PDA

View Full Version : New Rasmussen Daily Poll - Ron @ 5%

AgentPaul001
12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure if I can post the poll results straight from the Rasmussen website, but here is a quick summary.

Ron Paul is still hovering around 5% nationally.

Other canidates are still seeing significant movement. Huckabee is at 21%, but has shed a few percentage points since is high of 23%......its a moving average with the three prior days all around 23% so chances are it'll move down significantly.

Guliani is still a 19% and not a lot of movement lately after his big drop. Thompson is seeing some upward movement after his drop into single digits, but he is still at his "break" point of 13%. Romney is holding strong at 15%. McCain has "recovered" to 12% after his drops to single digits for a while.

As many have projected Huckabee shouldn't be a threat at the national level as he sheds off big support, and I think his undecided support helps us.

I think McCain's resurgence and the help from the media will pose the greatest risk to the campaign. Guliani stand no decent shot at the nomination anymore and Thompson's campaign is falling apart.

McCain/Romney/Huckabee seem like the biggest threats.

Theocrat
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Today's "Tea Party" should be ample evidence of why Congressman Paul is not really polling at 5% nationally. He just raised more money from single donors than any of the other GOP candidates (currently at $18,090,638 in the 4th Quarter alone)! To me, this is very telling that Dr. Paul has more voter support than the media is willing to admit.

For instance, according to your poll reported to us, Mike Huckabee is at 21% nationally, from Rasmussen's point of view. However, he's raised way less money than Congressman Paul. If he has 16% more support nationally than Rep. Paul, then shouldn't he be raising lots more money than Dr. Paul? Obviously, he's not (http://www.mikehuckabee.com/). His supporters know he needs money, so why aren't they donating to his campaign? I find this odd and sad because I believe it truly reflects the lack of enthusiasm in Huckabee's campaign when compared to Rep. Paul's (even though Huckabee is on a "surge"). If these numbers truly were correct, then Huckabee should be blowing away Dr. Paul in support, yet, strangely, he's not.

That's just one example with one candidate as to why these polls are suspect to me. Some of them STILL do not mention Congressman Paul's name. What a shame this is! The media uses these polls to persuade the voting public to support a particular candidate. In the beginning of this race, I hardly ever seen the media talk about polls; it was more so the money and how long a candidate would sustain in the race by those means. Now, the political focus is mostly on these landline, Primary-precedented, polls which ask the voters who they'd LIKELY vote for.

Up to this moment, I have yet to see the media focus on the straw polls (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/). I think the reason is is that they know who's gaining the most traction of American voters, and yet, they remain silent for some ulterior objective. Oh, they'll mention the Iowa Straw Poll from time to time, but that's about it. To me, these straw polls are more reliable than the phone polls which are continually used to marginalize certain candidates (like Dr. Paul).

So, I conclude by saying that these national polls are worthless, and I wouldn't trust them even if Congressman Paul was number one because their sampling techniques and results are very dubious. Congressman Paul continues to break fundraising records, gather huge armies of supporters everywhere (on and offline), and dominate these so-called debates. So, my admonition to you, my fellow supporters, is to not trust these polls. The media will come to see that these polls are archaic and obsolete for our times, for they don't reflect what's actually happening in the real world. You want to follow some numbers? Look at Dr. Paul's fundraising totals and national supporters (http://svpvril.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=2783). OUR REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE STOPPED.

thisisgiparti
12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Fuck You Frank! :p