PDA

View Full Version : Converting the unbelievers.

Akus
07-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I would like to know what are the deal breakers that do not let people support Ron Paul.

I can think of 3:

1. They downright don't know he exists.
2. They agree with his views, but think supporting him is a waste of a vote.
3. They agree with his views, except for one deal-breaker (Iraq, drugs, eliminating one particular govt. bureaucracy or another, fill in the blank).
4. They are just plain indifferent.

What are your obstacles that you meet when trying to "evangelize to the lost" about Ron Paul?:)

mconder
07-04-2007, 02:26 PM
I think there is so little name recognition we should only focus on those who are easily converted and let the rest continue their instruction from Fox News. We don't have time or resources to make hard sells. In my experience, Ron's message has been very well received in my community.

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I've gone against a staunch Giuilani supporter, and he was really hardcore. Total pro-war, somewhat insultive, and a promoter of middle eastern death. I almost gave up until he mentioned something about Alaskan oil being sent to the Chinese. I capitalized on it somehow, and got him to smile and say he'll look Ron up on YouTube ( he also thought YouTube was total BS )

richard1984
07-04-2007, 02:40 PM
A lot of people choose to overlook him because he "has no chance of winning." Also, I think that many people hear him associated with the term "libertarian" and automatically assume he's radical (in a bad way) and/or that he's running as the Libertarian Party candidate (somehow, my mom thought that...even though she saw at least one of the debates on TV...). Basically, I think that a lot of people turn a blind eye and (intentionally) overlook him because he's being labelled as "a long shot" and a "second tier candidate." Of course, a lot of people don't care about that (like us) once they hear his message. I think that most people really want a president like Ron Paul, but they're so confused and mislead by the media that they fail to act on personal principle and, instead, fall in step with the rhythm of the MSM. Like Dr. Paul has pointed out: Americans have a very short memory span. They leave themselves open to "professional" (i.e., MSM) suggestion because they don't know what to think.
It's still early in the race, though. Anything can happen. And that's why we need to work hard now--to make sure that it does happen.

Brandybuck
07-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Converting unbelievers? Evangelism? This isn't a relligion, folks, it's a political campaign! If the campaign is overshadowing, or has replaced, your spiritual faith, then you need to step back and get your priorities in order!

WannaBfree
07-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I first give them a Freedom To Fascism DVD. Now that gets them interested, concerned, shocked. Then the next time, I give them a Ron Paul DVD (the solution). They will recognize him from the first DVD too.

1k9
07-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Just my opinion but I suggest that you don't try to convince or tell people about Ron Paul. I know sounds kind of counter productive, but people will just tune out and maybe ignore you and your message. At least I tune out people that try to convince me of something.

I think the best thing to do is get people aware by name recognition, and let them "discover" Ron Paul themselves. Do this by just mentioning how much time you spend on the Internet searching for Ron Paul or how excited you are about the upcoming election. If they ask questions then answer them.

IMO

scbissler
07-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I think the best thing to do is get people aware by name recognition, and let them "discover" Ron Paul themselves. Do this by just mentioning how much time you spend on the Internet searching for Ron Paul or how excited you are about the upcoming election. If they ask questions then answer them.

IMO

I completely agree. Right now name recognition is what I'm trying to work on. Just got back from a 4th celebration where I had brochures and my "Google Ron Paul" sign. Some will look him up, and we all know that once his message is heard there is a high conversion rate.

GoRonPaul
07-04-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't know if this is the right thread for this discussion... but anyway... I do think that name recognition is the biggest stumbling block.

While I don't want to in any way encourage any kind of stunts that would be embarrassing for Paul or the campaign... we really need something to get more attention to him... just so people hear the name and have some idea of what he's about.

Here's what I suggest... an essay writing contest. Where we the supporters put up the prize money of $10,000 for the best essay about how Ron Paul could protect America's freedoms if elected President (that could be too direct)... It could be turned into a whole event... and I think if promoted right would get some good press attention. Maybe it's only for kids ages 0-18... It's like Young Patriot Idol or something, and the kids read the essays on Youtube and people vote for the best one...

There are a lot of different options. But, something like that would get MSM press attention...

What do you guys think?

johnrocks
07-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I think the biggest right now is they simply don't know he exists. I will mention his name to no less than 30-40 people a week in my business and 28-38 will say "Ron who", also I live in an area that is heavy "neo-conned" so when I do start telling people about his stand on the issues, their heads are saying "yes" until I get ti the War in Iraq and then they have that puppy dog that doesn't understand the command look and I know it will take a lot more educating on that issue.

