PDA

View Full Version : Say No Thanks To Rick Beltham and Go To Greenville, SC

Razmear
07-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Copied from my post in the other thread:

If RP is planning on going to Upstate SC, and I hope he does, he should speak in Greenville, not Spartanburg.
Greenville is about 5 miles from Spartanburg, has much nicer facilities, is more accessible via highways to the rest of the upstate, and frankly has a much lower crime rate.
I think the "invite" is incredibly insincere and is probably being made just to get folks to stop bugging him. I would not agree to his terms, and would go to Greenville where I am sure you will get a much better reception.
Also the Greenville SC Meetup group is very active and willing to help any way it can.

Best Regards,
Eric Burke
Anderson, SC (30mi south of Greenville)

---

I will contact the Greenville meetup coordinator and see if she can contact RP HQ, does anyone have the contact info that I should send her? You can pm me or email me off list if you don't want it publicly posted.

There are over 50 people active in the Greenville meetup group who are willing to support a Ron Paul visit to the area, and many more around who are not part of the meetup group.

Greenville is the major city in Upstate SC, not Spartanburg, just take a look at any map. In Greenville you have access to a sporting event sized arena (The Bi-Lo Center), in Spartanburg your looking at an Elks Lodge sized arena at best.

So, please say thanks but no thanks to this self serving offer from Rick Beltham (aka Mr Potato Head), and make plans to go to Greenville.

eb

DjLoTi
07-05-2007, 11:47 AM
You know what I say? I say... do both. That's what I say.

But I don't say diss Spartanburg. No one likes to be dissed. Just IMO

beermotor
07-05-2007, 11:48 AM
If they're 5 miles apart, do 'em both. He only gets one hour in Spartanburg anyhow. Speak to anyone who will listen. Impromptu Paulapalooza again?!

Yarrrr I might drive up to that one...

pazzo83
07-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Do'em both. Make it a Ron Paul SC weekend!!

Dave Wood
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Eric,

my SC brother...do BOTH they arent far from one another. I spoke to Alice at Beltrams office and the invite is very sincere. They have been contacting the campaign for 4 months without receiving even 1 reply, they were pissed!!

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I concur, do both and add Atlanta and Charlotte and Asheville while we are at it!

beermotor
07-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I concur, do both and add Atlanta and Charlotte and Asheville while we are at it!

Haha ... yeah awesome. I'll drive around for that one! Cobb County GOP BABY. He came in Second in the straw poll there - would be great if he could stop by and give a speech in thanks!

Ava
07-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Definitely do both. We shouldn't avoid people who are not on our side, but educate them and help them join us.

LibertyBelle
07-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Why not go to both since he would already be there? Also, wouldn't want to give Beltram ammunition by RP rejecting the offer. He would go all out to slam RP, since he was not at the first Spartanburg event. We need to reach the Spartanburg people, too. Let's not ignore them because of Beltram.

By the way Eric, graduated from Clemson. Go Tigers!

Razmear
07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
OK, I can agree with doing both, but I think just doing Spartanburg, and only under the strict conditions set forth by Beltram, would be a wasted trip, and not even a blip on the local news here.
We don't need to bend to the rules of each local tyrant GOP head, and don't think that your going to get Rick to change his mind, he has already been assimilated into the NeoCon Hive.

eb

hells_unicorn
07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Do them both, do any area where you can get attention, the more the better. And when you are done there, come up to Philadelphia, Michael Smirkonish has already extended a very sincere invitation and you have upwards of 180 people in two meet-ups in the area.

LibertyBelle
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
OK, I can agree with doing both, but I think just doing Spartanburg, and only under the strict conditions set forth by Beltram, would be a wasted trip, and not even a blip on the local news here.
We don't need to bend to the rules of each local tyrant GOP head, and don't think that your going to get Rick to change his mind, he has already been assimilated into the NeoCon Hive.

eb

Agreed that he has been assimilated and I don't think he is going to change his mind, but other people might! He's a jerk and control freak if you ask me. RP really does need to go to both, and not just Spartanburg. He should also ask for a say on the conditions. Beltram sounds like he is a wannabe dictator.

