PDA

View Full Version : Flu shots now mandatory for NJ preschoolers

SlapItHigh
12-16-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/12/14/flu.fight.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

This is outrageous. Spread the word...this is an important reason to strengthen your resolve to get Ron Paul elected and put a stop to these dangerous laws.

RonPaulGetsIt
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes it is not the states right to have mandatory injections. Whether or not these shots pose a risk is irrelevant (I believe they do) the point is no group of people should have the right to impose their will on individuals.

Do we live in a free country or not? Let's hold each and every lawmaker responsible for their actions and vote them out if they support power of the government over freedom of the individual. They should called, emailed and snail mailed with our objections and voted out if they do not respect te people's rights over those of the goverment (and the lobbysists)

Object here with these phone numbers and addresses
http://www.njaicv.org/Action_Alert.htm

reaver
12-16-2007, 03:03 PM
If it is a large preschool then they are probably using multiple dose vials that still contain Thimerosal right? I hope the parents of these children are aware of the possible side effects of exposure at such a young age.

John E
12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Polio, Mumps, Rubella, -- I understand the need for the manditory vaccinations against these diseases but the Flu? Chicken Pox? I grew up like every one of you without a vaccine for these and while it sucked to get it, for the most part is wasn't fatal or detrimental to your health. Of course, if you say no to the vaccine then you have child welfare at your house claiming that your an unfit parent.

angelatc
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
It is absolutely wrong, but it is a state's rights issue. It would be nice if the parents in NJ would pack up and move to friendlier states.

mkiv808
12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
That's really awful. Can't you get out of it by claiming your beliefs don't align with vaccinations?

lucius
12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
"When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we, in essence, accept that the state owns our bodies." ~U.S. Representative Ron Paul

McDermit
12-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Disgusting.