PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah Black TV ads need super funding to take on Huckabee!!!

scandinaviany3
12-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Given the outing of sellout to CFR and others is obvious that this means war...

We need to superfund Jeremiahs ads and get them out to take him on in iowa and fast...

tanstaafl
12-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Whoever is making media production decisions at campaign headquarters needs to step aside in favor of Jeremiah Black and his group.

Anyway, I just donated $200 to http://www.operationnh.com/ and I intend to get behind them.

I had said we didn't need any more money bombs. I was wrong. We just need to make sure they get to Jeremiah Black and not to the doubtless well meaning but clearly inept folks *currently* making advertising decisions at Ron Paul headquarters.

burningfur
12-18-2007, 12:28 PM
bump

disciple
12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Agreed.

micahnelson
Hi Everyone,

Given the outing of sellout to CFR and others is obvious that this means war...

We need to superfund Jeremiahs ads and get them out to take him on in iowa and fast...

Proof of the Huckabee CFR Link for those who missed it : http://www.micahnelson.com/?p=140

Jeremiah's ads are excellent and the campaign should buy them and air them. If they don't, they should tell us they will not be picking them up so we can chipin and do it.

Lord Xar
I am seeing alot of these threads.

What is unique about Jeremiah black ads in regards to "taking on huckabee"?

What is gonna be unique and different or set Ron apart? I will donate, but I would like to know what the hoopla is. Not in a bad way, I am asking, but I am curious on 'what the plan is'. IF it is private, please PM me.

thanks

Tarabell952
12-18-2007, 12:31 PM
OperationNH is doing such important work. I wish this kind of thing could get the attention and support that the blimp has gotten.

Pete Kay
12-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey Scandanavian. Since you are in touch with Jeremy, please ask him if he cannot doante the ads to the campaign or maybe they can hire him or a small fee to make it work with election laws. I think that he should approach the campaign and offer his services. He would make a world of difference.

micahnelson
12-18-2007, 12:32 PM

What is gonna be unique and different or set Ron apart? I will donate, but I would like to know what the hoopla is. Not in a bad way, I am asking, but I am curious on 'what the plan is'. IF it is private, please PM me.

thanks

People think Huckabee is different because they haven't heard about him as much as they have heard from the Romney folks. As Huckabee loses his luster, raising our bid as the candidate of change helps us.

The Jeremiah Blacks ad #1 is great in the sense that it tells people they finally don't have to choose between the lesser of two evils. That one is a winner in my book. The families one is pretty nice too, but could be tweaked i think.

nathanmn
12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
They are GREAT ads. I just donated $50 today.

rollingpig
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
blimp

scandinaviany3
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey Scandanavian. Since you are in touch with Jeremy, please ask him if he cannot doante the ads to the campaign or maybe they can hire him or a small fee to make it work with election laws. I think that he should approach the campaign and offer his services. He would make a world of difference.

Pete we have done this before and still awaiting responses.

Pass the word on. Maybe if enough people say it on the phone to the national campaign it will happen..

rjl
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM

thanks

Jeremiah's latest ad is explicitly targeted at Christian voters:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=AD3zHh-BaSA

He's got some more written and can shoot them, but money is holding him back. He has to shoot and edit these in his spare time, with his own money. Everyone else involved is generally volunteering, too. I don't know that there is anything unique about his ads as they relate to Huckabee, but they are IMHO the best TV ads I've seen yet supporting Ron Paul.

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
People think Huckabee is different because they haven't heard about him as much as they have heard from the Romney folks. As Huckabee loses his luster, raising our bid as the candidate of change helps us.

The Jeremiah Blacks ad #1 is great in the sense that it tells people they finally don't have to choose between the lesser of two evils. That one is a winner in my book. The families one is pretty nice too, but could be tweaked i think.

yes.. operationnh does great things.. I know that. What I am asking is "what is unique about the Black ads that are exposing huckabee?" Also, some say "they can easily be modified"... but have they, and will they?

I am only asking because I have not seen any ads explicitly calling out huckaberry, yet the thread titles are shaped that way. So I am just looking for clarification...

btw. has anyone seen the current run of commercials in Iowa from the grassroots?

rjl
12-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Pass the word on. Maybe if enough people say it on the phone to the national campaign it will happen..

I've all but given up on the official campaign when it comes to advertising.

Does anyone know if these ads were given to the campaign would they then be off-limits to the grassroots? It'd be a shame because I have more faith in the grasroots getting these ads on TV.

Ron Paul Fan
12-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Maybe he's refering to the new 4th ad about christian families and what the role of the federal government should be in raising families. But if you can't see that these ads are very creative and well done then there's something wrong with you. The ads are absolute brilliance and we must get them on the air in Iowa to help take down Huckabee!

burningfur
12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
bump

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe he's refering to the new 4th ad about christian families and what the role of the federal government should be in raising families. But if you can't see that these ads are very creative and well done then there's something wrong with you. The ads are absolute brilliance and we must get them on the air in Iowa to help take down Huckabee!

well perhaps it is the 4th ad. That is what i mean, these cryptic threads with no information whatsoever and wanting people to get on board.

