PDA

View Full Version : Damn! I wish I could be in America!

Mattsa
05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I soooo wish I was in America right now because for the first time ever in 43 years on this planet, there's a political cause worth fighting for.

If I was in America right now, I'd get really involved in promoting RP! :(

ThePieSwindler
05-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Where do you live? If people in other nations stand up to support Ron Paul, perhaps those in America who have a CULTURALLY global mindset (nothing wrong with interaction of cultures and trade in this small world - its political globalization that we are trying to fight) might take notice and see that people from other nations are gaining a new hope in America based on the rise of RP, and would change their thoughts on the elections accordingly. Maybe, who knows?

commonsense
05-19-2007, 05:11 PM
I agree. I think RP's election will be a benefit to other countries as well as our own. Hopefully, the word will continue to spread and we can keep his name out there. His message will do the rest of the work. I certainly wouldn't mind help from people in other countries. We need all the help we can get!

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Illegal immigrants vote all the time. I'm not suggesting anything like that for you . . . I wouldn't dream of it.

Dead people vote here too. Heck, in Minnesota, they load up buses with welfare recipients and go from polling place to polling place. All you need here is someone to vouch that you live in the precinct.

So you just happen to get a plane ticket for the day before the NH primary staying through the SC primary. I think you need a vacation. But, again, I'm not suggesting anything . . .

qednick
05-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Scribbler, how can illegals vote? I'm fully legal but I can't vote. Don't you have to show offical ID to register? Crazy!

Mattsa, you said your girlfriend is American. Can't you move here and get a green card?

NMCB3
05-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Just tell everyone you know about him and his message. Sending money doesn`t hurt either. What happens here affects you guys too. Iraq war is a prime example. Doesn`t have to be much, but Ron can use all he can get. Special interests can`t buy him off, so most of his money comes from private donations.

qednick
05-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Well the UK needs its own version of RP pretty badly. The UK is dominated by two parties also. A lot of people get apathetic or they just don't bother voting because they think they're throwing it away. I know because I'm guilty of doing it myself. :(

mdh
05-19-2007, 05:54 PM
We've had causes worth fighting for forever - sadly, this may be the first time there's a real chance of winning, as libertarians are hard-core locked out of the two big parties in general, and anyone outside of the two big parties is locked out of politics (media coverage, debates, ballot access - you won't see any of the LP or CP candidates...)

kylejack
05-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Well the UK needs its own version of RP pretty badly. The UK is dominated by two parties also. A lot of people get apathetic or they just don't bother voting because they think they're throwing it away. I know because I'm guilty of doing it myself. :(

I thought you guys had 3 parties.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Scribbler, how can illegals vote? I'm fully legal but I can't vote. Don't you have to show offical ID to register?

You don't need an ID to register in Minnesota. If you register in advance you just mail it in, no questions asked. If you want to wait until that day to vote, you just get someone in the precinct who IS registered to vouch for you. Minnesota is liberal la-la land. Any attempt to crack down on voting fraud is viewed as "disenfranchisement."

You never have to show an ID.

qednick
05-19-2007, 06:09 PM
WOW that's crazy!! My im. lawyer told me that one unforgivable sin is to claim to be a US citizen if you're not. That is the one thing they'll not let you getaway with if caught and you'll be deported and banned for life. :eek:

CurtisLow
05-19-2007, 06:11 PM
You don't need an ID to register in Minnesota. If you register in advance you just mail it in, no questions asked. If you want to wait until that day to vote, you just get someone in the precinct who IS registered to vouch for you. Minnesota is liberal la-la land. Any attempt to crack down on voting fraud is viewed as "disenfranchisement."

You never have to show an ID.

Weird...They don't even ask you for your drivers license number on the mail in form?

qednick
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I would've thought at the very least that you'd need a valid SSN# :confused:

mdh
05-19-2007, 06:20 PM
I would've thought at the very least that you'd need a valid SSN# :confused:

Why? Voting has nothing to do with social security which is what your SS# is for. Not only that, but voting is run by states, not by the federal government, which is who issues social-security related documents and numbers. Most drivers licenses or photo ID's are state-issued, so it makes some sense to use these as identification. Here in WV, you register to vote, and get a voter card which has your party affiliation and address on it. This requires mailing in a signed form to the local courthouse. At the polling place, you show your state-issued picture identification and this voting card to be allowed to vote.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
We show no ID if registered in advance. We just have to sign the ledger in which our names appear. If I want to vote the same day and am not registered, I just need to show a utility bill with my name and address, no ID. Minnesota is nuts.

Fraud is disenfranchisement for legit voters. An illegal alien or someone voting twice can cancel out my vote. The ACLU thinks it's better to have fraud than to discourage someone from voting. They're wrong -- that takes away my vote.

mdh
05-19-2007, 06:30 PM
If the Diebold crowd gets there way, it'll be open season on voting fraud. Buy your USB sticks before the market shoots up on 'em!

TruePatriot44
05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
We show no ID if registered in advance. We just have to sign the ledger in which our names appear. If I want to vote the same day and am not registered, I just need to show a utility bill with my name and address, no ID. Minnesota is nuts.

Fraud is disenfranchisement for legit voters. An illegal alien or someone voting twice can cancel out my vote. The ACLU thinks it's better to have fraud than to discourage someone from voting. They're wrong -- that takes away my vote.

In my opinion, Minnesota is too lenient concerning verifying votes. Last election I walked in to vote and I could of easily said I was my neighbor, signed my name, and casted a second vote. The old senior citizens volunteering at the polling station wouldn't have known.

billv
05-19-2007, 08:36 PM
I soooo wish I was in America right now because for the first time ever in 43 years on this planet, there's a political cause worth fighting for.

If I was in America right now, I'd get really involved in promoting RP! :(

I'm in America and I'm working so hard for this. It's a bit like the Revolutionary War where we're working against the establishment to give the people their freedom and liberties back.