PDA

View Full Version : #39 - Ron Paul TV Special, Money Bomb, and Fueling the Freedom Movement

AlexMerced
12-16-2007, 10:01 PM
http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com

Digg This

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/39_Ron_Paul_TV_Special_Money_Bomb_and_Fueling_the_ Free

Crickett
12-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I only watched most of part one. I REALLY dislike this TV special from the get go. I thought Dr. Paul said federal govt should not be involved in pro or con abortion, but there he is right in the beginning being totally anti abortion, and it rolls on with more strong opinions that do not seem to be his normal way of talking. I know, as a person, he holds the pro-life opinion (one which I do not agree with, as to me, anything without breath has no life) but I know I can not agree with him on everything, and am still a fervent supporter. This video, however, seems to speak in ways I do not like. He seems angry--almost fierce. It does not give me a good opinion of him. If I was someone who wanted to know about him, and did not, I would have turned it off in the middle. Which I did anyway.

AlexMerced
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I only watched most of part one. I REALLY dislike this TV special from the get go. I thought Dr. Paul said federal govt should not be involved in pro or con abortion, but there he is right in the beginning being totally anti abortion, and it rolls on with more strong opinions that do not seem to be his normal way of talking. I know, as a person, he holds the pro-life opinion (one which I do not agree with, as to me, anything without breath has no life) but I know I can not agree with him on everything, and am still a fervent supporter. This video, however, seems to speak in ways I do not like. He seems angry--almost fierce. It does not give me a good opinion of him. If I was someone who wanted to know about him, and did not, I would have turned it off in the middle. Which I did anyway.

THIS IS TARGETED TO IOWANS

Who are uber pro choice, if they softened it they wouldn't listen, alwyas ask yourself who's the target audience.

RonPaulFTFW
12-16-2007, 10:45 PM
why are they leading off with abortion on the Iowa Tv Special?

Is abortion a big issue in iowa?

seems like a bad idea to me.

Naraku
12-17-2007, 12:03 AM
He pretty much said the same thing he's said before on abortion. He wants to get rid of Roe v. Wade and believes life begins at conception.

I am wondering when this will actually be on. December 22 and 23rd are Saturday and Sunday, not exactly prime days for TV, hopefully they'll choose good hours for the special.

dguill74
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=Crickett;633424] (one which I do not agree with, as to me, anything without breath has no life)

So, to use your definition of life, a partial birth abortion (one where the baby is FULL TERM, and has been partially delivered, and is then killed) is a "reasonable" procedure, because the baby isn't "alive."

This is a ridiculous position, and one to which very few ascribe.

Dr. Paul's position on abortion is the only logical one (there is only ONE logical time when life could begin, and that is an indisputable fact), and

His position is the only constitutional one.

I've enjoyed this forum for some time now--it's good to have some freedom fighters in this country.

Dr. G

free.alive
12-17-2007, 01:56 AM
I know you want us to go to your blog, but I really just want to see the abortion special, and I don't see a link there even though you imply there may be in the title of your post.

shame, shame.

Fess up. where's the link? lol

free.alive
12-17-2007, 02:20 AM
My apologies. It couldn't be any more obvious.

If I have an excuse, it's that I'm just returning from a 10-hour brainfuck administered by Michael Badnarik.

Get you meetup group to request him to come to your city for the constitution class. It's a deal considering the wealth of info you're getting.

Oh by the way, Trevor Lyman and Von NotHaus will both be on Badnarik's radio show tomorrow morning, at http://www.wtprn.com/archives.html#Michael

Crickett
12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
I live in Arkansas, not so far from Iowa, nor from their political ideals. I do NOT want to get into an abortion debate. This TV ad just does NOT show RP in a good light. Iowans would be better off with a TV ad that EDUCATED them about some issues and then showed RP's positions. And I sure would not start off with a VERY fierce position on abortion. This is NOT a good ad, and I have seen many good ads....
(PS. I am entitled to my own opinion. If it does not breathe, eat, or crap, it is not alive to me. HOWEVER, this does not keep me from very much wanting to see RP president).

Crickett
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Alex, you are WRONG. Iowans are like Arkansans. They do NOT like fierce-talking opinionated debate. They are more of the quiet Christian-types. They hold manners and no boat-rocking in higher esteem. Humor would go much further with them. I hated this TV spot, period.

roversaurus
12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
The ad and emphasis are good for getting Republican votes.

His position hasn't changed. Just his emphasis. He is a politician trying to
get the votes of people who will NEVER think and reason about positions.

If you're talking to pro choice people - like he did on The View -
you point out that overturning Roe V Wade is the Constitutional position.
And if it happens abortion will STILL be legal in most states. AND
the issue will be taken OFF the table in Presidential elections in the future.
AND there would be no FEDERAL ban on things like partial birth abortions.

If a person wants an abortion in Alabama today they already have to
travel a long way to get it. There just aren't that many providers.
After Roe v Wade is overturned they will have to travel a little farther.
And even then some abortions will still be legal in Alabama.

Crickett
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Like I said..for me it is not the abotion issue. Go look at these videos on you tube. Part 1 has almost FOUR times the views of part 2. I just watched part 2 after NOT finishing part 1 yesterday. Part 2 is EXCELLENT, yet only about 1/4 of the people who viewed part 1 are watching part 2. Does this give an inkling that I am right??
Someone who has something to do with this should listen!! Part 1 will turn off not only the Iowa voters, but a good deal of TV sets.

AlexMerced
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
The ad and emphasis are good for getting Republican votes.

His position hasn't changed. Just his emphasis. He is a politician trying to
get the votes of people who will NEVER think and reason about positions.

If you're talking to pro choice people - like he did on The View -
you point out that overturning Roe V Wade is the Constitutional position.
And if it happens abortion will STILL be legal in most states. AND
the issue will be taken OFF the table in Presidential elections in the future.
AND there would be no FEDERAL ban on things like partial birth abortions.

If a person wants an abortion in Alabama today they already have to
travel a long way to get it. There just aren't that many providers.
After Roe v Wade is overturned they will have to travel a little farther.
And even then some abortions will still be legal in Alabama.

I agree with this, that part is target to the "likely republican voter" I mean I'll be honest I thought the abortion as an opening was a bit odd, but I think if your flipping channels it's disruptive enough to get someones attention.

What matters is that people wil watch it on tv, and registration is over, we need registered republicans to watch it which that opening might appeal too the evangelical base which is strong in Iowa whtehter you think so or not, shown by Huckabees prominence.