PDA

View Full Version : Thank Mr. Beltram...

synapz
07-05-2007, 10:14 AM
and stick something in there about it needing to be formal. i.e.,

"Mr. Beltram,

Thankyou for your (soon to be formal?) invitation to Ron Paul. Not many people would have the modesty and integrity to turn their position around as rapidly as you have. I must admit I am most impressed and pleasantly surprised by your actions. I humbly apologize if my previous email mischaracterized you; you have clearly taken the moral high ground.

Best regards,

Rye Terrell,
Austin, Texas"

I know it's a bit fawning, but positive and negative reinforcement combined work wonders. Heck, it might make him want to be a Ron Paul supporter if he gets tons of really nice emails. :)

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Absolutely positively NO WAY until HQ announces they've rec'd a FORMAL INVITE.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 10:19 AM

I agree.

Erazmus
07-05-2007, 10:21 AM

Agreed.

Ava
07-05-2007, 10:22 AM
and stick something in there about it needing to be formal. i.e.,

"Mr. Beltram,

Thankyou for your (soon to be formal?) invitation to Ron Paul. Not many people would have the modesty and integrity to turn their position around as rapidly as you have. I must admit I am most impressed and pleasantly surprised by your actions. I humbly apologize if my previous email mischaracterized you; you have clearly taken the moral high ground.

Best regards,

Rye Terrell,
Austin, Texas"

I know it's a bit fawning, but positive and negative reinforcement combined work wonders. Heck, it might make him want to be a Ron Paul supporter if he gets tons of really nice emails. :)

I think this is a good idea. Like MsDoodahs writes it would be good with a confirmation though. I think it is important that we do not demonize our political opponents (perceived or real), and treat them with respect. We need to be constructive.

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 10:22 AM
South Carolina is important. Ron may do well in New Hampshire and the press will shrug it off. New Hampshire is a libertarian place and it has voted for losing candidates in the primary, like Gary Hart, John McCain, Paul Tsongas, Pat Buchanan.

South Carolina is more like the rest of the country. A big showing there really means something, because it is the launching pad to Super Tuesday.

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM
I will send a "pre-emptive" thank you note saying...."Thanks in advance for your kind and noble invitation to Dr. Paul, despite your disagreement on some of the issues with him."

Mom4Ron
07-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I find his offer to be insulting, not only to the Ron Paul campaign, but to the voters in his area. I don't for one second believe that "low cost" and some of the other keywords aren't code for we'll put a postage stamp size sign up on the bottom of my desk.

He seems to believe that his opinion should supersede the right of the voters to hear the messages of all of the candidates and not just the ones who spout his particular brand of rhetoric.

I would hope that his county GOP members see this as the offense to their ability to decide that it is and rightfully let this be his last year in any position beyond dog catcher.

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 10:24 AM
What's the link, how to we send him mail?

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 10:44 AM
I just sent this...

Dear Mr Beltram,

As a former Greenville resident and a staunch conservative member of the GOP, I wanted to send you this note to thank you in advance for the integrity and honor that you have shown in starting the process of hosting a Ron Paul forum type of event.

There are many, like you, who didnt have the opportunity to hear the specific commentary of Dr. Paul during the SC debate. Thanks in advance for giving Dr. Paul a chance to not only clarify his position but to also give his voice on the whole host of other topics that will no doubt entrance and energize the conservative base in the area and well beyond. Please make sure that there are questions among the 12 that are asked, that focus on taxation, border security, economy, right to life and the second ammendment as well. I think that the local and national audience will benefit from knowing Dr. Paul's stances on these issues even if they do not agree with them in full.

Again, thank you for the honor that you have conducted yourself in this. We appreciate you.

--
Donald Harwood
GOP
Ron Paul 2008 supporter
Father of 2
Husband of 1
Teacher of many
Servant of 1

Dustancostine
07-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I called campaign headquarters today and they said they spoke to Mr. Bertram this morning and will be speaking with him again today. Hopefully they can get something together. This can be bigger then Iowa.

P.S. I guess this means the invitation is formal.

--Dustan Costine

Dave Wood
07-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Folks,

I just called down to Beltrams office and spoke with Allice. She was very nice and I gave her a big Thanks You and she was able to verify everthing that Beltram sent to the campaign. I called 1800ronpaul and let them know, they hadnt heard about it and took the information and said someone will contact Beltram TODAY. Alice also stated something that we did not hear and tha is they have been sending communication to Ron Paul for 4 Months and felt snubbed because every other candidate had responded except Ron Paul. Then when they heard him at the debate they were even more angry over the Iraq bit......needless to say they were VERY surprised by all of the attention that came their way in the last day!!! They were HAPPY! Now they dont feel snubbed and as long as we can get the doctor down there to clear the air, he will have a good shot at South Carolina, big time re state. Alice also told me that he will receive "the republican red carpet treatment" This is an invitation!!!!!!! Dont play games and try to force Mr. Beltram to do something that he has already done........

DjLoTi
07-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Good job Dave.. biggups! :)

rich34
07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, lets rock this puppy then!

Get headquarters to agree and I'm there! I'll also be bringing some WV hillbillies with me!

angelatc
07-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I would like to write him an old fashioned letter to explain what Ron Paul actually said at the debate about Iraq and terorism, since apparently Mr Beltram isn't going to Google the issue.