FSP-Rebel
07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
As much as Paul is a great statesman, it seems like he could miss a few house votes every once and awhile and do some more campaign stops. The more the better. It's not like his one vote is gonna change anything. Although, he would want to be available on important legislation.

angelatc
07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Eric,

my SC brother...do BOTH they arent far from one another. I spoke to Alice at Beltrams office and the invite is very sincere. They have been contacting the campaign for 4 months without receiving even 1 reply, they were pissed!!

The more I read about this, the more I think that Beltran is crazy like a fox. I have to respect that.

His staff couldn't get a response, he saw that snubbing seems to illicit a response, so he gave it a go.

We need him on our side.

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I spoke with two different people at RP campaign headquarters this morning.

BOTH of them indicated that they did not rec'v any invitations - which is not at all what Mr. Beltram is busy claiming.

I believe RP campaign HQ over Beltram every time.

FSUSeminolesR#1
07-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Dont worry about the past and who invited who or who didnt invite who. I say if they extended the olive branch and gave an invitation, TAKE IT!!!

Dr. Paul should absolutely do BOTH. More Pub for the good Doctor!!! He is a grown man, he can handle anything they throw at him question wise.

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Sure, but the question is:

Did Beltram EVER issue a formal invite to the Paul Campaign?

eta: yes, Beltram DID issue a FORMAL invite today to the campaign HQ! Decision on whether or not/when/all that jazzy stuff will be announced at the website as soon as they know if they'll be able to make it and some details.

HURRAY!

wbbgjr
07-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Ron Paul should definitely do both, time permitting. I think we should be in business of making friends out of enemies. Shunning Rick Beltram now would not be productive.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Ok... we ASKED the man to issue a formal invitation. It would be rude at this point to turn him down.

If Dr. Paul wants to do both, that would be great. But, Spartanburg should not be dissed.

cajuncocoa
07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I agree. He should go to Spartanburg if invited. Remember, there may be many undecided voters there who want to see him, even if their GOP County Chairman thought he could make that decision for them.

I also posted the email from Beltram on my Blog (http://unofficial-ronpaul2008blog.blogspot.com/2007/07/response-from-rick-beltram.html). Please Digg it![/QUOTE]

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I agree. He should go to Spartanburg if invited. Remember, there may be many undecided voters there who want to see him, even if their GOP County Chairman thought he could make that decision for them.

I also posted the email from Beltram on my Blog (http://unofficial-ronpaul2008blog.blogspot.com/2007/07/response-from-rick-beltram.html). Please Digg it![/QUOTE]

looks like the invite is on the way. see the other thread

Razmear
07-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Bump2

quickmike
07-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Both.....................yeah, both. Do both, thats what I say.

Razmear
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Bump to prevent dupes

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Everybody is saying it, so I will too. DO BOTH.

Don't shun Spartanburg now after we made a big effort to get Ron Paul there...

South Carolina is a key state, Ron Paul needs to campaign as much as possible in SC.

So doing both locations, and maybe more if possible, seems like the logical thing to do.

Razmear
07-05-2007, 11:25 PM
If he was to follow Interstate 85 for the 100 or so miles that it goes thru the state, he would hit every major city in the Upstate and reach a lot of receptive voters in SC.
This route covers Clemson (home of Clemson University), Anderson, Greenville, Greer and Spartanburg, as well as many small towns on the way.
This is a very Blue Collar part of the state that has been hit by a lot of Mill closings due to jobs being sent overseas. We don't like NAFTA/CAFTA in this neck of the woods.

eb

specsaregood
07-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I look forward to the impending South Carolina Ron Paul freedom tour and my inability to resist driving down to attend.

Razmear
07-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Bump to match news

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
This Spartanburg invitation is important. Ron Paul needs to maintain the image of heading a campaign that overcomes obstacles and convinces skeptics.