PDA

View Full Version : Well, something good could come of this....

fedup100
05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I just read another hit piece from Michelle Maulkin....hope I spelled it wrong.

Well....any way as I read it, and as I notice all the censoring and blacklisting in the media, an idea came to my little brain.

I was gracious enough to share it with Ms. Malkin first....and what do you guys think. Here is the little note I sent her.

Ms. Maulkin,

I have seen you on several news media outlets. I guess my biggest concern is your age. Wisdom comes with years....and you are a bit short on both.

I am now of the inclination to push forth a LAW, I know you would like another one....but I digress.....a law that any talk show host or pundit or anyone that will be placed on the government news channels video or audio that wish to spew their opinion, must be investigated and then voted into that position by the viewing public. Since my next door neighbor is a member of the Senate, I think I will get somewhere with this idea.

For you see....as it now stands, those like yourself, that are suspect as well as wet behind the ears, that have been dis-educated with anti American views should not have a public:D bully pulpit.

So since censorship and all things anti American is "in", by God lets give you a taste of the fascist road you’re dragging us down.

p.s. start looking for a real job....after this LAW goes into effect....well I don't think we will be seeing much of you.

Pissed off and awake!

aravoth
05-19-2007, 01:27 PM
hahaha

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
lol..fedup, that was classic.

FOX's (among other MSM) attempts to smear Ron Paul are simply going
to boost the buzz about Ron.

Seriously - controversy is a powerful FREE marketing tool. It forces people
to "seek" out more information just for the curiosity. That's a very good thing
for grassroots movements.

I hope they try bashing Ron every single day.

- Dave

DavyDuke17
05-19-2007, 02:36 PM
If you are referring to her piece on http://michellemalkin.com/ .. she has at least apologized for her mistake despite still bashing Ron Paul followers. However, she also stated that she's received a lot of hate mail since her appearance on Fox News. Now, I know what she said was extremely stupid and she may be embellishing the term hate mail, but everyone should be reminded that a threatening approach is not going to give credibility to the Ron Paul movement.

I sent her a response in which I thanked her for retracting her statements but also once again made it clear how much a mistake she made by asking here this: If you had stated that Rudy Giuliani thought that the world trade center attacks were an inside job, although thats clearly not what he believes, how long do you think you would have your job?

In her post, I thought the first sentence was the most important:

Last week, on John Gibson's Fox News Channel show, "The Big Story," I was asked to comment on 9/11 conspiracy theorists and Ron Paul.
So someone asked her to comment on it from higher up in Fox News? So they had already made this false connection before approaching her and were just asking her to be the voice for it?

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-19-2007, 02:59 PM
she may be embellishing the term hate mail?

If questioning US foreign policy is unamerican, then email which disagrees with Maulkin ;) is "hate mail."

Kandilynn
05-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know her e-mail address?

surf
05-19-2007, 03:26 PM
When she was in Seattle about 10-years ago i saw her speak at a libertarian dinner. I subsequently had two LTEs published in the Seattle Times, both gushing with praise.

wish i could rewind....

billv
05-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, the buzz will be boosted for Congressman Paul but I have found it difficult to spread his message. It can be a bit intellectual at first if you haven't heard it or thought about it before. It runs so against the status quo that we have all gotten used to. I'm trying to win over a guy I work with but I think he's been Hannitized for quite a while.

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I used to be a sheeple and hard core fan of fox news.

Guess what?

I woke up on 9/11 after seeing the media propaganda explode across
the networks.

Like I said in another thread... to win this we need to educate people so
they begin to use their critical thought process and think for themselves.

Once they start thinking its not long before they find the right path.

This is where a solid DVD and info packet would come into play. Let people
digest all the info on their own terms and time.

Look back at the revolution. Education played a HUGE roll in it. If it were
not for the booklet "Common Sense" I doubt there would have been a
revolution at that time. We need a 21st Century version of Common Sense
in several different media formats.

Let people Read, watch, listen and browse.

I will have a site up in the near future that will focus on that very thing.

- Dave

ThePieSwindler
05-19-2007, 05:02 PM
The 9/11 truth movement is a large base of support for paul, but thats the biggest thing that worries me - that he'll be linked to the movement and considered a conspiracy theorist by the population (he already is by the mainstream media). He needs to walk a fine line. What do you guys think about his appearances at 9/11 truth movement events? Do you think it will have a negative influence on voters who agree with his principles but do not believe 9/11 was an inside job? Also, what exactly did Maulkin botch/mess up/censor? Was there a debate about this in a previous thread?

kylejack
05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
The 9/11 truth movement is a large base of support for paul, but thats the biggest thing that worries me - that he'll be linked to the movement and considered a conspiracy theorist by the population (he already is by the mainstream media). He needs to walk a fine line. What do you guys think about his appearances at 9/11 truth movement events? Do you think it will have a negative influence on voters who agree with his principles but do not believe 9/11 was an inside job? Also, what exactly did Maulkin botch/mess up/censor? Was there a debate about this in a previous thread?

