PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this yet?

deedles
12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNWHmiGj-k

Sorry if this is a repost. Apparently part of a 30 minute version to be shown on TV in Iowa soon?

FreeTraveler
12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Woooohooooo!!!!!! Rock & Roll, the rEVOLution is at hand!

spacebetween
12-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Wow. It's real!

I hadn't seen this until now. THANKS!

DJ RP
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
...epic

Jobarra
12-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Wow, just started watching it, but I've already got goosebumps.

hellah10
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
holy poop

this is good stuff....real good stuff...kudos to the campaign team for finally doing something that I can applaud to

im impressed.... seriously

Ron Paul Fan
It's GREAT so far! Thank you so much for posting this! Go Ron Paul Go! $6.3 million! We must beat Hillary!

Craig_R
I dunno bout all the pro life stuff, he's got a lot of independents and democrats, this may actually cost him some support

Ron Paul Fan
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
I dunno bout all the pro life stuff, he's got a lot of independents and democrats, this may actually cost him some support

It's his position and there's no hiding from it. Life begins at conception and abortion is murder. Roe v. Wade must be overturned! This will not cost us any votes because Ron Paul is running for the NOMINATION OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

Craig_R
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
It's his position and there's no hiding from it. Life begins at conception and abortion is murder. Roe v. Wade must be overturned! This will not cost us any votes because Ron Paul is running for the NOMINATION OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

I guess you havent noticed ,most of the folks who have been calling themselves republicans last 10 or more years pretty much Hate him.

its coming off like he wants the fed gov to have some say in the abortion matter, when it does not have the authority.

to people like you and me, who know dr paul and can manage to think about what he's saying , this looks great.

to undecided voters , umm. I guess we'll see

Ron Paul Fan
12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I guess you haven't noticed that I am a Republican living in Iowa and Republicans in Iowa are big in the pro life position. Why do you think Huckabee and Romney highlight it in their commercials? Are all of these people stupid? It's people like ME who know that this will be a GREAT commercial in IOWA to court IOWA REPUBLICANS(The people we're trying to appeal to). We aren't trying to appeal to YOU. We're trying to appeal to ME! It does, and it's great. Go Ron Paul!

Craig_R
12-16-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm two towns away from IOWA silly.

we're going to win this thing by having a "big tent" bringing in people who were otherwise not republicans.

isnt that why we've been telling people to make sure they change thier registration?

BTW i'm pro life myself, however I downplay it to talk pro baby killers into voting for the good dr.

spacebetween
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm two towns away from IOWA silly.

we're going to win this thing by having a "big tent" bringing in people who were otherwise not republicans.

isnt that why we've been telling people to make sure they change thier registration?

BTW i'm pro life myself, however I downplay it to talk pro baby killers into voting for the good dr.

Sure, but those who are pro-choice become knowledgeable enough to know RP's actual stance on abortion: it's not a Federal issue!

thePhilosopher
12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
In a Mr. Burns' voice: "Exxxxxxcellent." I think this will play very well with the Iowa voters and its good to see that my donations are going toward a quality media product.

Mahkato
12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
DIGG THIS (http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/NEW_30_Minute_Ron_Paul_Special_Released_Today_DEC_ 16th)

iamvoodoo
12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Very cool that they showed him explaining his points relaxed and calmly, but that speech had him messing up his words a little. Not the most articulated Ron Paul, but I think the point gets across.

rg123
12-16-2007, 09:53 PM
They are clips from the Iowa straw poll he tailored his speech there in august
for the interest of Iowa Republicans it also was one of his better speechs

AlexK
12-16-2007, 10:01 PM
All that abortion talk turned me off a bit. The audience didn't seem too enthusiastic about that either.

weagle
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
This is targeted to Iowans. RPs thoughts are to returen power to states, not to outlaw abortion. There are many more important issues that RP represents. Once again, this is to win over Iowans who are very anti-abortion. Smart play.

chipvogel
12-16-2007, 10:19 PM

I agree....its difficult for me as well and I would lose respect for Ron Paul if he suddenly changed the position to do better in the election and doubt seriously that would happen.

This issue is the only issue where I agree with the Democrats(thats right I said it).
The Constitution has no way of answering the question of when does human life begin and there are very strong moral augments to make on both sides of this issue and I don't know the answer of when life begins.

I watched a show on the history channel about brothels in ancient Greece. They found hundreds of infant skeletal remains underneath the brothel. The explanation they gave was that back then people didn't think life began until babies could talk(yes really). One form of abortion back then was to leave babies out in the woods, or in this case to toss them in the sewers underneath the brothel.

What I'm getting at is that we are far removed from those barbaric days and that hopefully people can see that both sides of this issue have moral and principled people. I'm afraid we'll have to keep on voting on this issue for a few thousand years. I can live with voting it out on the state level.

AlexK
12-16-2007, 10:34 PM
This is targeted to Iowans. RPs thoughts are to returen power to states, not to outlaw abortion.

In all the interviews, he says that a complicated issue like abortion is better dealt with at local level, but he did propose legislation that would make a zygote a legal citizen, meaning that life would be considered to start at conception in all 50 states. This is an issue that bothers me about Ron Paul.

chipvogel
12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
I know there will never be a candidate that matches all my personal views and its unrealistic to expect that...I guess thats why people decide to run for office.

I think the important thing to remember about Ron Paul is even though there are issues where I don't agree with him, he is able to separate his personal views from his policy.

I don't agree with his position on abortion but I do believe he will continue to operate under the Constitution (he'll follow the rule book) even where it doesn't match his own personal convictions.

jarofclay
12-16-2007, 10:55 PM
this is what we pay for!! this is awesome!!

AlexK
12-16-2007, 11:24 PM
I think the important thing to remember about Ron Paul is even though there are issues where I don't agree with him, he is able to separate his personal views from his policy.

Again, he proposed legislation to make life officially be considered to start at conception. If that's not mixing personal views and policy, I don't know what is.

singapore_sling
12-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Again, he proposed legislation to make life officially be considered start at conception. If that's not mixing personal views and policy, I don't know what is.

I don't really have a stance on abortion but Ron's stance is that since people are prosecuted for double murder if they kill a pregnant mother then the law already somewhat defines life as beginning at conception,

max
12-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Wow!!!!!

Thats Was Perfect!!!

max
12-16-2007, 11:56 PM
In all the interviews, he says that a complicated issue like abortion is better dealt with at local level, but he did propose legislation that would make a zygote a legal citizen, meaning that life would be considered to start at conception in all 50 states. This is an issue that bothers me about Ron Paul.

GOOGLE SEARCH FOR IMAGES OF ABORTED BABIES AND MAYBE YOU WILL RECONSIDER

AlexK
12-17-2007, 12:21 AM
GOOGLE SEARCH FOR IMAGES OF ABORTED BABIES AND MAYBE YOU WILL RECONSIDER

Searching Google images isn't how I make up my mind on controversial issues.

And that's not even the point anyway. I'm talking about Ron Paul being inconsistent about it (saying it's up to the states, but then proposing legislation to make it be enforced by the federal government).

dante
12-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Searching Google images isn't how I make up my mind on controversial issues.

And that's not even the point anyway. I'm talking about Ron Paul being inconsistent about it (saying it's up to the states, but then proposing legislation to make it be enforced by the federal government).

Alex, Ron Paul passing legislation that life begins at conception is consistent with his views on the matter and his way of fighting back against Roe v. Wade. Such a bill would then leave it up to the states to decide what the punishment or non-punishment would be for an abortion. As it is currently the states that decide most criminal penalties. And Ron Paul would leave this matter up to the states to decide how to punish or not punish someone for performing an abortion.