PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore correspondence

Bradley in DC
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
In the spirit of Dr. Paul's message of bringing us all together (and, shamelessly looking to convert as many people to our cause as possible), I emailed the Gilmore campaign when I heard he needed surgery:

"Although I am a supporter of Dr. Paul, I admire and respect Gov. Gilmore and wanted you to know that his health is in my prayers."

I just got this responce:

"Thank you for your kind words. I'll be sure to let the Governor know."

Kuldebar
07-05-2007, 03:35 PM
In the spirit of Dr. Paul's message of bringing us all together (and, shamelessly looking to convert as many people to our cause as possible), I emailed the Gilmore campaign when I heard he needed surgery:

"Although I am a supporter of Dr. Paul, I admire and respect Gov. Gilmore and wanted you to know that his health is in my prayers."

How very shrewd, calculating and disingenuous of you! I see a profoundly successful career in politics ahead for you. :rolleyes:

Bradley in DC
07-05-2007, 03:45 PM
How very shrewd, calculating and disingenuous of you! I see a profoundly successful career in politics ahead for you. :rolleyes:

I do genuinely like the guy, he was a good governor of Virginia. He's no Ron Paul, but he's not a bad guy. He recently inched towards Dr. Paul's position on Iraq too! And, no, no political ambitions here.

Kuldebar
07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I do genuinely like the guy, he was a good governor of Virginia. He's no Ron Paul, but he's not a bad guy. He recently inched towards Dr. Paul's position on Iraq too! And, no, no political ambitions here.

Fair enough. :)

Mesogen
07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I know next to nothing about Gilmore, but what I saw during the debates was pretty ok. He was at least sane.

PatriotOne
07-05-2007, 04:16 PM

I just got this responce:

"Thank you for your kind words. I'll be sure to let the Governor know."

Very nice. I once watched this phenom on the American Idol boards between different supporters of the contestants. It was just last year and somehow the Taylor Hicks fans all agreed that they would take the high road and not join in on all the bashing of other contestants and if a troll did it for them, they were severly reprimanded. They were always supportive of ALL the contestants and praised them when they did good, sent their regards when they got eliminated, etc., etc.

Normally, I would never care about the American Idol boards but I had gone over there to check for something and noticed this pattern immediately. I got so interested in this "tactic" that I ended up checking the boards somewhat frequently to see how it was working out for them. It was an amazing thing to monitor as when one by one, contestants got eliminated off the show, those now disinfranchised fans would end up supporting Taylor Hicks (not 100%, but the % was very significant). It was also apparent that the disenfranchised ones resisted those contestants whose board fans were obnoxious and taunting to their contestant.

Now one would think they were all just teenagers on the AI boards over there but that really wasn't the case. There were ALOT of adults also and I saw no perceptible difference in their behavior.

I came to the conclusion that this "tactic" was very effective psychologically. Once you create hate between two camps, adults or teenagers alike, the chances of ever converting another person to your side gets pretty slim. This is especially true over the internet since there are so many more chances to do so.

Anyways, it was quite the study in social behavior and I think there is a lesson to be learned in there for everybody. It's not always easy to be nice, but in the long run, I think it pays off when it comes to the actual voter's of other candidates.

LibertyCzar
07-05-2007, 04:22 PM

In the CNN debate, yes the one in which Ron Paul was largely ignored, Gov. Gilmore was asked to respond to one of Ron Paul's statements. In that response, he gave some credit to Ron Paul, almost defending Ron Paul's position to Wolf Blitzer. I think Gilmore is a genuinely nice guy. I just don't agree with some of his positions on extremely important issues.

This is a good idea, to wish him well. At any rate, this is good for our karma. And it's also the right thing to do.

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I think it was a wonderful gesture, Bradley. :)