PDA

View Full Version : Marlins game incident gets EXPOSURE

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Unbelieveable Censorship of Ron Paul at a Marlins Game
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007/050707Censorship.htm

the story originally appeared (after here) on a Calgary 9/11 Truth site,
http://www.calgary911truth.org/my_weblog/2007/07/unbelieveable-c.html
and then was carried by the popular Prison Planet website.

kimosabi
07-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Unbelieveable Censorship of Ron Paul at a Marlins Game
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007/050707Censorship.htm

the story originally appeared (after here) on a Calgary 9/11 Truth site,
http://www.calgary911truth.org/my_weblog/2007/07/unbelieveable-c.html
and then was carried by the popular Prison Planet website.

OK people.

This is how we prove if we are being censored or not.

Next Marlins game, take in Pro Bush signs and see if you get censored.

DjLoTi
07-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I saw the video, and I don't think it's anything like an outrage.

Andrew76
07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Man.. this is only my humble opinion... I empathize and identify with the enthusiasm of the game go'ers who brought the Ron Paul signs along, everyone here does I'm sure. And I could be wrong, but it seems like we need to pick our battles a bit better. I can't imagine what the people sitting around the RP supporters were thinking, but I would guess it wasn't all positive. Just my two cents.

PatriotOne
07-05-2007, 09:20 AM
OK people.

Probably wouldn't get censored by security but the crowd may beat em to death :eek:

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 09:20 AM
the story is carried here as well: http://www.infowars.net

DjLoTi
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I agree with picking our battles better. The bigger we make this news, the harder it will be to have signs at future events. Lets just keep this on the low and keep doing what we're doing....

Kuldebar
07-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Don't large signs/banners tend to block another spectator's view?

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I posted this just to let people know the story was getting exposure. There has already been another thread on whether this was right or wrong. But feel free...

mconder
07-05-2007, 09:28 AM

The outrage is the part were FOX actually has people screening live T.V. for Ron Paul messages. Personally, I would have taken that all the way. They would have to physically remove me from the park. You know they would not have done that to a pro Fred Thompson group.

UtahApocalypse
07-05-2007, 10:15 AM
As much as I do like Alex Jones, and prison planet this is not Exposure. It is more akin to preaching to the choir. We need regular people to get the message of what is happening in our country.

damijin
07-05-2007, 10:19 AM
As much as I do like Alex Jones, and prison planet this is not Exposure. It is more akin to preaching to the choir. We need regular people to get the message of what is happening in our country.

Agreed, and furthermore, who the fuck cares what FOX has people doing? They can do whatever they want for all I care, a powerful message doesn't need FOX News to reach the masses. Work harder on getting the word out on the street, spend less time on fighting frivolous claims of censorship.

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Uh... Exposure on Alex Jones' websites isn't really 'exposure' per se. It's more like preaching to the choir.

EDIT: Duh... I see Utah up there already stole my thunder. :D

jd603
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
NO! , Not BUSH, that will be OBVIOUS, bring GIULIANI signs. :)

OK people.

Dan Klaus
07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Man.. this is only my humble opinion... I empathize and identify with the enthusiasm of the game go'ers who brought the Ron Paul signs along, everyone here does I'm sure. And I could be wrong, but it seems like we need to pick our battles a bit better. I can't imagine what the people sitting around the RP supporters were thinking, but I would guess it wasn't all positive. Just my two cents.

Concur.

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 12:05 PM

but a soon as a "regular" person does, he too will be smeared and labeled as a "kook". Charlie Sheen, Rosie, Cynthia McKinney, Dr. Steven Jones (physicist), etc

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Uh... Exposure on Alex Jones' websites isn't really 'exposure' per se. It's more like preaching to the choir.

EDIT: Duh... I see Utah up there already stole my thunder. :D

Not to their readers who didn't know about the story. Thus, "Marlins game incident gets EXPOSURE".

winston84
07-05-2007, 01:37 PM

I concur

CJLauderdale4
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
These guys are from my area, and this was planned months in advance. The stadium checks the signs as you come in the building. They "Ok" them before you take your seat. They knew what these guys were bringing in, and they let them in.

