PDA

View Full Version : Why are people waiting?

Pii
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I see messages all over the place indicating that people are still waiting to make their donations... This is a huge mistake!

For starters, there have been reports all afternoon that the donation site is hammered, and it may take multiple attempts to make your donation.

That said, if all of the normal supporters jam up the site during the late evening push, it may prevent a new donor being able to make a contribution in time to meet the deadline.

Plus, rampant donations create a positive feedback loop, and increase the likelihood that news stories will get out prior to midnight, and that people who were not planning to donate might be encouraged to do so.

Pony up people... We have no shot at $10M today if we don't get close enough that people start to believe we can make it!

Cigaboo
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Good points. I'm not sure what the advantage is in withholding donations until the last second. The sooner, the better.

tomveil
12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Meetup party! That's a good reason ;)

I see what you're saying, but the total is going to be the biggest deal. And we've got suprises :D

The Only Woj
12-16-2007, 08:33 PM
how do you know people are withholding?

Granat
12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
One thing to note:

If people all wait till the very last minute, the servers may get bogged down and people will not be able to donate on time.

Please, use good judgment and don't wait till the very last second; at least start at 11pm EST.

Lets make history!

how do you know people are withholding?

There has been much talk of people waiting till the last hour to make their donation, kind of a "mini-bomb."

fortilite
12-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Why are people waiting?

To be annoying.

Eric23
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Because I can?

rs3515
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Anyone notice problems with attempting to donate using Firefox? I keep getting Javascript errors and unable to submit the form.

xao
12-16-2007, 09:23 PM
You can donate by phone, paypal, etc. And I would do it now!

I gave a hundred bucks about 10 minutes ago and about a grand earlier.