PDA

View Full Version : Huck is finished, even Redstate hates him

Real_CaGeD
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.redstate.com/blogs/dukelaw/2007/dec/16/huckabee_crossed_that_line

ht tp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Hu...ssed_That_Line

Huckabee crossed that line.
By DukeLaw Posted in Archived — Comments (35) / Email this page » / Leave a comment »

In the post-9/11 Republican Party, there is one line that us conservatives don't cross. We do not critique Bush's handling of foreign policy and national security issues from a leftist perspective. Those who do, like Lincoln Chafee, Chuck Hagel, and Walter Jones, get "primaried".

After improvements in Iraq finally begin to take place and victory appears to be attainable, Mike Huckabee, in his latest Foreign Affairs piece, attacked President Bush's handling of the War on Terror from the left.

Even Ron Paul has not crossed that line.

At least when Ron Paul says everything about blowback, and leaving Iraq, it is a far-right wing critique based upon the principles of nonintervention and that America should not be spending money abroad.

The following statements of Hucakebee are all attacks on President Bush from a left-wing perspective:

1. President Bush has an arrogant foreign policy.

2. President Bush has a "bunker mentality".

3. Guantanamo Bay needs to be closed because other people don't like it.

4. Bush is on a path "to war with Iran".

5. We need to negotiate with Iran.

6. Our relationship with Iran is strained, much like "friends who don't talk for some time".

7. A lack of opportunity is the root cause of terrorism.

8. "Much like a top high school student, if it [the US] is modest about its abilities and achievements, if it is generous in helping others, it is loved.”

Wrong party Huck.

I'll forgive Republican heresy on any other issue, but not this one.

fortilite
12-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Divide and conquer article by warmongers. :rolleyes:

Neo189
12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Huckabee is going down! :D

Jon S
12-16-2007, 09:03 PM
i love how they finally distinguish that ron paul is not left wing and is doing ALL of this from a conservative standpoint. finally they make some sense

Mandrik
12-16-2007, 09:06 PM
He peaked way too early. He's paying the price--big time.

Pete
12-16-2007, 09:07 PM
i love how they finally distinguish that ron paul is not left wing and is doing ALL of this from a conservative standpoint. finally they make some sense

Yes, I was astonished by the respectfulness of the remark.

steph3n
12-16-2007, 09:08 PM

I was surprised too they may be begging for us to come back soon.....they just want money don't do it :D

Mr. White
12-16-2007, 09:09 PM
"

At least when Ron Paul says everything about blowback, and leaving Iraq, it is a far-right wing critique based upon the principles of nonintervention and that America should not be spending money abroad.
"

I'll take that.

bobmurph
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
this needs to be on digg

RP4ME
12-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Granted I want teh war over, and it woudl be nice to repsected by other countries once again but ya know it AINT a popularity contest and HIS foreign policy is based in KEEPING UP WITH APPEARANCES. BA- bye

http://www.redstate.com/blogs/dukelaw/2007/dec/16/huckabee_crossed_that_line

Huckabee crossed that line.
By DukeLaw Posted in Archived — Comments (35) / Email this page » / Leave a comment »
In the post-9/11 Republican Party, there is one line that us conservatives don't cross. We do not critique Bush's handling of foreign policy and national security issues from a leftist perspective. Those who do, like Lincoln Chafee, Chuck Hagel, and Walter Jones, get "primaried".

After improvements in Iraq finally begin to take place and victory appears to be attainable, Mike Huckabee, in his latest Foreign Affairs piece, attacked President Bush's handling of the War on Terror from the left.

The following statements of Hucakebee are all attacks on President Bush from a left-wing perspective:

1. President Bush has an arrogant foreign policy.

2. President Bush has a "bunker mentality".

3. Guantanamo Bay needs to be closed because other people don't like it.

4. Bush is on a path "to war with Iran".

5. We need to negotiate with Iran.

6. Our relationship with Iran is strained, much like "friends who don't talk for some time".

7. A lack of opportunity is the root cause of terrorism.

8. "Much like a top high school student, if it [the US] is modest about its abilities and achievements, if it is generous in helping others, it is loved.”

Wrong party Huck.

I'll forgive Republican heresy on any other issue, but not this one.

hellah10
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM

no f'ing kidding! its about time they open up their eyes and ears

this is beautiful though... just as how we have forseen it :D

Tina
12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
hmm... this could have several meanings. Very interesting.

JPFromTally
12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm glad they see it the correct way... I called a talk show once and described Ron's position as a conservative one. Not a pinko "hate America" one.

bobmurph
12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
digg it:

h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huckabee_Crossed_That_Line

ape
12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
LOL, so talking with Iran is a leftist stance now? Didn't the left all say they would bomb Iran at the debates?

Thomas Paine
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
You're right about Huckabee peaking too early. I can just tell he is going to have a Dean moment and implode after one of the early primaries.

Bertrand
12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Huckabee ain't going down. A lot of Republicans will agree with Huckster on this but still support the war.

Real_CaGeD
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Huckabee ain't going down. A lot of Republicans will agree with Huckster on this but still support the war.

Read some of the other threads at Redstate. "I hate Huckabee" is the new mantra.

It seems as well that the R base doesnt like "The Huckster using religion as a clubb to bash over your head".

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Bobmurph please break that link.

And they used the word "even" to describe Paul. I think this is close to saying Ron Paul is the weirdest Republican, but if they want to talk about him in a positive light so be it.

rasheedwallace
12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
good, he's a wash.

atthegates
12-16-2007, 09:37 PM
first the huckster copies dr paul with wanting to eliminate the IRS. Now he's copying dr paul by criticizing bush's foreign policy. why would anyone vote for this guy?

Drknows
12-16-2007, 09:42 PM
This is what happens when Someone trys to steal and pass off ideas of another as his own.

Huckabee has been trying to carbon copy Ron Paul, he sees all the support hes getting and is trying to steal his message. IRS (which he just wants to replace with another tax) Now foreign policy except he words it like a compassionate liberal who wants to be friends with his enemies before invading their country.

But its not working everyone can see hes a plagiarist.

Ron LOL
12-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I'll take that.

Ditto. I have no problem with that comment.

bobmurph
12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Bobmurph please break that link.

And they used the word "even" to describe Paul. I think this is close to saying Ron Paul is the weirdest Republican, but if they want to talk about him in a positive light so be it.

link broken.

digg people!

h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huckabee_Crossed_That_Line

Qiu
12-16-2007, 09:51 PM
lol number 7, "A lack of opportunity is the root cause of terrorism." is exactly what George Bush said on his aircraft carrier back in 2003.

ursamajor
12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
I really do agree with what RedState is saying. Basically that Paul differs on principle, and Huckabee is all theatrics. It is all language and no facts, no history and no precedent. He is criticizing in a very elementary way. Ron Paul argues his position based on the constitution.

thisisgiparti
12-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Red State still gives me a headache. I appreciate the little concession that Ron Paul makes a little sense (to them) when he talks about 'blowback.' Then they go back to cheerleading for Bush and the war.

Of course, I have no interest in reading Huckabee's article for the CFR, but I found these Red State comments interesting. Huckabee sounds a lot like Obama now, n'est pas? Good on them for calling him out on his Democratic Party sympathies. The quip about choosing candidates with "two tusks v. one horn" was cute.