PDA

View Full Version : Report the error in reporting on CNN Now,

JenH88
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form6a.html?2

Takes 5 minutes and really gets the point across.

The money we have raised today is not pledges- this is real time cash in the bank.

The program is CNN Newsroom. 7pm est.

jrich4rpaul
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Sent

JenH88
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Sent

Ty. *blimpity*

paulforpaul
12-16-2007, 06:29 PM
done

ionlyknowy
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
you guys need to cool it... this is the only coverage we have gotten today about the teaparty.

Reporters are apprehensive to report on us because if they get one detail wrong then we flood their inboxes... so they just opt to not report on what we do... period.

JenH88
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
you guys need to cool it... this is the only coverage we have gotten today about the teaparty.

Reporters are apprehensive to report on us because if they get one detail wrong then we flood their inboxes... so they just opt to not report on what we do... period.

Ohhh cccooomeeee ooonnnn, they made the same mistake the last money bomb- and why would we encourage NEWS REPORTERS not doing, ya know, their job... researching... :rolleyes:

chrismatthews
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Sounds like a strong argument to get the facts right instead of halfassing it to me.

burningfur
did it

I just stated a fact, i didn't harass them.

Revolutn
Done.

justatrey
Sent, thanks for link.

freedom-maniac
12-16-2007, 06:35 PM

You've certainily got a point there.

derdy
12-16-2007, 06:35 PM
sent

cska80
12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Sent.

JohnnyWrath
12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
done

CelestialRender
12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Sent. Thanked for covering, corrected the errors. Everyone remember to be polite, please.

CelestialRender
12-16-2007, 06:40 PM

I appreciate the dissenting opinion, but the fact is that this is their job. They need to get their facts right, or else they're worth nothing to anyone.

I answer calls for a living -- I can't not answer a customer's call just because I'm worried I'll make a mistake. I just have to strive to do better, so that I don't have mistakes to complain about.

JenH88
12-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I appreciate the dissenting opinion, but the fact is that this is their job. They need to get their facts right, or else they're worth nothing to anyone.

I answer calls for a living -- I can't not answer a customer's call just because I'm worried I'll make a mistake. I just have to strive to do better, so that I don't have mistakes to complain about.

Right. This form is on CNN's website for a reason, obviously they want people to report the errors. Plus, let them get away with this? Any 8 year old could go on google and figure out this isn't pledges- they make more than enough money, they should be expected to do their job...

ionlyknowy
12-16-2007, 06:44 PM

there have been reports that news office(s) are keeping a running list of all of the things that RP supporters have called them in comment sections as well as emails.

I dont know if they plan on publishing these after a while or not, but if you have to send them something Please Dont call them names just state the misrepresented fact.

They are legally authorized to lie to you per a 2003 lawsuit. So they are not doing anything wrong in their eyes.

JenH88
12-16-2007, 06:52 PM
*blimpity*

mrd
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
They are legally authorized to lie to you per a 2003 lawsuit. So they are not doing anything wrong in their eyes.So, prior to 2003, it was illegal for a reporter to lie?

CelestialRender
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
there have been reports that news office(s) are keeping a running list of all of the things that RP supporters have called them in comment sections as well as emails.

Regardless of whether they store or report it, we certainly SHOULD NOT be rude or angry with them. It's not productive, and it's not gentlemanly.

fuzzybekool
12-16-2007, 07:00 PM
sent

Laserbeast
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I posted:

Reporting that Ron Paul's presidential campaign donations were "pledges" is false. This is real, hard cash in his hands.

I'd also like you to start reporting on lesser known candidates with more support than the ones you report. I hear Ron Paul mentioned maybe once every other day (sometimes even with a smirk, Fredricka Whitfield). Don't become the next Faux News. Report what the people want to hear about. A REVOLUTION!

American
12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Remember the only tools we have as citizens is our votes and our buying power as consumers.

Good for thought, we should organize a consumer boycotting web sites to push this message.

Menthol Patch
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Lets flood this bozos with emails!

If they can't get the facts strait about something as simple as this they need to be FIRED!

These guys are PATHETIC! EMAIL THEM LIKE CRAZY!

James R
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM

Agreed! Coverage from the MSM is rarely, if ever, accurate. We need to lower the bar a bit for them.

sharedvoice
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't even go on their website. CNN is crap.

JenH88
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Agreed! Coverage from the MSM is rarely, if ever, accurate. We need to lower the bar a bit for them.

Excuse me? LOL... lower the bar for them? Their salaries are more than the average Ron Paul supporter- and it's bad that we want them to do their job?! LOL... an 8 year old could have searched on google for 5 minutes and found out it wasn't pledges.. give me a break- they did this on the 5th as well.

wohoo
12-16-2007, 07:15 PM
I also sent a polite message saying it's not pledges but money in the bank. All they have to do is call RP campaign HQ and they'd know in two seconds what the deal is. That's just inexcusably lousy reporting on their part and no, we should definitely not 'lower the standard' for them. If anything, they need to be reminded that there are still people watching who want facts and when they don't deliver, their mailboxes will be full for a while.

JenH88
12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I also sent a polite message saying it's not pledges but money in the bank. All they have to do is call RP campaign HQ and they'd know in two seconds what the deal is. That's just inexcusably lousy reporting on their part and no, we should definitely not 'lower the standard' for them. If anything, they need to be reminded that there are still people watching who want facts and when they don't deliver, their mailboxes will be full for a while.

Mmm hmm... :rolleyes:

JenH88
12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
*blimp*

wohoo
12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
1:50 video now @ http://edition.cnn.com/video/, under Politics.

tamor
12-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Nice job sending a polite message