PDA

View Full Version : Formal Invitation Issued!

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 01:09 PM
to South Carolina!

No word yet on details - HQ will issue a press release AND put info up on the official website AS SOON AS they have them.

GOOD WORK PEOPLE!!!!

MGS
07-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I knew we could do it. I must also say it was great that everyone was cordial and polite this time!

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I knew we could do it. I must also say it was great that everyone was cordial and polite this time!

We need to spread the word that this is the tried and true winning tactic. Kell them with kindness and let Dr. Paul's message speak for itself. It's a grand new day for our electorate!!

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Hoorah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dustancostine
07-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Whoooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angrydragon
07-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Good for Ron. I bet they (Beltram) didn't want another showing like the Ron Paul rally in Iowa.

Beltram should listen to Rusell Kirk.

"Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace comes to pass in an era of Righteousness -- that is, national or ideological self-righteousness in which the public is persuaded that ‘God is on our side,’ and that those who disagree should be brought here before the bar as war criminals."

Founder of American conservatism

http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods69.html

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 01:23 PM
alright!!!

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I plan to bring 4-6 adults and maybe 2 kids with me to it. Who else is in? We need at least 5K of pro Paul, positive, smiling, nice, intelligent people to send the proper message

cajuncocoa
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
AWESOME!!

guntherg16
07-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I plan to bring 4-6 adults and maybe 2 kids with me to it. Who else is in? We need at least 5K of pro Paul, positive, smiling, nice, intelligent people to send the proper message

I may be there depending on when it is.

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
To anyone in the Greenville/Spartanburg areas of the Great State of South Carolina:

Which newspaper is the most widely read in your area?

Thanks!

Razmear
07-05-2007, 01:38 PM
If you do go to Spartanburg, I'd suggest a caravan up the Interstate 85/ SC RT 29 corridor, hitting Clemson, Anderson, Greenville, Greer and Spartanburg, along with the surrounding towns.
I think your going to make more headway in the diners and meeting the locals directly than in this single GOP event.
The Anderson Jockey Lot (Flea Market) on RT29 has a bigger crowd at 9am on a Saturday than a dozen GOP events combined.
There is a great chance to 'press the flesh' in the Upstate if the good Doctor takes a 3 day weekend in the area and tours the local businesses.

eb

Razmear
07-05-2007, 01:40 PM
To anyone in the Greenville/Spartanburg areas of the Great State of South Carolina:

Which newspaper is the most widely read in your area?

Thanks!

I believe it would be The Greenville News

http://greenvilleonline.com

eb

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 01:43 PM
If you do go to Spartanburg, I'd suggest a caravan up the Interstate 85/ SC RT 29 corridor, hitting Clemson, Anderson, Greenville, Greer and Spartanburg, along with the surrounding towns.
I think your going to make more headway in the diners and meeting the locals directly than in this single GOP event.
The Anderson Jockey Lot (Flea Market) on RT29 has a bigger crowd at 9am on a Saturday than a dozen GOP events combined.
There is a great chance to 'press the flesh' in the Upstate if the good Doctor takes a 3 day weekend in the area and tours the local businesses.

eb

ONG!! I bought golf clubs at the Anderson Jocky Lot!!

I agree with you tho! The "Folksy" approach will wind not only minds, but empassioned hearts

CAKochenash
07-05-2007, 01:48 PM
so which mountain can this campaign NOT climb?

pazzo83
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
We probably should get something written in the Charlotte Observer (www.charlotte.com), Columbia SC's newspaper The State (www.thestate.com), and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (www.ajc.com) as well.

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
so which mountain can this campaign NOT climb?

Mt. "Shootourselvesinthefoot" in terms of our internal supporters going too far in some things (spamming, rude calls to homes, etc.)

I think we showed that the high road not only can change minds, but open doors too.

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
We probably should get something written in the Charlotte Observer (www.charlotte.com), Columbia SC's newspaper The State (www.thestate.com), and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (www.ajc.com) as well.

Don't forget the anti-war bastion of Ashville NC too. HUGE opportunity here folks.

pazzo83
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Don't forget the anti-war bastion of Ashville NC too. HUGE opportunity here folks.

Great great point:

Asheville Citizen-Times (www.citizen-times.com)

FSP-Rebel
07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Good business yall

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Good business yall

as my little girls have been saying...

"Ron Paul Ya'll, vote for liberty!"

lol

CJLauderdale4
07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
as my little girls have been saying...

"Ron Paul Ya'll, vote for liberty!"

lol

I love it!!!

Ron Paul, Y'all!!!

LOL!!

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I love it!!!

Ron Paul, Y'all!!!

LOL!!

We can't claim credit tho, think we saw it on a hat somewhere. There is a water tower near here that says "Florence Ya'll" and we giggle at it when we go by (originally from the great white north of Syracuse NY).

So the hat phrase stuck with them. It's so cute when they say it!:D

Richie
07-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Formally invited to what? o_O

rich34
07-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Ron Paul apparently has been formally invited to speak at an event just for him in Spartansburg SC.

