PDA

View Full Version : Great Hooks when Handing out Slim-Jims

FreeTraveler
12-16-2007, 10:44 AM
I did some handouts yesterday at a Farmer's Market, and tried to find some good hooks to get people interested.

I'll post a few that worked for me, but please, add to the list if you can.

Most effective: People pushing strollers or with small children by the hand:
"Wouldn't you like a better world for your children? Please take a few minutes to read this when you have time."

Very effective: Guys with ponytails, biker types, women in long dresses, anybody who looked like they might be or might have been a "head":
"Aren't you tired of the war on drugs? Please take a few minutes to read this when you have time."

Also very effective. Same demographics as the last one, plus parents with teenagers in tow:
Aren't you tired of the War on Terror? Worried about a draft? Please take a few minutes to read this when you have time."

People with lots of jewelry or fancy clothes:
"Aren't you tired of paying huge Income Tax bills? Please take a few minutes to read this when you have time."

Most people took the slim jim and looked interested. About one in 5 took time to stop and talk a few minutes.

Please post the entries that have worked best for you to get literature in someone's hands, or get them talking.

Oh... another one I heard at the meetup, but forgot to try:

"I'm giving away Liberty coupons. Cash it in on the right day and win a free country." :)