Anybody know what the plans are?

hawkeyenick
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Anybody know what the plans are?

all of it

why even ask?

Adamsa
12-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Advertising the crap out of Iowa, NH and SC I should think.

Joey Wahoo
12-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Advertising the crap out of Iowa, NH and SC I should think.

We couldn't spend this much on ads in NH and Iowa even if we wanted to. Obama. Willard and Mrs. Clinton have run thousands of commercials in Iowa and have only spent $3-4 million on ads. (someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going off memory).

We are in a league by ourselves with this much dough so close to the election.

Joey Wahoo
12-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Here are details on TV ad spending in Iowa, from last week.

This illustrates how far the money we've raised will go:

"Mitt Romney has saturated the airwaves with campaign ads. Romney has invested $4.1 million to
run more than 7,000 ads in the Hawkeye State, while Huckabee’s
television advertising buys has been negligible. Former Tennessee Sen.
Fred Thompson trails a distant second to Romney in Iowa in terms of
ad buys with around 1,050 campaign commercials aired at a cost of
$600,000."

On the Democrat side:

Most of the money is being spent by the three Democratic frontrunners,
who view a win in Iowa as important in the march to their party’s
presidential nomination.

"Leading the pack is Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who has run nearly
8,000 television ads this year at a cost of more than $4 million,
according to an analysis conducted by TNS Media Intelligence/CMAG,
CNN’s consultant on television ad spending. Meanwhile, New York Sen.
Hillary Clinton has spent $3 million on 5,100-plus ads, and former North
Carolina Sen. John Edwards has devoted $1.3 million to air more than
2,000 ads

wgadget
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I heard he was going to have a national commercial made by Aravoth and the other one (eLiberty?), and something about spending $2million on a Super Bowl ad? Could've just been rumors...

Whatever it is, you can bet he'll spend it wisely.

hawkeyenick
12-16-2007, 06:48 PM
I heard he was going to have a national commercial made by Aravoth and the other one (eLiberty?), and something about spending $2million on a Super Bowl ad? Could've just been rumors...

Whatever it is, you can bet he'll spend it wisely.

superbowl ad is a waste of resources...not cash efficient

new years @ times square is where it's at!

Adamsa
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM
We couldn't spend this much on ads in NH and Iowa even if we wanted to. Obama. Willard and Mrs. Clinton have run thousands of commercials in Iowa and have only spent $3-4 million on ads. (someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going off memory).

We are in a league by ourselves with this much dough so close to the election.

So what can be done with it?

FireofLiberty
12-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't think political ads are allowed to be shown during the Superbowl.

FireofLiberty
12-16-2007, 06:55 PM

An ad during the New Years Eve TV coverage isn't a bad idea at all, especially if the ad is tailored to the event. For example, Ron could wish everyone a happy New Year and talk about the need to begin putting the country back on the right track in the new year.

hawkeyenick
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
An ad during the New Years Eve TV coverage isn't a bad idea at all, especially if the ad is tailored to the event. For example, Ron could wish everyone a happy New Year and talk about the need to begin putting the country back on the right track in the new year.

no, I'm talking about the new york meetup bringing signs and being proactive mixed with the billboards showing Dr. Pauls name in the background of the count

Ann Kobialka
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
There is a 25 state super Tuesday event coming up in 6 weeks folks thats were the money will be spent. Plus all the regular expenses of running a NATIONAL campaign. Offices, supplies, and people on the payroll. Travell for the campaign and of course the new rumor I'm about to start. A new pair of HIGH TOP addidas for Dr. Paul for the states with snow. Ann

Luther
12-16-2007, 07:14 PM

I agree.

Libertarian
12-16-2007, 07:38 PM

What would really be awesome is renting that HUGE billboard that everybody sees at the New Years Party in NYC. In addition to 1 million+ New Yorkers who will be standing underneath it, many millions more will see it on all the networks. :)