He didn't exactly appear at one of their events. He went to a house party, and those kids showed up as well and tried to talk him into opening a new investigation. Though yes, he has gone on Alex Jones.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-19-2007, 05:13 PM
The 9/11 truth movement is a large base of support for paul, but thats the biggest thing that worries me - that he'll be linked to the movement and considered a conspiracy theorist by the population [snip] Also, what exactly did Maulkin botch/mess up/censor?

That's it -- she linked him to the Truthers, insinuating (or outright saying -- I don't recall) that he thought 9/11 was an inside job.

Didn't she?

ThePieSwindler
05-19-2007, 05:18 PM
He didn't exactly appear at one of their events. He went to a house party, and those kids showed up as well and tried to talk him into opening a new investigation. Though yes, he has gone on Alex Jones.

Alex Jones and G Edward Griffen are how i found out about Ron Paul(and how im sure alot of others have as well), so his association with them is not necessarily a detriment to his cause - however, he needs to be careful not to associate himself to closely with them. We on here, and most rational, informed individuals, realize that his views on 9/11 and foreign policy have nothing to do with the truth movement, and everything to do with documented CIA reports with historical precedence. However, the on-the-fence voter who still has some faith in the mainstream media's ability to convey the truth might see Paul for what he is not -"Blame-America-first anti-patriot", rather than what he is - a genuine patriot with a real allegiance to the constitution and pure American government.

MsDoodahs
05-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't personally believe that the state "planned" 9/11 or even had anything to do with 9/11 because I believe the state is completely INCOMPETENT.

If I understand it correctly, 9/11 truthers do not trust the state to tell the truth.

Why would those who don't trust the state love Ron Paul?

Maybe because they believe the man is HONEST and TELLS THE TRUTH?

That right there is something I have IN COMMON with truthers. :)

I STILL do not believe that it is a problem for RP if truthers show up at his events. They see the man as HONEST. Folks, THAT is a COMPLIMENT to Ron Paul.
:)

mdh
05-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Can we consolidate all of the chatter regarding "9/11 Truthers", conspiracy theorists, and opinions regarding links to/the repercussions of talking to/etc Ron Paul? It seems like no less than a dozen threads in the past 48 hours have been hijacked to discuss this topic.... Thanks :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Here's the vid of Maulkin saying RP has no business on stage with the GOP, saying he's infected with the 911 conspiracy virus. She says he's one of the tinfoil hat wearers. She "hopes" that appearing on Alex Jones show "would disqualify him."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_qUvgfzuPM

Warning: It's very loud.

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Here's the vid of Maulkin saying RP has no business on stage with the GOP, saying he's infected with the 911 conspiracy virus. She says he's one of the tinfoil hat wearers. She "hopes" that appearing on Alex Jones show "would disqualify him."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_qUvgfzuPM

Warning: It's very loud.
Here's something interesting that I caught on a blog post... I tossed it in a text file:
---
"Then Giuliani jumps in and is given time to rebut (improperly--magically his microphone is live, while all others are off): Giuliani's microphone was turned on so that he could rebut Paul. How did Giuliani get an open mic? The microphones of non speakers are always in the off position when their turn is over so as to not feed in noise to the system. His was left on when Paul was speaking."
---
Obviously the debate had that episode setup already, but that comment makes a good point.

- Dave

MsDoodahs
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Wow, that's pretty damning of Faux News.

of course, I damned them a long time ago. :mad:

I bannished them from my television. :mad:

They are only allowed on these days when I'm on "Ron Paul watch."

MediaTruthNetwork
05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow, that's pretty damning of Faux News.

of course, I damned them a long time ago. :mad:

I bannished them from my television. :mad:

They are only allowed on these days when I'm on "Ron Paul watch."

That's exactly how it is in our house. No propaganda here.

Hell, I'm for a hostile take over of the media!

OK back to reality... just thinking out loud. :D

- Dave

MsDoodahs
05-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Hell, I'm for a hostile take over of the media!

- Dave

I think they call it the RonPaulRevolution.

:D

4Horsemen
05-19-2007, 08:28 PM

Just tell them that many respected people question the 911 Commission's report. There's 100s of questions that need to be answered, that's not a theory but FACT! Yes, stay away from calling it an inside job because that hasn't been proven, just call it "Reinvestigate 911" that shouldn't offend to many people. Tell them to check out this website, and then ask them if they are a bunch of tin-hats?
http://www.patriotsquestion911.com/

4Horsemen
05-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Fox News, propaganda you can trust! :)