PDA

View Full Version : Time for some Blowback: Contact info for SC GOP County Chair

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Ok, folks. Here's the contact info for Rick Beltram, the chair of the Spartanburg County, SC GOP Committee. This is the guy who has stated that his committee will give support and equal time to every Republican candidate who campaigns in the county except for Ron Paul.

He says Dr. Paul is not welcome in Spartanburg County.

You know what to do:

REPUBLICAN PARTY, SPARTANBURG COUNTY
Rick Beltram, Chairman
P.O. Box 5475
Spartanburg, SC 29304
(864)542-1992(Office)
EMAIL: rick.beltram@intedge.com
INTERNET: http://www.spartanburggop.org/index.asp
HOURS: 8AM-5PM (most days)
DUES AND FEES: none
Provides speakers, voter information, yard signs, bumper stickers, ect. free of charge.
PARENT AGENCY: South Carolina Republican Party
AREA SERVED: Spartanburg County
Officers change in October, odd years
Date of Last Update:20041108

EDIT: If someone posts his home phone number, PLEASE DO NOT CALL HIM AT HOME. Do not give them ammunition to use against us. Thanks.

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Could a mod please edit the spelling in the thread title? Thanks. :)

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Just called and left a "Happy 4th of July" voicemail. ;)

richard1984
07-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Ok, folks. Here's the contact info for Rick Beltram, the chair of the Spartanburg County, SC GOP Committee. This is the guy who has stated that his committee will give support and equal time to every Republican candidate who campaigns in the county except for Ron Paul.

He says Dr. Paul is not welcome in Spartanburg County.

Just out of curiosity, is there an article or anything that says this? It's not that I don't believe you; I'd just like to see it.

PatriotOne
07-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Ron Paul has 3 meet up groups comprised of 92 members within 25 miles of Spartanburg, SC. I wonder if they are aware of RP's exclusion by Rick Beltram.

Here's the meet up groups:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/cities/us/sc/spartanburg/?from=loc_pick

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there an article or anything that says this? It's not that I don't believe you; I'd just like to see it.

"GOP Maverick Paul Shunned in Spartanburg":
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070704/NEWS/707040336/-1/LIFE

There are some other items in the Lew Rockwell blog:
http://blog.lewrockwell.com

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Here's how Beltram excuses his underhandedness:

Cold shoulder from county party

In Spartanburg, though, Paul will have to seek out those people without the assistance of the county party.

"I'm not going to extend him an invitation to come here because he has managed to insult and in many ways abuse Republican activists with his strident lingo. When he attacked Bush, that we created 9/11 - that's an absolute lunatic talking," Beltram said.

"I can't put up walls to keep him out, but I don't have to invite him here to a county function."

johnrocks
07-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I just tried to access the website and it said host not accessable;maybe it is having a Ron Paul overload lol

Tin_Foil_Hat
07-04-2007, 01:17 PM
When he attacked Bush, that we created 9/11 - that's an absolute lunatic talking," Beltram said.

Um, I guess I missed RP saying that. When did that happen?

cajuncocoa
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
I just sent an email.

Mr. Beltram,

I am a Ron Paul supporter, and I recently read of your threat to boycott Ron Paul from any of Spartanburg County’s Republican Party events, after earlier saying that you would “welcome all Republicans.”

Mr. Beltram, perhaps you do not see eye-to-eye with Dr. Paul on all of the issues, but it seems un-American to me that you are taking this decision away from VOTERS by not welcoming his as you would any other candidate running for your Party’s nomination. As Spartanburg County Republican Party Chairman, it seems to me that you have an obligation to all country Republicans to present all candidates as you originally promised to do.

Please do the right thing. Welcome Ron Paul to Spartanburg County, SC!

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I just tried to access the website and it said host not accessable;maybe it is having a Ron Paul overload lol

Yeah, I got that too. :confused:

So call him up and educate him. :D

I just sent an email.

Well done! http://ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Wyurm
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM

Thats just it, he didn't. RP said it was our foreign policy that motivated the attack, not that either we or Bush actually caused the attack.

MsDoodahs
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM

You can go to RonPaul2008.com and read the whole piece, it's in his message from 7/3.

Here's the quote from Dr. Paul:

"And a Republican county chairman in South Carolina said I am unwelcome in his county because of my position on the war. He will help all other candidates, but not me."

Someone else - not sure who - pinpointed which Republican county chairman in SC is the #!@$%^&*(.

Hope that helps...

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
So, when's the Spartanburg County Operation Blowback -- er, I mean, Celebration of Life and Liberty? I'll have to get a plane ticket for this one.

Dan Klaus
07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
emailed him. hope he reconsiders as I get the feeling he's a good guy and just spoke off the cuff..

PatriotOne
07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
I suggest we revive this thread tomorrow. Offices closed today, many members here gone enjoying picnics, festivities (as I will be soon), etc., etc., etc.

Some action tomorrow might be more effective.

Wyurm
07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
emailed him. hope he reconsiders as I get the feeling he's a good guy and just spoke off the cuff..

Yeah, it really sounds like he payed more attention to the pundits that were trying to spin what Ron Paul said rather than to what Dr. Paul actually said.

LibertyCzar
07-04-2007, 01:41 PM
After the Iowa forum, it is clear what happens when Ron Paul is excluded. We have a separate, larger, better event. It's clear that Rick Beltram is a Rudy Giuliani insider. Too bad he's as uneducated as Giuliani.

