PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul Has No Chance To Win -- I'm Voting The Lesser of Two Evils"

nayjevin
07-05-2007, 12:38 PM
A friend of mine gave the following advice for dealing with these people:

if you want to influence someone
A. make them comfortable
B. make them like you

you won't convince them by making them feel like you have won the argument

-- make them feel like you and they are in a mutual search for the truth. a good

question is a more powerful tool of influence than a good statement.

"Ron Paul has no chance of winning"

I understand. But we're not voting on the super bowl -- isn't it our

responsibility to vote for what we think is best? democracy won't work if we

don't vote for what we think is best. Our job is not to pick the winner of the

horserace -- it's to pick from our conscience who is the best. If we all vote for

who we think can win, doesn't the media choose our vote? very few of us trust

the media anymore..."

atilla
07-05-2007, 12:45 PM
A friend of mine gave the following advice for dealing with these people:
if ron paul doesn't win the nomination, i'm voting for the greatest of however many evils are in the running. if they don't want to be free, let's burn the house down, we can rebuild it but they can't.

Ava
07-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Exactly, I use the same argument. If you vote according to the polls or the media, then you essentially let the pollsters and the media owners decide your vote. I like the part about making it into a good question too, that makes it less confrontational.

Oddball
07-05-2007, 01:05 PM
"Do you really think your one, single, (1) vote is going to tip the balance for one candidate over the other?"

"Do make all the other decisions in your life based upon fear of consequenses, rather than your most desired outcomes?"

glts
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."
John Quincy Adams

smtwngrl
07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I'd have to say...."The last time I did that, we got Bush."

My vote for the so-called lesser of two evils in November 2000 (I didn't vote for him in the primaries) is a mistake I will never make again.

If Ron Paul isn't in the race after the primaries, I will write his name in for the General Election.

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
When someone says to me "Ron Paul doesn't have a chance", I tell them I hear that so much that if everybody who says that would vote for him, he would win by a landslide!

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 01:27 PM
When someone says to me "Ron Paul doesn't have a chance", I tell them I hear that so much that if everybody who says that would vote for him, he would win by a landslide!

I like it!! May I steal it? lol

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I like it!! May I steal it? lol

please do! :)

Slugg
07-05-2007, 01:29 PM

I say the same thing....and I totally agree. Deep down, most people love Ron Paul's message, but they just don't want to 'waste their vote.' I usually focus on the idea, "If your not voting for the best Candidate out there, then your part of the problem. And believe me, I was a big part of the problem!"

JoshLowry
07-05-2007, 01:30 PM
"Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul in 2008."

Need some shirts/bumper stickers ;)

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
if ron paul doesn't win the nomination, i'm voting for the greatest of however many evils are in the running. if they don't want to be free, let's burn the house down, we can rebuild it but they can't.

What are you implying with this "burn the house down" thing? This is not something that Ron Paul advocates, you know.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."
John Quincy Adams

Think of Ron Paul. Does he weigh whether or not a bill is going to pass before he casts his "no" vote? He would be another nobody Congressman if he voted with the pack instead of on his beliefs.

How do you want to be known, as a nobody in the crowd, or as the person who stood alone for what he believed in?

(This group has an easy time answering that question. If they inspected the brains of Ron Paul supporters vs Giuliani supporters, they would find them structurally different. We are independent and resent even fellow RP supporters telling us what to do. We cannot fathom the herd mentality of other people, but it's real.)

atilla
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
What are you implying with this "burn the house down" thing? This is not something that Ron Paul advocates, you know.

dude, i'm not Ron Paul;)

Dustancostine
07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
When someone says that he has no chance to win I look them dead in the eyes and tell them seriously as I can "Yes he does".

Then I show/tell them about the meetup groups and the polls after the debates and usually that convinces them.

I learned in sales that you can't sale something you have no conviction in. If you show other people that you believe Ron Paul will win, they will believe you. You just have to be committed to it.

--Dustan

Bro.Butch
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Think of Ron Paul. Does he weigh whether or not a bill is going to pass before he casts his "no" vote? He would be another nobody Congressman if he voted with the pack instead of on his beliefs.

How do you want to be known, as a nobody in the crowd, or as the person who stood alone for what he believed in?

(This group has an easy time answering that question. If they inspected the brains of Ron Paul supporters vs Giuliani supporters, they would find them structurally different. We are independent and resent even fellow RP supporters telling us what to do. We cannot fathom the herd mentality of other people, but it's real.)

U GO GIRL-lol;

U R 100% correct !!!

The masses are a//es DON'T BE APART OF THE HERD...