PDA

View Full Version : potential convert on the ski slopes

Jon S
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
hey everyone. i was out skiing today at monarch mountain and i was riding on the lift with a stranger. noticing the large ron paul for president sticker on my helmet he asked "so i guess you're a pretty big ron paul supporter huh?" and i said "yea i've even donated to his campaign" (im 17 so this was said to shock him a bit)and he said "so what are some of his positions that you like?" and i said "well i could go on forever about this but a few are: he wants to end the war, he wants to return us to sound money so out currency is actually worth something, and he wants to switch us to free market healthcare instead of the government sponsored healthcare thats driving up prices right now" and after i finished saying the healthcare one he said "wow now that is something i could really support" so i told him "well today is supposed to be a pretty big fundraising day for him so you should go online and check him out"

then we reached the top of the lift and parted ways. but i think i may have converted another today

Jon S
12-16-2007, 08:56 PM
wow posts are moving fast today

Jon S
12-16-2007, 08:59 PM
man bump. i can't be the only one that these kind of stories motivate.

Jon S
12-16-2007, 09:00 PM
k this is my last try. i thought it was a good story for the day. i guess posts are comin in too fast

disciple
12-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Actually, yours is a great story and you are very articulate. I think everyone is busy watching the numbers. So don't feel like you are being ignored.

Great job by the way.

qednick
12-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Can't read the posts fast enough - I'm addicted. :D Good job!!!

steph3n
12-16-2007, 09:09 PM
very good :D

daikonv
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
very awesome story. another example of subtle conversions :) all it took to get this started was a sticker fellas. people are curious about dr. paul. if they figure you might know a bit on his positions, they'll come and ask you. great job!

New York For Paul
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I want to convert some folks at Ski Liberty in Pennsylvania. A rather appropriate place for Ron Paul types to go.

boondoggle
12-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Awesome! :)

RP4ME
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
hey everyone. i was out skiing today at monarch mountain and i was riding on the lift with a stranger. noticing the large ron paul for president sticker on my helmet he asked "so i guess you're a pretty big ron paul supporter huh?" and i said "yea i've even donated to his campaign" (im 17 so this was said to shock him a bit)and he said "so what are some of his positions that you like?" and i said "well i could go on forever about this but a few are: he wants to end the war, he wants to return us to sound money so out currency is actually worth something, and he wants to switch us to free market healthcare instead of the government sponsored healthcare thats driving up prices right now" and after i finished saying the healthcare one he said "wow now that is something i could really support" so i told him "well today is supposed to be a pretty big fundraising day for him so you should go online and check him out"

then we reached the top of the lift and parted ways. but i think i may have converted another today

How nice for you taht you get to fit skiing in over RP chit chat! ARGH! Im jealous!

bbachtung
12-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Who says canvassing for RP can't be fun?