Man from La Mancha
07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Converting unbelievers? Evangelism? This isn't a relligion, folks, it's a political campaign! If the campaign is overshadowing, or has replaced, your spiritual faith, then you need to step back and get your priorities in order!
Politely disagree. This should be a religion for now. This should consume your life. What does anything matter without freedom?? This could very well be our last chance before a technology controlled dictatorship, never seen before in the history of the world. Total surveillance of your whole life and very soon your thoughts. At the very least the more people who learn of the constitution and their freedoms the better, that it will last well past this election. So the more you can evangelize and get converts the better. The more people awakened.

long live the religion of FREEDOM

Brandybuck
07-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Politely disagree. This should be a religion for now.
Sorry, but I already have a religion. I am not going to give that up for any man, not even Ron Paul. Otherwise I would be no better than the "religious right" who abandoned Jesus for big government neocons. Elections happen every two years, but God is eternal.

RonPaulGetsIt
07-04-2007, 09:08 PM
I think most people just don't know he exists. It's up to us to talk about him as much as possible. I have been known to bore a few relatives at family BBQs about gold and silver, etc. but Ron Paul is can be discussed in so many ways pertaining to each specific person's area of interest. Like a virus spreading from person to person, his beliefs are contagious. We need to be heard discussing Ron Paul often and convincingly.

netmasta10bt
07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Here's what I suggest... an essay writing contest. Where we the supporters put up the prize money of $10,000 for the best essay about how Ron Paul could protect America's freedoms if elected President (that could be too direct)... It could be turned into a whole event... and I think if promoted right would get some good press attention. Maybe it's only for kids ages 0-18... It's like Young Patriot Idol or something, and the kids read the essays on Youtube and people vote for the best one...
What do you guys think?

I like it. Maybe write it up an outline of what needs to happen in a new thread?

Man from La Mancha
07-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry, but I already have a religion. I am not going to give that up for any man, not even Ron Paul. Otherwise I would be no better than the "religious right" who abandoned Jesus for big government neocons. Elections happen every two years, but God is eternal.

This not just an election this to reestablish Freedom.

Who ever said to give up your religion just, use as much fervor as in your own religion to pass on the Freedom message. Guess what, in the future totalitarian dictatorship you will no longer be able to practice your own religion but the satanist religion of the state. So without freedom what will you do. Why does something be only one way or another.

Horace Greeley, Editor and Politician

“It is impossible to enslave mentally or socially a Bible-reading people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom.”

You better defend it now while you got the chance

Blowback
07-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I think we have to fucus on young people or really old people. I've tried talking to my parents and their friends and it is so completely hopeless. Their idiot friends actually think Romney is the darkhorse in the race. I was speechless.

I tried to get my parents to watch freedom to facism and we stopped halfway through to be picked up again the next day. NADA. Completely forgotten.

Once people are close to retirement they are just so set in their ways it seems.

I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall.

Sorry for the rant.

Akus
07-04-2007, 10:38 PM

Brandybuck, it was a joke. Calm down. Ron Paul isn't God and I'd be an idiot to say he is. It was an allegory.

Mesogen
07-05-2007, 01:06 AM
I like the idea of letting people discover Ron Paul for themselves, but they have to be subtly directed to it. Find a way to subtly bring up the Federal Reserve in conversation or subtly bring up the IRS, somehow. Then ask "have you seen that movie "Freedom to Fascism"? or some other documentary like that. Don't even bring up Ron Paul's name. At least not for a while. (I'm talking about people you know and will see again, because eventually, if they are clueless, you have to bring his name up.)

billv
07-05-2007, 01:28 AM
I have a suggestion when they object to Ron Paul being unelectable:

Tell them the Republican Party screwed you, so if you think he's unelectable, how about screwing them back. =)

austin356
07-05-2007, 01:31 AM
My roommate is an accountant and she says she will not vote for Paul b/c he wants to eliminate the IRS.

She agrees with him on everything else, and even commented on how she wished "we would just close all those bases around the world"........

Has anyone had any success defeating these one issue stumpers?

You'd a think she would pick another issue to say no too LOLOL.

Akus
07-05-2007, 06:51 PM
austin356,

I personally don't bother with die hards like you roommate.

There are way too many people who have never heard of Ron Paul to bother converting one person who is against him for that assinine a reason.

Just be politically active and spread awareness. Ron Paul isn't a tough sell. His rhetoric sells itself.

Roxi
07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
My roommate is an accountant and she says she will not vote for Paul b/c he wants to eliminate the IRS.

She agrees with him on everything else, and even commented on how she wished "we would just close all those bases around the world"........

Has anyone had any success defeating these one issue stumpers?

You'd a think she would pick another issue to say no too LOLOL.

has your roomate seen america: freedom to fascism? MAKE her sit down and watch it if not...PAY her if necessary....if this wont bring her around NOTHING will