PDA

View Full Version : We react a little to fast for some people.

silverhandorder
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM
SC invitation came, but in a period of several hours we have shown no patience. Maybe we can learn from this?

ScotTX
07-05-2007, 01:35 PM
We can let no attack go unanswered. Maybe THEY will learn THEIR lesson.

silverhandorder
07-05-2007, 01:37 PM
I like beltam tho, he responded and seems sencere.

MsDoodahs
We have PASSION for our candidate.

Our fast reaction time is a positive, not a negative.

cajuncocoa
SC invitation came, but in a period of several hours we have shown no patience. Maybe we can learn from this?

I don't understand...:confused:

Dustancostine
07-05-2007, 01:38 PM

I think he is very sincere and I appreciate what he has done immensely.

But on the flip side, his county GOP organization is going to make a killing on this.

--Dustan

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM

You are of course free to form your own opinion - as am I.

Mine is based on Beltam's insult of Dr. Paul, and Beltam's obvoius desire to control others via prohibiting his fellow Spartanburg citizens from hearing the message of liberty that Dr. Paul brings to the table.

silverhandorder
07-05-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't understand...:confused:

I meant that we went over so many theories of how he might be playing us and etc. Simply put he held up his word if we would have given him 2 hours we wouldnt need to waste so many nerves.

On a side note I'm very passionate about RP, I'm finally done with school and going to start getting in contact with my meet up.

Lord Xar
07-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I hope Ron Paul goes. I wonder why his office, ron paul's, did not contact beltram back at all. Can anyone confirm if Ron Paul is gonna go?

jd603
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
The campaign HQ is lagged, that's probably why.

I think they should open up some additional HQs in some other states and just have open communication between them.

I hope Ron Paul goes. I wonder why his office, ron paul's, did not contact beltram back at all. Can anyone confirm if Ron Paul is gonna go?

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
No word yet, they just got the official invite.

Watch the website, they'll announce it there and with a press release once they have the details worked out.

I would HATE to be the person in charge of keeping his schedule straight!

ScotTX
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you think he would have changed his mind if we hadn't bombarded him with calls and emails? NO! They have to know that we're not going to lay down and take that crap. The word is quickly spreading through the GOP...DON"T F*#k WITH RON PAUL.

silverhandorder
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
ScotTX im all for bombardment (while being nice), I meant when he invited RP and did not give the official invite. All I'm saying slow down just a bit. Not for Bedlam but for your selves, don't over work your self.

Dave Wood
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I spoke with Alice at Beltrams place this morning.

She was very kind, not put off or condescending. The people of SC dont like liars and wont tolerate being called one by anyone!! I believe everything she told me to be truthful and sincere. She said THEY were put off by Ron Paul not the other way around. For 4 months she said they have sent correspondence to the campaign and havent received 1 reply. Being in a small southern county like they are, theyre thought was that the RP camp didnt care about them and that is probably why Beltram started grandstanding. There are A LOT of South Carolinians in IRAQ right now and a lot will never come home. Small towns are carrying the burden and I am sure that is why they really want DR Paul to come in town.

PatriotOne
07-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I spoke with Alice at Beltrams place this morning.

She was very kind, not put off or condescending. The people of SC dont like liars and wont tolerate being called one by anyone!! I believe everything she told me to be truthful and sincere. She said THEY were put off by Ron Paul not the other way around. For 4 months she said they have sent correspondence to the campaign and havent received 1 reply. Being in a small southern county like they are, theyre thought was that the RP camp didnt care about them and that is probably why Beltram started grandstanding. There are A LOT of South Carolinians in IRAQ right now and a lot will never come home. Small towns are carrying the burden and I am sure that is why they really want DR Paul to come in town.

If true, that's unfortunate and no doubt due to CM being overwhelmed and underprepared for the RP phenom. Perhaps they can start sending their invites to us instead. We can answer the mail quite quickly ....LOL ;)

ecliptic
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe we need to establish how the Ron Paul headquarters can improve it's capabilities. Do they need volunteers to help move to the new office?
Can they use additional volunteers in headquarters?
Is a satellite office a possible help?
Definitely more donations won't hurt...
Are apologies in order to the SC GOP?