Unless you give alot of info with links and the course of action, people are not gonna clamour to help out. I'll take a look at ad #4 - once I track it down. you got a link?

tanstaafl
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM

thanks

I don't know that I would single out his Huckabee ad in particular. ALL his ads appear to be knockout punches and show great diversity and understanding of what is impactful and what needs to be said (and unsaid).

I don't know that much about him EXCEPT his ads - every one I have seen to date - is an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE better than what the Ron Paul campaign appears capable of putting out currently.

As thrilled as I am with Ron Paul himself, his message, and my fellow travelers here in the grass roots, WHOEVER IS MAKING MEDIA PRODUCTION AND ADVERTISING PURCHASING DECISIONS AT HEADQUARTERS IS CLEARLY INCOMPETENT TO THE TASK AT HAND. Well intentioned, I'm sure, but completely incompetent.

Anyway, sorry for the all caps, but I have been pretty upset by the bumbling of opportunity at the headquarters for some time. I think we can win this election. I am equally sure we will lose it if headquarters doesn't wake up.

And I also sure that J. Black is one of the key people who needs to be supported in order to make victory happen.

Look at some of the ads at http://www.operationnh.com/commercials.html But there are other ads - pretty near every great ad "just happens" to come from J. Black and his crew.

We need him in charge of advertising - and he is apparently willing to work for free or close enough (and, personally, I would be fine with him earning good money over the next year if he would take the job of working full time for the campaign and money were the issue...)

burningfur
12-18-2007, 12:56 PM
favorited, 5 stars, and commented.

Ron Paul Fan
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
well perhaps it is the 4th ad. That is what i mean, these cryptic threads with no information whatsoever and wanting people to get on board.

Unless you give alot of info with links and the course of action, people are not gonna clamour to help out. I'll take a look at ad #4 - once I track it down. you got a link?

The thread discussing the ad is on the first page of the grassroots forum...

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Proof of the Huckabee CFR Link for those who missed it : http://www.micahnelson.com/?p=140

Jeremiah's ads are excellent and the campaign should buy them and air them. If they don't, they should tell us they will not be picking them up so we can chipin and do it.

Micah, do you have something better than the Time blog that shows that Haas is Huckabee's foreign policy advisor?

Because this is all it says...

This may be a consequence of conversations Huckabee's been having recently with Richard Haass.....

This statement alone is not enough.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Look at some of the ads at http://www.operationnh.com/commercials.html But there are other ads - pretty near every great ad "just happens" to come from J. Black and his crew.

You are sending them to the wrong page. Those are old ads.

Go to the home page to see ALL of the TV ads we are trying to fund. www.OperationNH.com

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Another thing you might want to do is to offer the 4th ad to Drew Ivers, the Iowa campaign chairman. He seems to be more proactive than the national headquarters.

tanstaafl
12-18-2007, 01:05 PM
I've all but given up on the official campaign when it comes to advertising.

Does anyone know if these ads were given to the campaign would they then be off-limits to the grassroots? It'd be a shame because I have more faith in the grasroots getting these ads on TV.

I wouldn't want to see Jeremiah's ads under the thumb of whoever the INCOMPETENT is that is currently running the advertising.

Look...I'm not calling this HQ person, whoever s/he is, incompetent to upset anyone but in order to tell the truth and get someone in a position of authority to wake up. Let's face it, the first test of competence is to KNOW when you are incompetent ...and to take competent action...such as SEEKING and handing off to someone who is more capable.

The media production - everything from ads to brochures - coming out of Ron Paul headquarters is insufficient and of pathetic quality. And apparently there is some sort of gridlock there in terms of acting decisively to fix the problem!

denvervoipguru
12-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I have to admit the NH ads I saw from the campaign were very weak.

I love this one from Jeremiah Black
"Jeremiah Black Ad #3 - Reagan"

Hope he's not charging too much money though :o

scandinaviany3
12-18-2007, 01:08 PM
did you mean hope the campaign is not charging to much or jeremiah

micahnelson
12-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Micah, do you have something better than the Time blog that shows that Haas is Huckabee's foreign policy advisor?

Well Huckabee's article was published in Haas' Foreign Affairs
and he gets a completely different tone on the bush foreign policy. Its obviously not as a clear as a link on his web page, but I think the connection is serious enough to sway some conservative Christians. They may be sold on interventionism, but they still reject globalism. Whatever the CFR is, it is at least a globalist think tank.

Huckabee's change of tune won't play well in Iowa for people who distrust globalism, or people who approve of the President's foreign policy. This can help disarm the huckaboom, by pulling the anti-globalists to us and the pro-war crowd back to Romney, McCain or Thompson- further diluting the vote.

Either way, I'm done promoting the article. I just wanted to make sure the news was out there in a way that wasn't conspiracy theory laden.

