PDA

View Full Version : Romney on Meet the Press- I'd ban assault weapons

terryp
12-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I thought he said he believes in the 2nd Amd. Didn't post this in grass roots as I have not been following his campaign, but I thought he gave that crap up when he started running for president.

xd9fan
12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
There should be no shock here.......He signed the AWBan in Mass.

NRA!!!.......Are you listening!!!!

I will buy more because some politicians don't want me (law abidding tax paying citizen) to have one.......its called Unintended Consequences

talk is cheap
track records are everything
go ron

M.Bellmore
12-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Is there a youtube?

conner_condor
12-17-2007, 08:16 AM
I am telling you, anyone against guns and wants to ban assault rifles will not get elected. No way in hell.

pickdog
12-17-2007, 08:33 AM
agreed except Hitlery

Gunpartsguy
12-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Remember how the anti's said there would be blood in the streets after the last AW ban sunsetted? What a bunch of maroons (To paraphrase Bugs Bunny). Funny thing is that that ban only kept us from having flash hiders and bayo lugs (No drive by bayonettings now!) on semi auto weapons with removable mags and a pistol grip. Plus it stopped production of "Hi capacity" magazines. Just raised prices of the mags. They were still available. So many fudds at the range would state " That gun is illegal!" When I'd get out one of my FN FAL's. I'd show them the light. Most would walk away educated. Some hung onto their "belief" rather than listen to facts.

Romney...go figure! He's an empty suit. :rolleyes:

SWATH
12-18-2007, 08:41 AM
They all say they support the 2nd amendment. They're politicians. I think even Hillary says she supports the 2nd amendment, only to her it means she support only the military and police having guns.

xd9fan
12-18-2007, 09:48 AM
swath

love this

Has Gun Will Revolt

:cool:

1997 F250
12-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Just An Old Bumper Sticker

xd9fan
12-19-2007, 01:39 AM
"If guns cause crime then all of mine must be defective." - Ted Nugent

Mine too......to think they just sit there lined up in the gun case and take it like that.
They must be defective.:rolleyes:

SimpleName
12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I just happened to be watching Meet the Press for the first time in a few months when that came up and I had no clue Romney was still on that side of gun laws. More reason to not like the guy. Not like the "assault weapons" ban truly got rid of them, but it was a neat little trick to make you think they were gone that Romney of course fell for.

jdmac44
01-08-2008, 11:12 AM
you have to be careful with these guys because they may say they believe in the 2nd Amendment, but you have to ask them what they believe about it. A lot of these guys believe it means protections for hunting rifles and shotguns, but no "military" applications. But I mean hey, look at Giuliani, he's the biggest two face of them all. They learned their lesson from the last "ban" though, if there's another one, it'll be comprehensive. They tried to put it through last year and it got rid of everything, it was a real ban. So be vigilant.

OddballAZ
01-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Congress has tried to reinstate the ban every year since it expired in 2004. It hasn't gone anywhere. Democrats have said they believe they lost in 2000 because of gun control. Romney, Guilani and McCain are all Democrats. So hearing they like gun control should not surprise anyone.

Just because congress hasn't gone anywhere with the new ban doesn't mean they won't try again of course. We have to be even more vigilant and vocal. Join the NRA. If you think their anti gun, then join the GOA. Just join something. Pay attention to what's going on. Both the NRA and GOA are good about sending emails when stuff is happening in congress. Then you can bombard your congressbackstabers with emails and phone calls. We have to be UNITED in the fight to keep our rights.

Shellshock1918
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
And yet Republicans vote for that idiot.

MKleinschmidt
01-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Romney is a fraud and a liar. The notion that support is needed for our constitution and the second amendment is flawed . These so called "leaders" are bound by oath to defend and uphold our constitution without regard to whether they support it. If they break their oath then they deserve to be impeached. It is time to stop electing cowards and treasonists and take back our freedom.

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-11-2008, 08:35 AM
"If guns cause crime then all of mine must be defective." - Ted Nugent

i'm totally going to steal this haha thanks for the post

RonRules
01-11-2008, 09:01 AM
That's not going to go down good in Utah. I lived there a couple of years and there's guns everywhere. Assault weapons are common at gun shows there.