Fortunately this occurred so early that we have time to adjust and learn. I think the point about reacting too quickly is valid.

pazzo83
07-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I'd be willing to volunteer to work in an office in SC or NC. I'm sure many would do the same. Are they willing to set up satellite offices?

Slugg
07-05-2007, 03:21 PM

I think it may be an inherent flaw in grassroots campaigning. We say, "Here's a 'bad guy'..go get 'em..." And many do....

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 03:25 PM
The guy in SC did exactly what he said he would do and I appreciate his honesty and integrity.

It sounds like they were peeved because they had been sending invitations to the Ron Paul HQ general email and since it is so very backed up, no one has been getting back to them for MONTHS.

This one sounds like it is OUR fault, folks. But, we did good. We got to the bottom of it nicely and this immediate situation is rectified.

I wonder how often this is happening though. I agree with jd603, it seems to me that volunteers in other states could be utilized to help out with some of the various backlogs. But, then again, what do I know.

ecliptic
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Since they've already obtained a nice roomy new location it only makes sense to keep it under one roof for a clear "chain of command" and better organization. I think the solution is D.C. area volunteers with good skills. There ought to be a large pool of people who can help. Perhaps since the RP followers have been given a reputation ( deserved or not ) of "spamming all over the net" it's possible they are suffering under an attack of "counterspam" from various opposition elements?

PatriotOne
07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
This one sounds like it is OUR fault, folks. But, we did good. We got to the bottom of it nicely and this immediate situation is rectified.

Mr. Beltram certainly could have voiced his complaint honestly instead of this:

“He can stay home.... [T]he door’s closed for him. I’m not going to extend him an invitation to come here because he has managed to insult and in many ways abuse Republican activists with his strident lingo. When he attacked Bush, that we created 9/11 - that’s an absolute lunatic talking.”

I'm just glad all is well now regardless.

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 03:43 PM
GMTA?

I just went to find that quote, lol.

Dave Wood
07-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Beltram was just saving face,

He has people in his county that want to hear from the Doctor and he couldnt produce him for them. Its that simple. Communication is something we are going to have to work on FAST.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. His secretary did not need to give me his cell phone number and when he answered the phone, he certainly did not need to be as courteous as he was to me. Then, apparently he followed through with exactly what he told me he would do.

beermotor
07-05-2007, 04:50 PM
The campaign HQ is lagged, that's probably why.

I think they should open up some additional HQs in some other states and just have open communication between them.

SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

Roxi
07-05-2007, 05:05 PM

key word seems sincere dont you think it odd that he says headquarters have not responded and he couldnt get an answer...i think this is bullshit....i have gotten ahold of headquarters many times and any email i have sent has been responded to within a few hours most within 20 min

Dave Wood
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I have sent info to headquarters several times and have waited in vain for a response. Just my .2 cents worth. I believe him, having family for generations from SC, I must say, they DO POSTURE but they dont LIE. Give the old south a break, he wouldnt have even raised RON PAULS name if there werent a lot of his fellow county people asking him to get DR. PAUL so they could feel him out and voice their concerns! A lot of South Carolinians have died and are maimed from these overseas adventures. There are a lot of single mothers there that didnt plan to be!! They FEEL it. He is the only Republican that has come out forcefully against the Iraq war and has his rhetoric backed up by his VOTE! They are curios and want to see his plan. Give Beltram a break, they sounded happier than a pig in you know what, that they received so much attention from this campaign. Just let it flow, they want him there, Paul has to win that state, nuff said.

american.swan
07-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Is it possible to set up an Online office staffed by "skype" users or home phones, whatever is comfortable. I think skype should have the ability and with email setting up a first ever online based distributed network call center for Ron Paul would be doable at some point.

With technology, more headquarters isn't needed. One large online community distributed network could do the job, and passionately for free. :D

Something to think about.

Maybe we need to establish how the Ron Paul headquarters can improve it's capabilities. Do they need volunteers to help move to the new office?
Can they use additional volunteers in headquarters?
Is a satellite office a possible help?
Definitely more donations won't hurt...
Are apologies in order to the SC GOP?

Fortunately this occurred so early that we have time to adjust and learn. I think the point about reacting too quickly is valid.