PDA

View Full Version : Fly blimp over Disney World in Orlando...

jenninlouisiana
12-16-2007, 01:42 PM
If the weather is bad up North, send the blimp to Orlando. December is peak season in Disney and there are so many people from elsewhere.

Maximum people = maximum exposure

Different regions represented = spreading the word nationwide in one place.

I'm sure there are airspace restrictions, but just to be in the area would give lots of exposure...

Plus, it is the happiest place on Earth.

omgitsfletch
12-16-2007, 01:46 PM
That, and I live there. And want to see the blimp.

mokkan88
12-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I expect there would be flight restrictions over a landmark like Disney World.

Stinks 'cause I'll fbe in Disney World from the 26th to January 2nd...

jenninlouisiana
12-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I'll drive the 15 hours to get there!

terryp
12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
You may not be able to fly over, but you can get close enough for a couple million
at least between; Jacksonille, Daytona, the Cape, Orlando, Tampa, hell up & down both coasts.
The bowl and NFL games, speed weeks at Daytona.

Please, Please come to Florida.

Duckman
12-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Florida is ripe for Ron Paul conversion. Florida is also a microcosm of America because we have so many people who live here who are not from here, and that's not just mainly New Yorkers anymore.

kurros
12-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Disney World and Orlando are planned for after the NH primaries if enough money is made to keep it in the air.

Marceline88
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Ohhhh man, good idea....bet it's flight restricted over the actual WDW property but Oralndo in general may be different. Do it now....Holiday season at WDW is the BIGGEST season. Packed to capacity for Christmas.

dmspilot00
12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Disney World has the same 3-mile TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) that stadiums do. It's centered on the Magic Kingdrom so they might be able to fly around some of the other parks. Or they can apply for a waiver. Oh yeah, it's been there since 2002, so much for "Temporary."

Matt Collins
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
holiday season at WDW is the BIGGEST season. Packed to capacity for Christmas.No it's not. Summer is the biggest season for WDW.

kurros
12-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes the flight restrictions are around MK but the blimp could fly over Downtown Disney, the south part of Epcot, and Disney-MGM Studios--er Disney's Hollywood Studios when the blimp makes it here. Not to mention those other guys down the interstate.

jenninlouisiana
12-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm really into this idea. It's an excellent plan B.

jenninlouisiana
12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
The week of Christmas is *the* busiest week of the year at Disney World.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
The week of Christmas is *the* busiest week of the year at Disney World.

That might indeed be true (I don't know), but overall season by season summer is definitely #1.

jenninlouisiana
12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah, if you go by "seasons" summer is the highest.

If you go by weeks, Christimas is the highest followed by Thanksgiving week and Easter week.

You know, follow the school vacations.

Summer has all the Brazilian school kids and they are highly irritating.

Matt Collins
12-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Summer has all the Brazilian school kids and they are highly irritating.I have never noticed but I enjoy going through the Orlando airport about once a month because of all the different people I meet in there.

It's crazy; people from EVERY continent.

Marceline88
12-18-2007, 11:00 PM
That might indeed be true (I don't know), but overall season by season summer is definitely #1.

Incorrect sir..... the Holiday season, defined as December 24th to January 1st by the Walt Disney Travel company is the most crowded season for them. Peak, prime, as in most friggin' crowded, packed and jammed.

Don't feck with me I am a Disney Nazi. :cool:

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Incorrect sir..... the Holiday season, defined as December 24th to January 1st by the Walt Disney Travel company is the most crowded season for them. Peak, prime, as in most friggin' crowded, packed and jammed.

That week might win density perhaps, but not overall visitors compared to June, July, and August.

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Surely New Hampshire would be great, but if it is grounded by weather 50% of the time Florida world be great. A lot of tourists and snow birds and many retired people who vote. What do you think of a quick Cuba fly over as it goes down and up the East and west coasts of Florida? Ron has said we should open up travel and trade with Cuba. Sure would generate a lot or Pr and if Castro approves it would be big.IMO

RonPaulCentral
12-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Disney World has the same 3-mile TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) that stadiums do. It's centered on the Magic Kingdrom so they might be able to fly around some of the other parks. Or they can apply for a waiver. Oh yeah, it's been there since 2002, so much for "Temporary."

I thought the restrictions on that airspace were removed YEARS and YEARS ago. I remember it used to be restricted airspace but also remember clearly that was removed. Now I have not flown (as pilot) in 5+ years so I don't know if this was returned after 9-11 -- but don't think so.

Two weekends ago I was out at Disney and the Goodyear blimp was flying there....

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
What do you think of a quick Cuba fly over as it goes down and up the East and west coasts of Florida? Ron has said we should open up travel and trade with Cuba. Sure would generate a lot or Pr and if Castro approves it would be big.IMO.It would be shot down very quickly.

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
It would be shot down very quickly.By whom, I said if Castro approves???

12/19/07 - Sighting over Norfolk, VA
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/sightings/102_1291.jpg