The Miami meetup was not trying to pick battles here, but merely document what happened when they tried to show their Ron Paul signs at Florida Marlins game by posting their video.

Richandler
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry but incidents like this are what give Ron Paul supporters a bad rap. It's a Baseball game don't bring political agenda to it. People go to games to get away from the world not have it patronized at them.

You have to remember that freedom of speech doesn't apply when you are a guest on private property. I hope more things like this don't happen in the future.

DXDoug
07-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Nice Video , We all should have a national goto Sport Event Day and Have Signs! lol , thats sad though this is how it is..

Captain Shays
07-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Congress ahsl make no law abriging the right of free speech.

They had a right to hoist thier signs up.

Face it. The media will not give Ron Paul the mention that he desrves.

We NEED to engage in reaching the publican ANY WAY we can. I'm climbing trees to secure RP signs high enough so that whoever wants to take them down will have ao risk their life like I did to put them up there. But if I live, millions of people will see my signs every day on their way to work and on the way home from work or wherever they're going.

Yesterday at the 4th of July celebration, I walked through a crowd holding up a sign. As I pased by a lot of people said,
who's Ron Paul"?

Well because of me, they heard of Ron Paul for the first time. They never even heard his name before, let alone know that he's running for president.

Its up to you and me because the media and our entire electoral process is rigged.

Mani
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry but incidents like this are what give Ron Paul supporters a bad rap. It's a Baseball game don't bring political agenda to it. People go to games to get away from the world not have it patronized at them.

You have to remember that freedom of speech doesn't apply when you are a guest on private property. I hope more things like this don't happen in the future.

We had some people behind us asking, "Who is Ron Paul?" So even if a few of those people go home and start to check it out it was worth it.

Birdlady
07-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Incoming rant.

Sigh. Posts like this really make me angry. Okay so let's extend this a little further. Don't bring a sign/t-shirt/button into a store, people only want to shop for shoes and don't want political agenda in it. No don't tell your church about Ron Paul, people don't want political agenda to it. Don't tell your co-workers about Ron Paul because they don't want political agenda in their workplace. Your point is ridiculous. Let's just stop talking! It might make people think for 5 minutes out of their day.

Go ahead and play by the rules while the MSM is laughing at you sitting in the Free Speech Zone. I am going to fight to get RP's name out there even if it means bending some laws. ;)

If the people in front of them were angry about the security guard getting in their way, I would say well you should be angry because your free speech is next. That would most likely shut them up.

quickmike
07-05-2007, 04:53 PM

I agree, we dont need this. The stadium is private property, and should be respected no matter what the reason they didnt want the signs. Just ask yourself, what would Ron have you do?

I think he would say its a private matter, between the owners of the stadium and the people with the signs.

Just my 2 cents

Roxi
07-05-2007, 04:57 PM
i dont know if this has been brought up or not but heres this tidbit

"In March of 2007, Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, seeking the GOP nod for president in 2008, announced that Harry Wayne Huizenga would serve as a member of his Florida statewide finance committee."
~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Huizenga

Harry Wayne Huizenga owns the stadium.

Slugg
07-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I agree with picking our battles better. The bigger we make this news, the harder it will be to have signs at future events. Lets just keep this on the low and keep doing what we're doing....

Choosing our battles is the most wise thing we can do...I agree totally. I think the signs were a great idea...but let's not get in a tussle over having the signs taken away.

I think we are past the point of, "Any publicity is good publicity..."

ronpaulitician
07-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I think he would say its a private matter, between the owners of the stadium and the people with the signs.
a) Is taxpayer money involved at all in this stadium?
b) Is there a strict "no signs" policy that is universally enforced?

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 04:59 PM
What about someone holding up the pictures of Abu Gharab prison? It's free speech too, and sure to offend someone.

I'm not sure what the right answer is. I can accept participating in the stadium crowd under the management's rules, or saying that free speech is paramount --and let people say what they want.

On the whole though, I feel like the free speech side wins. Let people blow off a little steam, and don't get too bent out of shape from what you see. Suppressing thought and expression is part of what leads to discontent among the public.

quickmike
07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
a) Is taxpayer money involved at all in this stadium?
b) Is there a strict "no signs" policy that is universally enforced?