For those in the know please post date and time of this event asap so I can make plans asap :)

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
As important as I think it is for RP to visit SC, I do hope the schedule is sensible and not excessivly tiring considering his upcoming west coast appearances.

Dave Wood
07-05-2007, 03:00 PM
I spoke with Alice at Beltrams place this morning.

She was very kind, not put off or condescending. The people of SC dont like liars and wont tolerate being called one by anyone!! I believe everything she told me to be truthful and sincere. She said THEY were put off by Ron Paul not the other way around. For 4 months she said they have sent correspondence to the campaign and havent received 1 reply. Being in a small southern county like they are, theyre thought was that the RP camp didnt care about them and that is probably why Beltram started grandstanding. There are A LOT of South Carolinians in IRAQ right now and a lot will never come home. Small towns are carrying the burden and I am sure that is why they really want DR Paul to come in town.

Sorry to cut and paste but I wish the SC people would speak up here and LEARN YALL a bit about what it is like there. There was a reason Beltram did what he did and I am sure it wasnt for revenge or exclusion.

Razmear
07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I invite you to google "Rick Beltram" to see just how respected he is in this area. He has been generating hate mail as far back as 2003 for being an arrogant little prick.
I would not put it past him to set up an event with 10 people in attendance just to make Ron Paul look bad.
So, yes, take him up on the invitation, but only make his event a small part of a greater SC tour, and don't believe everything that he, or his office say.

eb

Bradley in DC
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
She said THEY were put off by Ron Paul not the other way around. For 4 months she said they have sent correspondence to the campaign and havent received 1 reply. Being in a small southern county like they are, theyre thought was that the RP camp didnt care about them and that is probably why Beltram started grandstanding.

One more good reason NOT to email the campaign and it's staff (they are overwhelmed and can't keep up).

UCFGavin
I invite you to google "Rick Beltram" to see just how respected he is in this area. He has been generating hate mail as far back as 2003 for being an arrogant little prick.
I would not put it past him to set up an event with 10 people in attendance just to make Ron Paul look bad.
So, yes, take him up on the invitation, but only make his event a small part of a greater SC tour, and don't believe everything that he, or his office say.

eb

well considering the support dr. paul is able to generate, he will have a very difficult time only having 10 people there.

LibertyEagle
Ron Paul headquarters is SO backed up on their general email. The guy I talked to in HQ today told me they were completely snowed under with this mail.

I wonder if they've even seen it.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 03:21 PM
One more good reason NOT to email the campaign and it's staff (they are overwhelmed and can't keep up).

Bradley....

Why couldn't there be another office in Texas, for example, where the rents are much cheaper? I'm sure there would be a plethora of volunteers who would like nothing better than to help out. Emails could be responded to and ones that need HQ attention could be forwarded on to them.

Dave Wood
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Razmear,

you are in SC? If so, might it be possible for some of the more senior members from SC to educate the people from out of state a little about how to reach the hearts and mind of South Carolinians without majorly pissing them off before heading down or over there to rallies or activities. Just an idea

ecliptic
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
There have to be dozens of potential volunteers in the D.C. area who are well-qualified to help the headquarters cope with the workload... though I'm sure that knowing who you can trust in a town like D.C. isn't easy.

rich34
07-05-2007, 03:53 PM
If you're coming from up north just stop at DEI headquarters in Mooresville NC and buy you an Earnhardt t-shirt. They'll welcome you as one of their own then:D

I'll be wearing my #3 Earnhardt hat when I go!

Razmear,

you are in SC? If so, might it be possible for some of the more senior members from SC to educate the people from out of state a little about how to reach the hearts and mind of South Carolinians without majorly pissing them off before heading down or over there to rallies or activities. Just an idea

Lord Xar
07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Ron Paul headquarters is SO backed up on their general email. The guy I talked to in HQ today told me they were completely snowed under with this mail.

I wonder if they've even seen it.

This is a concern of mine. They shouldn't be backed up as a careful planner and manager would have prepared for this.

Razmear
07-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Razmear,

I'm a transplanted Yankee from Vermont, so I'm not sure I'd be the best man for knowing how to reach their hearts and minds, from a southern perspective. One thing I know they do not like it Yankees trying to act southern, so a New Yorker saying Y'all would be considered to be mocking them and not appreciated.

This is also a state where the most commonly sighted front license plate will read "Buckle Up With Jesus", so be prepared for a religious culture shock if your not from the Bible Belt.

eb

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm Southern, not from SC myself ... but my people hail from Union County. :D

May or may not be able to attend if this thing comes to pass.

If I do, I KNOW how to behave myself and respect my surroundings.

I KNOW how to respect my elders.

I KNOW how to say YES SIR and YES MA'AM.

I KNOW how to not curse.

I KNOW how to respect the views of others and offer information without being pushy.

I would venture to guess that most people here know the same things...

Razmear
07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Bump so dupe threads aren't made.

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Do these forums have the ability to lock topics from further replies? When a duplicate topic hows up, just lock it. The author doesn't get confused, and post another dupe. And the old (locked) dupe will work it's way down to the bottom.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 10:54 PM
bump