of "Common Sense" and get them out to the masses -- in a VERY affordable way!

PUSH THIS!

burningfur
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Nope. Iowa/NH are right around the corner. We need to keep donating, and Alex Jones/this forum/other RP groups can and should organize small moneybombs to raise 500k or so in one day. However, we need to focus on getting all of our friends/families to register republican, and convert other current GOP members to vote republican.

+1

TheEvilDetector
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
http://www.constitutioncenter.org/timeline/flash/cw.html

Let's support Ron Paul by money bombing on the anniversary of Jefferson's election!

Trevor, can you set this up???

Something like this for example? www.february17th.com

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/feb17.html

I think it is very fitting for Ron, who is a Jeffersonian in many ways.

ronpaulitician
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes, but it should be on the day after Paul wins or loses the GOP ticket. (This will be the general election money bomb.)

klamath
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
More money bombs isn't going to get what we want to hear. "RP leading with 95% of the precincts reporting"

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM

January 10th -- A day for COMMON SENSE !
Common Sense was a pamphlet written by Thomas Paine. It was first published anonymously on January 10, 1776

Info from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=166671673

This is THE BEST day for the next BIG effort -- It will come on the HEELS of a "good position" in IOWA, and a "very good position" in NEW HAMPSHIRE...

And if we band together, the RonPaulNation *AND* the campaign push together into ALL of the remaining "early states" and massively into the TWENTY ONE so-called "Super-Duper-Tuesday" states that vote on February 5th.

Plus, we raise a BOATLOAD of cash that the campaign will BE ABLE to use to EXTEND the reach into the SDT states ...and BEYOND!

And we can even REPUBLISH copies of "Common Sense" and get them out to the masses -- in a VERY affordable way!

PUSH THIS!

The title is a little misleading -- have you read the Common Sense document? Too difficult for the common person to understand and not really applicable to Ron Paul.

E. Nordstrom
12-20-2007, 05:26 PM
http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/images/mad.jpg (http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com)

Before there was November5th there was the ronpaulmoneybomb

We had our first weekly donation drive on the 20th of October 2007 and we have had a weekly donation drive every week from that date to the present.

We have been interviewed by ABC News, supported by Ron Paul Graphs, supported by Ron Paul Revolution Radio, and supported by Prison Planet, but for some reason, the Ron Paul Forums continue to bypass the project that started it all.

Also, I should mention that your Poll about having money bombs... Well, we feel like Dr. Paul because your poll does not include an option for weekly donations. We would also like to ask why the forums would attempt to stop or diminish donation drives. Let them continue as it is going to be a long difficult general election come mid 2008. Financing does not end with the primaries, we must continue to support Ron Paul if he is to win the nomination and go on to win the Oval Office.

The Ron Paul Money Bomb is as much about raising money for Ron Paul as it is about abolishing the IRS and the Federal Reserve. We are still here and here to stay. It would be very appreciated it your efforts to form a committee did not diminish the projects many of us work so hard to create. Diminishing work done by your fellow Ron Paul supporters is counter productive to the overall cause. Our namesake "moneybomb" was coined September 14th by Jesse Elder, we are proud that so many thought it a good term to use to identify any or all donation drives, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. There is purpose in everything.

For you first time forum readers, please note that the Ron Paul support base is vast. The Ron Paul Forums is far from the core of the revolution and the Ron Paul forums is swarming with anti-Paul supporters attempting to crash our successes.

Please, come help us to ensure the campaign foot soldiers have a steady river of cash flowing through the primaries and beyond.

Super Tuesday is February 5th. It would be wise to have one additional big push toward the beginning of February. When I say big I mean this will be our last opportunity to make the earth shake financially.

I have spoken with numerous editors, webmasters, anti-Fed and anti-IRS groups, all are ready to make their move. Bring in the Ron Paul supporters...

http://www.libertytax08.com/images/lt08ad1.jpg (http://www.libertytax08.com/)

E. Nordstrom
12-20-2007, 06:28 PM
No more money bombs

What?! No more fundraising for the campaign? That's a silly idea.

Dan Hall
01-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I saw on YouTube that Operation Call Paul needs bucks!

Please see what I'm doing at www.DanielHall-SupportsRonPaul.ws

This is how we can raise more and more money as we campaign for Ron Paul.

This is how we can make an on-going Money Bomb after Money Bomb throughout
the Entire Campaign all the way up to the General Election!