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Just saw them.

The Reagan ad and the Christian ad are both nice meaningful ads.

Would we have enough time, and contacts to push forward with this in Iowa?

I think the campaing must be contact, also as Liberty suggesteed - contact Drew Ivers... he might be able to get this rolling fasttttt....

We have no time... we gotta do this NOW and start really pushing.

Adam or Skiingff should contact them, not a 'supporter' - they probably should speak to the head of the PAC putting this on. Lends credibility.

scandinaviany3
12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
we appreciate all the input and try to read everything and absorb to improve the product of the ads

burningfur
12-18-2007, 01:36 PM
bump

Douglass Bartley
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
To the indefatigable Liberty Eagle: All the best.

Jagwarr
12-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Contact Trevor and organize a quick weekend J.Black/Blimp moneybomb chip-in and split the donations 50/50 or something. It wouldn't be huge but it could be decent.

denvervoipguru
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
did you mean hope the campaign is not charging to much or jeremiah

Jermiah not charging too much for the commercials

Libertad2008
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
If anyone with connections to the official campaign is reading this thread, please tell the media organizers how great the J.B. ads are and to PLEASE invest in them. They are immeasurably better than the official ones (no offense to whomever produced them).

Todd
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Contact Trevor and organize a quick weekend J.Black/Blimp moneybomb chip-in and split the donations 50/50 or something. It wouldn't be huge but it could be decent.

Great Idea

GET TREVOR INVOLVED!!!!!

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Well Huckabee's article was published in Haas' Foreign Affairs
and he gets a completely different tone on the bush foreign policy. Its obviously not as a clear as a link on his web page, but I think the connection is serious enough to sway some conservative Christians. They may be sold on interventionism, but they still reject globalism. Whatever the CFR is, it is at least a globalist think tank.

Huckabee's change of tune won't play well in Iowa for people who distrust globalism, or people who approve of the President's foreign policy. This can help disarm the huckaboom, by pulling the anti-globalists to us and the pro-war crowd back to Romney, McCain or Thompson- further diluting the vote.

Either way, I'm done promoting the article. I just wanted to make sure the news was out there in a way that wasn't conspiracy theory laden.

Yes, but we cannot claim something that is not substantiated and at this point, I haven't seen anything that does that. Having an article in Foreign Affairs does not mean that you are a member of the CFR. Nor, does it mean that Haas is his foreign policy advisor.

I agree with you that it is damning if he is, but in reality, it is only so to a rather small subset of people.

Alan84
12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
bump

Australia4Paul
12-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Hey, Jeremiah and co, have you tried getting in contact with the official campaign and offering your services direct to them? Chances are if you got the contact, you could actually get paid to make all of these straight to Paul -- who would have the money to put them on en masse.

leonster
12-19-2007, 04:23 AM
If there is another moneybomb... what if it went to grassroots like this, instead of the official campaign?

It was important to raise the money for the media awareness from the campaign getting money. Now we have the record for single day fundraising, and that got some attention--and there will be more attention in January, when the FEC reports come out and Dr. Paul is (in all likelyhood) the top Republican fundraiser.

But an additional moneybomb won't be worth it in terms of media attention--too little, too late. What about a moneybomb thats purpose is NOT to directly gain media attention--instead, the purpose is getting these amazing commercials on the air.

And with a moneybomb, people get excited seeing the money tally up quickly, so they're much more likely to be motivated to donating. Think about it: $6 million Dec. 16. If there was no Dec. 16 moneybomb, it is likely the two weeks previous to that would have seen much higher fundraising each day--but it may have totalled to something like $2-3 million, NOT the $6 million that was generated by being part of something huge and exciting and RIGHT NOW. A media buy moneybomb would certainly not make $6 million... but if properly promoted heavily for ~2 weeks among supporters, certainly it could garner $500,000-1,000,000. Think of how many ads that would buy, compared to the goal of $75,000 as of now.

Ron LOL
12-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Ads #1 and #2 are home runs in my book. Not crazy about the other two.

sluggo
12-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Jeremiah's latest ad is explicitly targeted at Christian voters:

He's got some more written and can shoot them, but money is holding him back. He has to shoot and edit these in his spare time, with his own money. Everyone else involved is generally volunteering, too. I don't know that there is anything unique about his ads as they relate to Huckabee, but they are IMHO the best TV ads I've seen yet supporting Ron Paul.

Wow, that's a really good commercial.

RP4U&ME
12-19-2007, 05:28 AM
Man these ads are seriously underfunded and represent the single best possible use of money right now.
We really need to open up the floodgates on these.

http://www.operationnh.com/

burningfur
12-19-2007, 06:01 AM
Bump!!!

burningfur
12-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Man these ads are seriously underfunded and represent the single best possible use of money right now.
We really need to open up the floodgates on these.

http://www.operationnh.com/

+1

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Please pass this around to your respective Meetup groups, so that we can hopefully help to get these funded.

burningfur
12-19-2007, 06:05 AM
bump