PDA

View Full Version : Our Children and our family Campaign

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 11:02 AM
My wife and I have spent most evenings quickly writing a simple "who is Ron Paul?" and RONPAUL2008.com notes on all of our FRN's.

Our little girls saw this and decided to write their own notes on scrap paper.

Little did we know, they also brought them shopping with Mom and started campaigning for Dr Paul by handing them out! LOL.

They even said (I am totally serious here!)

"Ron Paul Ya'll! Vote for liberty!" LMAO!!!

But guess what?? It freaking works! Most folks said "How Cute, and we'll have to check out his website!"

yay!!!!

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Very cool!

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Who can resist the cuteness? Good work, girls!;)

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 11:12 AM
LOL, They were written in red crayon on torn strips of loose leaf paper. My girls DO rule!!!

Ron Paul Ya'll....Vote for liberty!

austinphish
07-05-2007, 11:12 AM
that is too funny. I love my parents, but they never taught me anything about politics. i am now the one teaching them. they are tough to crack though :)

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 11:16 AM
that is too funny. I love my parents, but they never taught me anything about politics. i am now the one teaching them. they are tough to crack though :)

try this book! It's a perfect childrens story for lovers of liberty. I try to spread the word as much as I can.

Charming satirical stories to help children understand freedom

This appealing children's book proved so popular that it has been translated into Dutch, Lithuanian, Romanian, Russian and Serbian. It has been praised by friends of freedom across the United States and Europe.

In the book, Jonathan Gullible, a boy old enough to sail a small boat on his own, is swept by a storm to a strange island. He has 39 adventures discovering a bizarre world where people have abandoned personal responsibility, and politicians scramble to control a crooked government whose bureaucrats tell everyone what to do.

It's a world of Food Police, a Dream Machine, Master Politician, Bureau of Idea Control, Immorals Department, a Bazaar of Governments, Pavilion of Special Interests and a Democracy Gang, among other attractions. With a sly sense of humor recalling witty satires of the great Frederic Bastiat, Schoolland exposes the idiocy of protectionism, inflation, welfare, rent control, occupational licensing, taxes and other forms of government intervention.

For example, a young woman explained zoning to Jonathan: "The Council draws lines on a map of the town. People are allowed to sleep on one side of the line at night, but they must work on the other side during the day... usually work buildings are located across town from sleep buildings so that everyone needs to travel a long way every morning and evening."

Karl Hess, author of Capitalism for Kids, declared this to be "a fine book for promoting free market ideas for young people."

118 pages

kylejack
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
That is painfully adorable and touching. Thanks for this story.

atilla
07-05-2007, 11:26 AM
try this book! It's a perfect childrens story for lovers of liberty. I try to spread the word as much as I can.

Karl Hess, author of Capitalism for Kids, declared this to be "a fine book for promoting free market ideas for young people."

118 pages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Hess

As a one-time speechwriter for Barry Goldwater, Hess explored ideology and politics and attracted some public interest. He is widely credited with writing the (in)famous line, "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue," but revealed that he had encountered it in a letter from Lincoln historian Harry Jaffa and later learned it was a paraphrase of a passage from Cicero.[2] Hess was also the primary author of the Republican Party's 1960 and 1964 platforms. He later called this his "Cold Warrior" phase.