PDA

View Full Version : A successful day.....

Ronstock '08
07-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Today the Granny Warriors and 5 volunteers (myself included) put the "Freedom Wagon" in front of 25,000 people at a Fourth of July parade in Faith, NC. We also handed out approximately 2,000 RP flyers to those along the parade route. A local CBS TV station from Charlotte,NC did a segment about the Granny Warriors and their campaign to promote Ron Paul.

We also spent the past 4 days at the festival speaking in person (and distributing flyers) to hundreds more. The most asked question was "Who is Ron Paul?" Apparently 99% of the population has no idea.

That's where we've got to work harder. The internet is a great tool for us to communicate and strategize.....but that's NOT going to get the message out to the vast majority of voters. We've got to take it to the street, workplace, etc., etc.

Granny Warriors info: www.grannywarriors.com
Pics of the Freedom Wagon: http://www.grannywarriors.com/warwagon.htm

Don't be discouraged about 2nd quarter donations (or lack therof). Grassroots activity costs the campaign NOTHING. With less money than the "first tier" we can, and will make up the difference with our enthusiasm, energy, and creativity.

Remember the look on Hannity's face when he read the results of the text following the SC debate? Imagine the looks we'll get from the MSM when Ron Paul wins NH and Iowa. Don't think it can't happen. Pat Buchanan won both of these primaries in '96 after barely registering in the "scientific polls".

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
A local CBS TV station from Charlotte,NC did a segment about the Granny Warriors and their campaign to promote Ron Paul.

Did they actually air it? Impossible. Even CSPAN got the memo that if you air anything about Ron Paul you will meet with a messy and tortuous death.

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
That is awesome, awesome news....

rp4prez
07-04-2007, 10:07 PM
that's awesome! way to go!

anyone else do anything for the 4th like this?

Ronstock '08
07-04-2007, 10:12 PM
That is awesome, awesome news....

Will try to get some video of the parade posted on YouTube ASAP....

I recorded the segment from the local CBS station. Will try to get that up too.

dmitchell
07-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Nice!

ChrisM
07-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Did they actually air it? Impossible. Even CSPAN got the memo that if you air anything about Ron Paul you will meet with a messy and tortuous death.
It's a local affiliate. Something so local usually is not so involved in "conspiracies."

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Will try to get some video of the parade posted on YouTube ASAP....

I recorded the segment from the local CBS station. Will try to get that up too.

Please do!!! :D :D :D

walt
07-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Nice to see some positive news on the types of actions needed to affect real voters. The commitment is almost overwhelming. :D

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I love it.

pazzo83
07-04-2007, 11:00 PM
We need your help down here in Charlotte too, we don't have much organization as of yet.

Dave
07-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Remember the look on Hannity's face when he read the results of the text following the SC debate? Imagine the looks we'll get from the MSM when Ron Paul wins NH and Iowa. Don't think it can't happen. Pat Buchanan won both of these primaries in '96 after barely registering in the "scientific polls".

Bob Dole beat Buchanan in Iowa in '96. 26% to 23%. Your point is still well-taken!

pazzo83
07-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Here is the link to the story w/ video:

http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/8324067.html

Original_Intent
07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I went to the local fireworks show a couple of hours early and handed out a couple of hundred Ron Paul push cards (very nice color ones).

Had several people say they had already gotten one at the parade earlier today (that's a good thing, they see that it isn't just one person doing their thing) I had a few people who were very positive. One guy stopped me on my way back to get more cards and said "this guy is a Republican that actually believes what I believe!" Out of the 200 or so cards I had 3 people say they were voting for him, and probably 40 or 50 who seemed quite interested and I think will give him a look. Probably about the same number tossed them in a backpack as soon as I walked away. Overall a good night.

angelatc
07-04-2007, 11:24 PM
My family and I marched in the Wheaton, IL parade along with about 20 people from our meet up group, including Trance Dancer from the forums. We passed out a ton of the campaign cards, plus another ton of business card size hand outs, DVD's, and bumper stickers.

The best thing was that while walking the mile or so back to the car, my husband only found 2 campaign cards tossed on the ground, and he was looking for them specifically.

Trance Dancer is like a magnet - people come right up to him and talk.

My husband said we could have passed out 3 x's as many cards if we had more people (and cards, one can assume!)

Name recognition isn't out there in the real world - I can't tell you how many times I heard "Who Is Ron Paul?" today.

richard1984
07-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Man that's exciting! Thank you! :D

Original_Intent
07-04-2007, 11:29 PM
My family and I marched in the Wheaton, IL parade along with about 20 people from our meet up group, including Trance Dancer from the forums. We passed out a ton of the campaign cards, plus another ton of business card size hand outs, DVD's, and bumper stickers.

The best thing was that while walking the mile or so back to the car, my husband only found 2 campaign cards tossed on the ground, and he was looking for them specifically.

Trance Dancer is like a magnet - people come right up to him and talk.

My husband said we could have passed out 3 x's as many cards if we had more people (and cards, one can assume!)

Name recognition isn't out there in the real world - I can't tell you how many times I heard "Who Is Ron Paul?" today.

It takes three contacts for a name to stick. Betcha they have seen him in the debates but he was white noise. The next time they hear him in a debate, at least some of them are going to pay attention. We win.

sandersondavis
07-04-2007, 11:49 PM
<Lots of good stuff snipped>

So how did you reply? I'm looking for a good response that will capture and lead the imagination.

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 12:52 AM
So how did you reply? I'm looking for a good response that will capture and lead the imagination.

I like, "He's the next president of the United States. Google him." :)

austin356
07-05-2007, 01:16 AM
It takes three contacts for a name to stick. Betcha they have seen him in the debates but he was white noise. The next time they hear him in a debate, at least some of them are going to pay attention. We win.

you would be surprised how few people actually watched the first 3 debates..... Bill O'Reilly had something like twice the viewership, on the very same night as the MSNBC debate.

CurtisLow
07-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Great job Ronstock! WooT!