PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Meetup kicked out of Marlins game

mesler
07-04-2007, 02:57 PM
http://www.ronpaulpresshub.com/?p=91

Amazing. WTF is a grassroots candidate supposed to do to get known?

johnrocks
07-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Democracy is getting harder by the day to really be heard in our Republic!!

winston84
07-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow, not a surprise. Looks like the only people who had a problem with it weren't on the stands.

sickmint79
07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
add more people
everyone wears white, some people wear blue or red
buy a chunk of seats and all sit together to spell it out?

not sure how well that would work/how many people you need. but it would be sweet. ;D

cac1963
07-04-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.ronpaulpresshub.com/?p=91

Amazing. WTF is a grassroots candidate supposed to do to get known?

The video doesn't show them being ejected from the park. The video ends with Paul's supporters still sitting there as it to watch the rest of the game, with one guy suggesting to hold up the signs again.

Were they actually removed?

james1906
07-04-2007, 04:08 PM
people actually go to marlins games?

AlexAmore
07-04-2007, 04:29 PM
If this happens and they take the signs, just bring a copy and hide it in your jacket. :D

Son of Norway
07-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't think that supporting Ron Paul was the issue here. They would have caught the same grief regardless of the candidate they were supporting.

Speaking as a Ron Paul supporter AND and baseball fan, I support a constitutional amendment separating baseball and state.

Wyurm
07-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't think that supporting Ron Paul was the issue here. They would have caught the same grief regardless of the candidate they were supporting.

Speaking as a Ron Paul supporter AND and baseball fan, I support a constitutional amendment separating baseball and state.

no, the signs were approved by the park. It was a complaint by Fox Sports that prompted the confiscation. There is another thread about this somewhere here made by the Meetup leader.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I shooed off the FCC crackdown to the MSM of NO RP news, but I may just be starting to believe in this particular conspiracy theory. No other explanation for this on top of the Iowa Rally blackout. They're going to do the same with his fundraising report. There will be no mention of him on July 16.

Man from La Mancha
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
The awakening. This is great as more and more common folks join the Ron Paul band wagon thru personal contact which MSM can't stop. These new people will get a 1st hand demonstration of how media is controlling their lives and these people will start looking at the big picture and seeing all the lies.

MsDoodahs
07-04-2007, 07:19 PM
I really believe we need flyers/ads that show a pic of RP with tape over his mouth and the caption: WHY DOES THE MEDIA WANT TO KEEP YOU FROM HEARING WHAT DR PAUL HAS TO SAY? or something to that effect.

We have to get the word out in two ways: the NEW media (internet) and the really old way: radio, mailings, and one to one contact.

IrrigatedPancake
07-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I shooed off the FCC crackdown to the MSM of NO RP news, but I may just be starting to believe in this particular conspiracy theory. No other explanation for this on top of the Iowa Rally blackout. They're going to do the same with his fundraising report. There will be no mention of him on July 16.

I would classify it as a Republican conspiracy rather than an FCC one. That's where the greatest resistance seems to be so far, and maybe certain Republican leaders have some media sway, kind of like if Tony Snow tells some reporters Iran is holding the world hostage with a giant laser mounted on the moon, then they might as well have seen the Iranians putting the thing in place with their own eyes, since that's how they're going to report it.

mesler
07-04-2007, 09:43 PM
The video doesn't show them being ejected from the park. The video ends with Paul's supporters still sitting there as it to watch the rest of the game, with one guy suggesting to hold up the signs again.

Were they actually removed?

I actually reposted what another blogger said, however, upon looking at the original youtube video page, it doesn't appear as though they were kicked out, only harassed.

Can someone who was there elaborate?

mesler
07-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok, this was quoted from the youtube page:

I was there. They first confiscated the sign that said "who is Ron Paul?" We also had signs spelling out "r o n p a u l 2 0 0 8"; they later came back and took all those signs too. Rather forcefully, I might add. And with two Miami Police officers... I used to think the police were there to "protect and serve" the little guy, not FoxSports.

So they didn't kick them out but they did confiscate their signs.

rp4prez
07-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the policy of the stadium. Maybe it would be better if everyone would wear a Ron Paul 2008 t-shirt instead of bringing a big sign?