PDA

View Full Version : How corrupt is the MEDIA not one TV story on Huckabee lying about THEOLOGY DEGREE!!

Falseflagop
12-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Not one!!, Sweep up the rug?? He claims to be a minister and lies about his degree?? This is a VERY serious event that he admits too, this is the clown they are pushing> What a joke!

tfelice
12-16-2007, 08:23 AM
1. No one cares
2. It won't help or hurt his campaign
3. You don't need a theology degree to be a minister

10thAmendmentMan
12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
From what I read, it sounded like he just misspoke about his religion degree and wasn't really trying to misrepresent himself.

Ben Elliott
12-16-2007, 08:26 AM
He's not a very good minister if he lies. Especially about something concerning his religion.

WillInMiami
12-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Not one!!, Sweep up the rug?? He claims to be a minister and lies about his degree?? This is a VERY serious event that he admits too, this is the clown they are pushing> What a joke!

It's not really a story. The guy has a degree in religion and studied theology for a bit. It's not such a big deal to people that he said he had a degree in theology given his actual studies.

Don't get me wrong, I think Huck is a a phony bastard. It's just that this particular issue is a non-issue. I would rather the media talks about his love of illegal alliens, criminals, taxes, and gifts from people that he gives government jobs to...

rfbz
12-16-2007, 08:35 AM
yeah..I was on the Huckabee forums and they were saying that while he doesn't have a theology degree he does have a degree in theology. lol..not exactly but it's one of those word play type things where he can find a way to justify what he said. I'm not too worried about the lack of coverage on it now. I know the media is about to FRY him, they're just waiting for the right time. Believe he, he doesn't have a chance in hell at the nomination. The conservative base has been saying that if they have to vote for Huckabee in the general election, it will be the hardest vote they've ever had to cast, and some have even threatened to vote for Hillary instead.

tfelice
12-16-2007, 08:38 AM
One also needs to realize that there are editors that decide what gets run and what doesn't. If you have a list of ten stories and are running 5 of them, do you really think Huck's Theology degree is making the cut?

noztnac
12-16-2007, 08:59 AM
It's coming:

firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/12/14/518108.aspx

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/287527.aspx

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=15073

digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huckabee_Falsely_Claiming_To_Have_Theology_Degree

news.monstersandcritics.com/usa/news/article_1381292.php

reformedchicksblabbing.blogspot.com/2007/12/what-s-up-with-huckabees-theology.html
:):):)

therealjjj77
12-16-2007, 09:05 AM
If this was simply a one time slip up, one time of misrepresenting himself, I could see how someone could make a defense for him. However, this is NOT the first time he has lied on television or the second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO-flytX2HQ

Watch the whole video and you tell me if we are dealing with an honest man or a sleazy lying snake.

familydog
12-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Just because it came from Huckabee's mouth doesn't automatically make it a lie. Sounds like he mispoke. Those things DO happen to people we don't like you know.

Zydeco
12-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't really consider Huckabee's statement a "lie." He does have a degree in religion and did a bunch of work towards a master's in theology.

So if I were him I wouldn't repeat that phrase, but it was more of a fudge than an outright lie.

rpfreedom08
12-16-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't know why people are talking about huck so much. First off the poll numbers only reflect what people voted last go around most of whom where bush people so there is no surprise why his poll numbers are so high. Also you have to realize that while the evangelicals make a large portion of voters it's not near as much as what they are giving him credit for and most of the people I’ve talked to that are true evangelical christians are not voting for him.