PDA

View Full Version : Does Being From Texas Help Ron?

Adamsa
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
What do you think?

And before you say, we know he wasn't born there.

hawkeyenick
12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Yes, but if you pay close attention, they don't ever mention it

On the PBS debate, they said the home state for every candidate but the Dr.

lynnf
12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
What do you think?

And before you say, we know he wasn't born there.

it doesn't help, especially with Bush being "from" Texas. there might be some people that it turns off by thinking that we shouldn't have two presidents in a row from Texas. but it doesn't seem to have hurt him much yet either. thank God for small favors!

lynn

JosephTheLibertarian
12-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Bush wasn't born in Texas

yongrel
12-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Bush isn't "from" Texas. That's just the image he cultivated to get elected. He's a New England elite. I've been to Kennebunkport, and it ain't Texas.

Dequeant
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Only in the "Shock Factor" when introducing people to him....

For instance, an introduction like:

There's a man running for president who wants to end the war immediately, has never voted for a tax increase, wants to abolish the Federal Reserve, I.R.S, F.E.M.A., Department of Homeland Security, he also wants to bring all our troops home from South Korea, Japan, Germany, and everywhere else overseas, and doesn't want the U.S. to police the world....

This man is a Republican from Texas, and his name is Ron Paul.

That's pretty much how you have to sell him to people....if you start out with

"There's a Republican from Texas running for president....."

People usually tell you to "say no more, i will not vote republican"

Joey Wahoo
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
it doesn't help, especially with Bush being "from" Texas. there might be some people that it turns off by thinking that we shouldn't have two presidents in a row from Texas. but it doesn't seem to have hurt him much yet either. thank God for small favors!

lynn

I agree. I've tried to persuade some Dems to consider RP and they've responded that the last thing we need is another Texas Republican in the White House.

It doesn't hurt that RP is from Texas, but it does hurt that GWB is.

lynnf
12-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Bush isn't "from" Texas. That's just the image he cultivated to get elected. He's a New England elite. I've been to Kennebunkport, and it ain't Texas.

hey, that's what the quote marks are for! he is "from" Texas - the quotes meaning not really.

no charge for the life lesson, although if you feel generous you can pitch in another $5 for the tea-party on my behalf!

lynn

slantedview
12-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Bush wasn't born in Texas

neither was ron, i believe

Luther
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I think being from the same state as our current Commander Guy doesn't help.

ksuguy
12-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Depends on where you are asking. Around here, it's probably a slight help. A lot of people here naturally hate candidates from California or the Northeast. If someone doesn't come from there, it is viewed as positive.

That being said, Bush being from Texas has not helped.

hillertexas
12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Texans stick together and I bet it will help Ron. Any sheeple that would vote for Obama just because he is black or Hillary just because she is a woman, would vote for Ron Paul because he is a Texan IMO.

I bet a lot of the sheeple in Texas will vote for Ron Paul.

spacebetween
12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Besides, Ron Paul is from Texas as much as GWB is from Texas.

At least Dr. Paul doesn't put on a phony accent. I still don't believe Bush's accent is real.