the_oco
12-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Wow what a slanted story
http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/264599.html

Wyurm
12-16-2007, 03:05 AM
Wow what a slanted story
http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/264599.html

Yeah, I'd say its awfully slanted. He's afraid we are going to take over the GOP and says Ron Paul doesn't represent Republican values. Its really the exact opposite, we are taking the Republican party back from those who took it over and Ron Paul is the only one who represents Republican values.

TheIndependent
12-16-2007, 03:05 AM
FLOOD your local GOP and start taking back the party. That's what this article is inspiring me to do.

Everyone except Paul is going to shill for the status quo, and I'll be damned if I take it anymore! Get involved yourself and let's get the ball rolling back to where we should have always been!

Jerome
12-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Wow, what a joke. On the other hand, it just confirms that they are shaking in their boots and acknowledge that we have the numbers and enthusiasm to affect the party.

rodent
12-16-2007, 03:06 AM
That story got me fired up.

This is more than just a takeover, this is taking what's ours.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-16-2007, 03:07 AM
Ron Paul is the black sheep

Cunningham
12-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Wow. So we're the R.I.N.O's now? I'll be happen to have the party taken away from these dead enders who talk about the constitution out of one side of there mouth and call it "just a piece of paper" out of the other.
My family has been republican forever but I gave up on the party when they gave up on the constitution. I'm happy to be part of taking it back.

chinaCat
12-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Its slanted, but telling. I particularly liked the last line of the article which read:

“That should be a red alert to regular Republicans,” Robinson said. “If you don’t want your party taken over, you better get involved.”

What, I believe he fails to realize is that many republicans have apathetically let their party be taken over by fear and values that they have traditionally not supported. Paul and his grassroots are trying to get their party back.

So I kinda liked the horribly worded story, because it shows something very good. We have a pretty good chance, even though the introductory paragraph doesn't seem to understand what a good chance means. As their final paragraphs seems to contradict their point of Paul not being a contender.

parke
12-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Anyone on the fence reading that would wonder why they are talking about 'Regular Republicans'.

They must not want us in the party. They wont budge at all with Dr. Paul. That last line is hysterical when you think about it.. Alerting the base, there is somebody scary at the gates. He has morals and presents some real change to the system. We gotta get that guy outta here!

MGreen
12-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Nah, he's right. Our voices don't deserve to be heard, and it's pretty clear the Republican Party doesn't need any more support.

Game's over guys. Let's shut down operations. Lights out.

voytechs
12-16-2007, 03:21 AM
I read that earlier. I actually kind of liked it. All I could think about is an old neo-con sell out trying to figure out how save his job.

john_anderson_ii
12-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Someone please PM me that guys address, or the address of the county office. I'll personally pen him a letter explaining why all "those darn kids" are the future of this country. I'll let him know, that neoconservatism, through famine or failure, is on its last legs, and all those "kids" aren't willing to settle for famine.

Someone needs to be taught what conservative is, apparently he's forgotten.

NewEnd
12-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Whats great is, the old neocons call to arms will be met by silence, and he will be over-run by the revolution.

This civil war in the GOP was a long time coming. The Libertarian wing left, tried to form it's own party, failed, and now is coming back with a vengeance.

SeanEdwards
12-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Geez, what are these dorks worried about? I thought their story was that Paul only had two internet spammers for support. ;)

Anti Federalist
12-16-2007, 07:38 AM
From the article:

Robinson said he has no problem with grassroots campaigns, but for him Paul does not represent Republican values. And in many years, he said, not many Republicans come to the local caucuses, which means Paul supporters might be able to take over and send more delegates in favor of Paul to the state convention.

Did it ever occur to you, MISTER Robinson, that the reason nobody is showing up to your caucuses, is because of what you are peddling as "republican values".

Endless war, out of control growing government, a domestic police state, just to name a few: these are no republican values I'm aware of, and I've been a Republican all my adult life.

You are a fucking tool sir, and your party and values, as you perceive them to be, deserve to lose and lose badly.

livinglegend
12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Endless war, out of control growing government, a domestic police state, just to name a few: these are no republican values I'm aware of, and I've been a Republican all my adult life.

I think you missed the last 7 years. Big, intrusive government and constant war are planks in the new Republican Party platform.

Alabama Supporter
12-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I sure hope the RP state coordinator writes an excellent response to this.

quickmike
12-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, in essence theyre saying "It took us years to turn the Republican party into a more left leaning party and these Ron Paul people are screwing it all up by getting involved"

These dickheads should have thought about that when they had 12 years with control of the house, the senate and 8 years of the presidency and STILL got nothing done about shrinking the size of government and getting us bogged down in a no-win war with no clear definition of what "win" means.

Yeah, were taking the party back to its roots. Its about time.

Down with the fake conservatives!!!!!

http://www.businessinnovationinsider.com/images/2006/02/Smackdown%20wrestlers.jpg

Mandrik
12-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Taking OVER?! Hahaha!