As for taxpayer money being used in stadiums, most are not funded. They are funded by either direct ownership or sponsorship by corporations. Hence names like "staples stadium"

As for signs or no signs, a privately owned place can do as they wish, reguardless if there are signs or not. They can say who can go there and who cant. They have complete control over their own property. Dont get me wrong, I think it was great they brought the signs, get the RP name out there any way you can,but once asked to take them down, they should have done so with no issue. What I saw were people who didnt respect the wishes of the property owners, and that just gives the impression that these people dont respect personal property rights, which is the exact thing that Ron Paul preaches day in and day out. While using your hearts, also use your heads.

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 05:26 PM
These guys are from my area, and this was planned months in advance. The stadium checks the signs as you come in the building. They "Ok" them before you take your seat. They knew what these guys were bringing in, and they let them in.

The Miami meetup was not trying to pick battles here, but merely document what happened when they tried to show their Ron Paul signs at Florida Marlins game by posting their video.

Yeah, why are some people talking about battles going on? Some guys had their RP signs taken away, it was filmed, and now the story is on a big website. What battle?

MSM is against us. So I think the word has to get out anyway it can. As if our country depended on it!

quickmike
07-05-2007, 05:27 PM
seems like threads always go dead when I join :D LOL

american.swan
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
How about going back to the same seats at another Marlins game and this time hold up signs claiming "Research your candidates" and on the other side of the sign "Don't believe the sound bites" or something less obvious. By doing this you can be pro Ron Paul and not piss anyone off. And don't block anyone's view.

How 'bout, "Ask me who I am going to vote for" t-shirts?

WannaBfree
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
how about some acrobats going to the game, spelling out Ron Paul with their bodies, and when security comes, they just sit down? or maybe we could train a bunch of pigeons to fly in formation and then... ;)

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 05:56 PM
how about some acrobats going to the game, spelling out Ron Paul with their bodies, and when security comes, they just sit down? or maybe we could train a bunch of pigeons to fly in formation and then... ;)

lmao, this is funny

Roxi
07-05-2007, 06:38 PM

ooh ooh i know how bout we get fighter jets to fly over the game spelling out ron paul in their contrails :D

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Me either. We have so many more constructive ways to spend our time than this.

WannaBfree
07-06-2007, 01:15 AM
ooh ooh i know how bout we get fighter jets to fly over the game spelling out ron paul in their contrails :D

As long as they're not chemtrails!

I got an idea. Why don't we hire a pregnant woman who's about to give birth, and plant her in the audience during the next debate that Dr. Paul is in. Now that should get us some good press coverage!

kimosabi
07-06-2007, 01:54 AM
How about everyone gets Ron Paul 2008 tattoos on their forehead..

denvervoipguru
07-06-2007, 02:04 AM
There's no way in hell I would have given them MY SIGN...they would have had to carry me out of there!

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 02:10 AM
I agree, we dont need this. The stadium is private property, and should be respected no matter what the reason they didnt want the signs. Just ask yourself, what would Ron have you do?

Just my 2 cents

YOU SEEM ANTI RON PAUL!!!!

If you pay to be there and there are other signs in the ball park....

Then Ron Paul supporters have every right to show their signs.....It's no signs or all signs under the constitution!

Free speech is undebatable, whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 02:12 AM
seems like threads always go dead when I join :D LOL

That's because your a globalist shill....

WannaBfree
07-06-2007, 07:03 PM
There's no way in hell I would have given them MY SIGN...they would have had to carry me out of there!

Yeah, in the video they complain that their rights were being taken away, but it looks more like their rights were being given away. Even shook the guy's hand that took it. I guess most people feel uncomfortable about any form of civil disobedience to stand up for their rights.

These guys were a little better at it, but in the end gave in. Turned out the cop wasn't telling the truth about the law though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKoioumSXI

This is video footage of a young Alex Jones at the DMV refusing to thumbscan to get a drivers license:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptsbCwcbrfc

This lady maybe put up the best fight of all to defend her rights at a road check:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_h_g0JtX4o

These guys were demonstrating in front of Larry Silverstein's office and got taken away by the police after the big thug made false accusations. In the end, it was the thug who got in trouble and not the videographer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFIaG_B6298