PDA

View Full Version : Just Imagine

free.alive
12-16-2007, 05:20 AM
What the next moneybomb day can be with all the new support we will garner from today!

So we should start planning it NOW!

http://www.datesinhistory.com/

If we start now we can be promoting it and maybe get another money blast before either Iowa/NH, Jan 19th (SC + NV) or Super Tuesday (Feb 5).

How long were we promoting Nov 5? Two weeks, three?

We have 18 days to Iowa, 23 'til New Hampshire.

Coola
12-16-2007, 05:24 AM
January 1, 1862 The first US income tax (3% of incomes > $600, 5% of incomes > $10,000)

OooooOOooooooOOoooooooo

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-16-2007, 05:25 AM
A January 10th money bomb to raise money ahead of Tsunami Tuesday - the anniversary of the publishing of Thomas Paine's "Common Sense," the pamphlet that sparked the American Revolution ??

free.alive
12-16-2007, 05:25 AM
Yeah, that's kinda relevant! hehe

Patriot2572
12-16-2007, 05:30 AM
A January 10th money bomb to raise money ahead of Tsunami Tuesday - the anniversary of the publishing of Thomas Paine's "Common Sense," the pamphlet that sparked the American Revolution ??

sounds good to me!

Delain
12-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Maybe organize an event where the focus isnt solely on fundraising?

This tea party has already some activities surrounding it but maybe combine some "out of the box" campaign activity, something everyone should be able to participate in locally, do in their own town on a small or large scale, with the next money bomb.

free.alive
12-16-2007, 05:37 AM
I like it.

How about themes.

Nov 5 - anti-state/anti-oppression/segregation, a celebration of an act that's commonly scorned

12/16 - anti-tax/anti, a celebration of an act that symbolized the people vs the oppressors

What date before either the early caucuses or Super Tuesday carries a similar meaning or is as symbolic?

Drknows
12-16-2007, 05:38 AM
The sooner the better.

free.alive
12-16-2007, 05:39 AM
I like coupling it with an event.

Maybe even couple it with a primary, say New Hampshire?

What kind of message do we send, what happens, if RP voter turnout in the New Hampshire Primary is reason for the moneybomb and the "Live Free or Die" motto is carried through the streets everywhere?

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-16-2007, 05:42 AM
A January 10th Common Sense Day would be a great day to do a huge money bomb right after Ron Paul wins the NH primary, it would keep the positive press rolling, besides giving Ron a buttload of money to blitz the Tsunami Tuesday states with. Plus, 2 days would probably be good to let the news of the NH win die down so that the money bomb news wouldn't just get absorbed under the news of the primary win.

Drknows
12-16-2007, 05:43 AM

What kind of message do we send, what happens, if RP voter turnout in the New Hampshire Primary is reason for the moneybomb and the "Live Free or Die" motto is carried through the streets everywhere?

Yeah sounds good.

Are you making a site?

I think the sooner the better though i think we waited too long for this one.

Delain
12-16-2007, 05:44 AM
01/30

1815 Burned Library of Congress reestablished with Jefferson's 6500 volumes

An education theme?

The subjects the media should be reporting on but dont?

edit: no good, has to be earlier

Drknows
12-16-2007, 05:45 AM
01/30

1815 Burned Library of Congress reestablished with Jefferson's 6500 volumes

An education theme?

The subjects the media should be reporting on but dont?

Revolution theme :D

We need to stick to our roots. People want drastic change across the board not just one issue.

Delain
12-16-2007, 05:47 AM

Good one!

People can use their creativity on that :)

newmedia4ron
12-16-2007, 05:47 AM
has everybody did this? (signature)

phixion
12-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Don't you Americans like street party's?

That would bring a lot of people in to the fold, I would think?

Free food and drink for all, paid for by the Ron Paul supporters who organise each one, obviously.

ronpaulstreetparty.com ?

Pete

Delain
12-16-2007, 06:08 AM
Don't you Americans like street party's?

That would bring a lot of people in to the fold, I would think?

Free food and drink for all, paid for by the Ron Paul supporters who organise each one, obviously.

ronpaulstreetparty.com ?

Pete

Also a good one!

I would think that it would be great people could participate locally. With just a few people or with 100 fellow supporters, everyone would be able to join in. It would be nationwide and it would show that Ron Paul supporters are indeed everywhere. :)

It could even be done in other countries as a sign of solidarity

AceNZ
12-16-2007, 06:08 AM
I think having more than one a month is a bad idea. It won't raise any more total money, and for press reasons it's better to have fewer, bigger days.

How about Martin Luther King's birthday, Jan 15 (not MLK day, which I think is Jan 21 this year)? If anyone stood for a modern American revolution, he certainly did.

Verad
12-16-2007, 07:34 AM
January 2, 1776. First Revolutionary Flag displayed.
January 3, 1777 General George Washington's troops emerge victorious against the British in the Battle of Princeton.
January 9, 1790 George Washington delivers first "State of the Union" address
January 10, 1776 Thomas Paine publishes his famous pamphlet, Common Sense.
January 14, 1784 Revolutionary War ends; Congress ratifies the Treaty of Paris

All of these make sense to me. Also, does anyone know exactly what dates Jefferson and Jackson closed their respective national banks?

free.alive
12-16-2007, 07:55 AM
I like the Common Sense theme. I like the block party idea, too, although it would have to be a really motivated group in most of the country where the weather sucks in January. I can see us here in WA out there with our umbrellas, the grill covered by a tarp tent, barrels of trash burning for heat like at the Italian Market in Philly. And don't doubt that we'd do it...

Plus, although it would be kinda cool to play it off the NH primary.....what if, I dare say.......what if we don't win. Not that I don't think that NH Ron Paulers and OLFOD isn't rockin and perfectly capable, but it would be cool if that wasn't something that could dampen the mood at all.

More than one a month is a good point, I guess. But time is really no longer a luxury. Here's the only problem with Common Sense day - Is it capable of tapping into the rebellious, renegade spirit that has helped so much at least 11/5 and we'll see if it helps today?

free.alive
12-16-2007, 07:59 AM
I like it:

1/14 - Victory Day, or Freedom Day, Sovereignty Day or forget a name, what's the slogan?

The YouTube video could mishmash different audio versions of the Star-Spangled Banner. In fact, can we keep the video length to that of the song?

free.alive
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
A lot of good ideas. I see there have been other threads and it seems there's still no conclusive plan. We need something to inspire.

I know April is sorted out with the "Shot Heard Round the World."

Can we get something for January figured out?