PDA

View Full Version : Status of the Endorsement from that Military Man?

Lord Xar
12-16-2007, 04:02 PM
There was a thread about this a few days ago about the infamous military man who would not wear the UN beret.

What happened? DID he "really" endorse Ron Paul - and if so, why wasn't there a press release of this?

literatim
12-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Yes, he did.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-16-2007, 04:03 PM
He is in Mexico for the rest of the week and them I am sure there will be an official press release...

ConstitutionGal
12-16-2007, 04:24 PM
His name is Michael New and his website is www.mikenew.com The site doesn't look like it's been updated in a few months but, seeing as how Dr. Paul was one of the few in Congress who agreed with and supported Michael, an endorsement isn't suprising.

Lord Xar
12-16-2007, 04:29 PM
perhaps, BUT us talking about it on a pro Ron Paul forum is not gonna do much for Ron Paul if this isn't pushed out there FAST by the campaign as an official endorsement.

I mean, why not HAVE THIS GUY and that Female Fighter Pilot IN A COMMERCIAL.

arghhh....

This needs to be done asap - this endorsement, prior to the Jan primaries/caucuses.

ConstitutionGal
12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I agree totally. There are a LOT of liberty minded folks as well as military folks who are familiar with Michael New that would respect his opinion. Of course, since he was given a dishonorable discharge for his refusal to take orders from a UN officer, it's possible that his endorsement could backfire in the old media.

JMO
12-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I doubt 99.9999% of the people ever heard of Michael New.

I know some of us would love to see a press release every time Ron Paul farts, but most news services wouldn't pick it up.

TheIndependent
12-16-2007, 05:12 PM

I know some of us would love to see a press release every time Ron Paul farts, but most news services wouldn't pick it up.

My undecided mother-in-law does, and has the kitchen magnet shown on mikenew.com. This may sway her and the entire family.

literatim
12-16-2007, 05:47 PM
perhaps, BUT us talking about it on a pro Ron Paul forum is not gonna do much for Ron Paul if this isn't pushed out there FAST by the campaign as an official endorsement.

arghhh....

This needs to be done asap - this endorsement, prior to the Jan primaries/caucuses.

Dude be fucking patient, the papers haven't even been filed yet.

LibertyEagle
12-16-2007, 05:49 PM

arghhh....

The woman you're talking about decided to endorse Obama.

LibertyEagle
12-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Conservatives have heard of him. Trust me. They also know who Barry Goldwater, Jr. is. Both of these endorsements need to go out in ads. But before anyone can include Michael New's, the campaign needs to actual secure it. C'MON CAMPAIGN!!!

Lord Xar
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
The woman you're talking about decided to endorse Obama.

serious? arghhh.

Lord Xar
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Relax 'chief'.

LibertyEagle
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM
serious? arghhh.

Yup.

colecrowe
12-30-2007, 01:05 PM
bump

Lord Xar
12-31-2007, 10:27 PM

Hey Liberatim - 3 days before caucaus and almost 2 weeks since I posted - we are still waiting - how patient should we be? :)

Is HQ on this or not.

tomjammarsh
01-02-2008, 01:30 AM
I know the lawyer who fought for Michael New.
(Link to his official endorsement: http://people.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements/2007/12/28/michael-new/)

His name is Michael Farris. He is a GREAT man. He is head of the Home School Legal Defense counsel. After reading his book and listening to his tapes to and from school, I am not sure why his group is endorsing Huckabee.

He authored "Constitutional Law for Christian Students" It's a great read and a great listen.