We are in your party
Bringing back its values

allyinoh
12-16-2007, 08:45 AM
The first thing I thought when reading it was good for us.

His interview tells me that more and more people are joining us and we are well on our way to pulling an upset! =)

I used to consider myself a Republican but I could no longer affiliate myself with the party. The only reason I am for this election is because of Ron Paul.

This is awesome!! =)

quickmike
12-16-2007, 08:48 AM
The first thing I thought when reading it was good for us.

His interview tells me that more and more people are joining us and we are well on our way to pulling an upset! =)

I used to consider myself a Republican but I could no longer affiliate myself with the party. The only reason I am for this election is because of Ron Paul.

This is awesome!! =)

Same here ally.

I would have stayed home otherwise.

BeFranklin
12-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Its slanted, but telling. I particularly liked the last line of the article which read:

What, I believe he fails to realize is that many republicans have apathetically let their party be taken over by fear and values that they have traditionally not supported. Paul and his grassroots are trying to get their party back.

So I kinda liked the horribly worded story, because it shows something very good. We have a pretty good chance, even though the introductory paragraph doesn't seem to understand what a good chance means. As their final paragraphs seems to contradict their point of Paul not being a contender.

Yep, it can't work - to wake up 'regular' Republican voters is to get more of us - We are the traditional Republican values, thats why it works to link Ron Paul to Reagan.

moostraks
12-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I wonder why they are so worried if we are so small in number and are only lazily willing to throw money at the computer to watch a screen flash our name??:rolleyes:
This is better than the media blackout. Then they fight you!!!!Then you win...keep up the fight.
Major hat doff to all the kiddos who are joining and scaring the snot out of these guys worried about a "takeover"...Be a part of the solution, it is the motto in our home!!!
Mary

webber53
12-16-2007, 09:12 AM
"He also sees a benefit to college-age voters attending the meetings to learn about the process."

And what pray tell is this process he speaks of?

“That should be a red alert to regular Republicans,” Robinson said. “If you don’t want your party taken over, you better get involved.”

Mr. Robinson, Are you afraid of your "regular Republicans" being taken over from other Republicans?

Then I suggest you join the Revolution sir or start your own party!;)

pikerz
12-16-2007, 09:13 AM
They should've asked that guy just what the hell "Republican" values are these days. I'd be real interested to hear his answer.

DrNoZone
12-16-2007, 09:21 AM
It's so sad for the GOP when in the same article they call Ron Paul a "Constitutionalist" and then proceed to call him a "R.I.N.O". Does that mean the GOP doesn't consider itself a Constitution obeying party? Figures.

quickmike
12-16-2007, 09:22 AM
They should've asked that guy just what the hell "Republican" values are these days. I'd be real interested to hear his answer.

Simple, going along with huge spending bills that are voted for by everyone except RP, having a president that has not vetoed a single spending bill in the first 6 years of his presidency, doing nothing about decreasing taxes on small businesses.

TomTX
12-16-2007, 10:17 AM
It's so sad for the GOP when in the same article they call Ron Paul a "Constitutionalist" and then proceed to call him a "R.I.N.O". Does that mean the GOP doesn't consider itself a Constitution obeying party? Figures.

I had to fight all the way to a floor action to get "We fully support the US Constitution and Bill of Rights" back into the Brazos county Republican platform.

The Constitution did win.

werdd
12-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Hes Catchin On!

Corydoras
12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
in many years, he said, not many Republicans come to the local caucuses, which means Paul supporters might be able to take over

Gee, I wonder whose responsibility it was to motivate people to go to the caucuses?
:rolleyes:

MikeStanart
12-16-2007, 10:44 AM
This is great news;

however....lets not go around showing off our amount of support.

Let suprise be our strategy of attack.

hawks4ronpaul
12-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow. So we're the R.I.N.O's now?

It is the old "freedom is slavery and slavery is freedom" inversion.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

surf
12-16-2007, 11:03 AM
The state GOP has not really welcomed us with open arms, but they haven't set the bar outrageously high. I live in the "blue" part of the state - and Obama is very popular here (in fact nearly every one of my new RP republicans was an Obama supporter).

we can win Washington State.

Ps- cut the paper some slack - it was the only "major" paper to offer interviews to libertarian candidates in 2000 that were running for statewid office - and i liked the picture they used of me....

sharedvoice
12-16-2007, 11:05 AM
I think the entire establishment is scared of Ron Paul delgates actually, including their media mouthpieces.

jgmaynard
12-16-2007, 11:08 AM
If someone could get their hands on a copy of that orgs mailing list, they could mail copies of the 12-page pamphlets for Republicans to them. Maybe with a little thing asking them to read the pamphlet and consider what it means to be a Republican.

JM

jnpg
12-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Way to go in Whatcom county! Keep it up!