PDA

View Full Version : PaulItForward.com - Need Ideas

Rex
12-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey guys and gals!

I'm looking for some help with developing my new site PaulItForward.com (http://www.PaulItForward.com)

I think the domain is just fabulous and that we can do something really viral with it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

speciallyblend
12-16-2007, 11:20 AM
did you get this idea from the movie payitforward?

Rex
12-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Yah.. watching it now!.. haha

ckhagen
12-16-2007, 11:33 AM
How about doing what a lot of people have been doing lately and paying for the meal/coffee of the person behind you in the drive-thru and handing them a couple liberty cards or something of the like to give to the person who's stuff you paid for?

UtahApocalypse
12-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Not sure if this is at all related to you concept, but here is my Paul it Forward story:

Yesterday another Ron Paul supporter and I were canvassing a apartment complex here in Utah. He is a recently returned LDS missionary and very use to the door to door thing. As we were going from building to building we came across a couple people at a moving van. We offered to help carry up a couple boxes for them. While taking the final boxes up we gave them the Ron Paul speech and they were excited and impressed. They were also amazed with our dedication to be out in the twenty degree weather just to tell others of Ron Paul.

Once in the apartment there were a few others, the two we had come up with instantly started telling them about Ron Paul. Well we left our flyers and moved on. About 15 mins later one of them comes calling for us to help with a mattress, so we of course did. After getting the mattress upstairs ( 3 floors ) We went outside and they then brought us to a car of a few more people, and now told them of our mission, and of our man.

Next thing we know we are having 6 people fill out voter registrations ON THE SPOT! We also have there contact info to get them involved in the meetup and make sure they vote. So my Ron Paul it Forward was helping someone move in a few boxes and a bed, with that we found at least 8 new Ron Paul voters and who knows how many they will convert

speciallyblend
12-16-2007, 11:38 AM
rex to funny were watching it in colorado now to hehe

Rex
12-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Great stuff guys.. Keep em coming!

lemur
12-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Not sure if this is at all related to you concept, but here is my Paul it Forward story:

Yesterday another Ron Paul supporter and I were canvassing a apartment complex here in Utah. He is a recently returned LDS missionary and very use to the door to door thing. As we were going from building to building we came across a couple people at a moving van. We offered to help carry up a couple boxes for them. While taking the final boxes up we gave them the Ron Paul speech and they were excited and impressed. They were also amazed with our dedication to be out in the twenty degree weather just to tell others of Ron Paul.

Once in the apartment there were a few others, the two we had come up with instantly started telling them about Ron Paul. Well we left our flyers and moved on. About 15 mins later one of them comes calling for us to help with a mattress, so we of course did. After getting the mattress upstairs ( 3 floors ) We went outside and they then brought us to a car of a few more people, and now told them of our mission, and of our man.

Next thing we know we are having 6 people fill out voter registrations ON THE SPOT! We also have there contact info to get them involved in the meetup and make sure they vote. So my Ron Paul it Forward was helping someone move in a few boxes and a bed, with that we found at least 8 new Ron Paul voters and who knows how many they will convert

OUTSTANDING!

speciallyblend
12-16-2007, 03:25 PM
great stuff,we need to make this website happen,GREAT IDEA,can also post lil hints etc,on lil ways people can make a difference;)

Rex
12-16-2007, 03:34 PM
So you think just listing info on how "pay it forward" ?

son of liberty
12-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Go through a drivethru with a huge ron paul bumper sticker and pay for the car behind you!!!!!!!!!

lemur
12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey guys and gals!

I'm looking for some help with developing my new site PaulItForward.com (http://www.PaulItForward.com)

I think the domain is just fabulous and that we can do something really viral with it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Great domain name and fabulous idea.

BTW, I love the video. My hubby & my gifts to each other this year are donating to Ron Paul for the Tea Party.

One thing we did - totally inadvertently - is take in an old friend of my husband's who needed a temporary place to stay, and he listened to us talk about Ron Paul enough while he's here, that he started paying attention, and now he'll be voting for RP in 2008.

Some ideas that might be in line with your site. Give a donation to your favorite charity - on behalf of Ron Paul. (Maybe you could even set up a paypal donation site to donate to charites on behalf of PaulItForward?)

Better yet, volunteer your time somewhere - a soup kitchen, an animal shelter, whatever - and of course wear your favorite Ron Paul T-shirt and talk about our guy.

It's Christmas, so throw a Ron Paul Toys for Tots Rally.

Live near a dirty neighborhood or a park that's constantly trashed with litter? Organize a Cleanup for Ron Paul. When I ran the Environmental Committee for my local church, I organized several Park and Beach cleanups, it's as easy as gathering some friends and a bunch of trash bags. I never thought of using it to support a candidate, but then again, I never had a candidate I could believe in before. Maybe even make up some T-shirts with something like "Cleanup for Paul so Paul can clean up government."

The neat thing about these ideas IMO is that it not only does it get Ron's name out there, but it also proves Dr. Paul's point that the best community change happens on the local (State) not the Federal level.

Rex
12-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Great stuff!

I updated the page a little to show the real effect we are trying to make!

lemur
12-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Great stuff!

I updated the page a little to show the real effect we are trying to make!

Wah! But the video's gone?

LOL trust me, I know the challenges of creating a new site.

coboman
12-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I would love to include this idea of the voting buddy system : Check this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=50681)

I really cannot make a website for it, and I think it would fit nicely in your website.

I am working in some animations, I will send them to you later.

Rex
12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Anymore ideas?

Ron2Win
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Just gather all the best Youtube videos.

You can categorize them

The message:
Stop Dreaming, New Hope, House of cards, the one on this website, all the inspirational ones etc etc.

Main stream midia support:
Bill Maher, Daily Show, Cramer

Main Stream Media attacks:
Bill Oreilly, Hannity after the debates, the guy from ABC saying that he is not going to win.

Once that is done, we promote the crap out of the website. Let people know the guy.

UtahApocalypse
12-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Just gather all the best Youtube videos.

You can categorize them

The message:
Stop Dreaming, New Hope, House of cards, the one on this website, all the inspirational ones etc etc.

Main stream midia support:
Bill Maher, Daily Show, Cramer

Main Stream Media attacks:
Bill Oreilly, Hannity after the debates, the guy from ABC saying that he is not going to win.

Once that is done, we promote the crap out of the website. Let people know the guy.

I disagree with this. We have enough online video sites. This site should be about people doing things in the REAL world.

Ron Paul Poker
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I volunteered to ring the bell for the Salvation Army over the weekend.
I packed a few slimjims in my back pocket and wore my Ron Paul 08 pin.
Its amazing how many old Friends you run into if you stand out in front of Wal-Mart ringing a bell for 2 hours. I found this to be a very easy way to get the word out and fun at the same time.

"Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideas than through the force of arms." Ron Paul

HillbillyDan
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Great stuff people. These are the kinds of things that might just work!