Oh well, like he said, he can't put up walls to prevent Ron Paul from entering the county. :D

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:50 PM
I suggest we revive this thread tomorrow. Offices closed today, many members here gone enjoying picnics, festivities (as I will be soon), etc., etc., etc.

Some action tomorrow might be more effective.

This thread isn't going anywhere. It'll still be here tomorrow. :)

Yeah, in my voicemail I reminded him that he should have learned from Michigan and Iowa.

rich34
07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
This little chat starts at the bottom and goes up. He hasn't responded to my last email.

"Respect for the President is not at all the issue. If that's the case then you'll have to ban other candidates from any future event as well, based on some of the things they said during the debates. The issue is "We can all disagree on issues.....debate is good!" and yes I agree that is what is great about this country! Yet, you say that, but then blantently go against it, by not allowing it? Makes no sense.

rick beltram <rick.beltram@intedge.com> wrote:
Rich:
We can all disagree on issues.....debate is good!
BUT, we must all respect the President of the USA!

We have asked all candidates both local and national to abide by Pres. Reagan's 11th commandment!

I do not believe that Ron Paul has behaved in the way that GOP activists would appreciate!

Thank you for your prompt response.

RSB
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 9:41 AM
To: rick.beltram@intedge.com
Subject: Ron Paul and "we the people"

Listen sir, I believe "we the people" are more than capable enough of making up our "own" minds when it comes to the presidential candidates. You sir, are NOT the decider for all of us. Just because you disagree with this man on ONE issue does not give you the right to not allow him to any of the events that may take place in the future. If you do, fine, but just look at what happened out in Iowa. Ron Paul will have his own rally and it will be twice the size of whatever you have planned. It's a lose lose situation for you sir, don't do this, have a great 4th! "

james1906
07-04-2007, 01:53 PM
A party chairman only allowing voters to select from a pre-approved slate of candidates? Where has this happened before?

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 01:56 PM
We have asked all candidates both local and national to abide by Pres. Reagan's 11th commandment!

I do not believe that Ron Paul has behaved in the way that GOP activists would appreciate!

RSB

But wait, isn't Beltram violating that commandment himself?

wbbgjr
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Just sent him this email.

Mr Rick Beltram,

Happy 4th of July.

I just wanted to express my support of Ron Paul. He has converted me from a registered Democrat to a Republican. It was his explanations of the virtues of a smaller government that changed my way of thinking, and now I'm a Republican. I hope that you would reconsider and welcome him into Spartanburg.

Thank you for your time.

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Good job. :)

PatriotOne
07-04-2007, 03:07 PM
rick beltram <rick.beltram@intedge.com> wrote:
Rich:
We can all disagree on issues.....debate is good!
BUT, we must all respect the President of the USA!

RSB"

What the hell? We MUST respect the POTUS? Must is for dictators. The POTUS must earn our respect and clearly he has not.

What a moron.

Chester Copperpot
07-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I just send him this email:

Rick,

Time for you to leave office. Youre infringment on us shows you do not take the Constitution seriously. DOWN WITH RICK BELTRAM.

And Im not just a Ron Paul supporter.. Im Benjamin Franklin's nephew.

I really wanted to add a 'FUCK YOU BUDDY' but I felt it was unprofessional. hah

PatriotOne
07-04-2007, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Mike Mitrosky;50853]

Im Benjamin Franklin's nephew.
/QUOTE]

Really?

Chester Copperpot
07-04-2007, 03:14 PM
What the hell? We MUST respect the POTUS? Must is for dictators. The POTUS must earn our respect and clearly he has not.

What a moron.

EXACTLY!

damn fuckers

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Nice to meet you. I'm Andrew Jackson's first cousin. Seriously. :)

Chester Copperpot
07-04-2007, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Mike Mitrosky;50853]

/QUOTE]

Really?

yeah really. no shit. I figured might as well throw that in. if its gonna have ANY weight itll be for Ron Paul

Chester Copperpot
07-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Nice to meet you. I'm Andrew Jackson's first cousin. Seriously. :)

I had suspicions that there were other patriotic bloodlines running around on here.. Pleasure to meet your acquaintenance... Every time I see a $20 Bill I imagine your cousin rolling in his grave. For him to be on paper money..

I wonder if that Sam Adams guy is any relation. I bet you that there are more.

PatriotOne
07-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Glad to have such distinguished bloodlines fighting the good fight. Now i we can just figure out how to capitalize on you guys...LOL.

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I had suspicions that there were other patriotic bloodlines running around on here.. Pleasure to meet your acquaintenance... Every time I see a $20 Bill I imagine your cousin rolling in his grave. For him to be on paper money..

No doubt. It's ironically insulting to his memory, I suppose.

Glad to have such distinguished bloodlines fighting the good fight. Now i we can just figure out how to capitalize on you guys...LOL.

I'm sure there are indeed other members of "first families" around here, most of whom probably don't even realize it! :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Unfortunately, GW Bush and his dad are in my family tree. On the bright side, so are Grover Cleveland and John Adams. Ron Paul is a fan of Grover Cleveland, so that should erase the blemish of the Bushes, no?

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately, GW Bush and his dad are in my family tree. On the bright side, so are Grover Cleveland and John Adams. Ron Paul is a fan of Grover Cleveland, so that should erase the blemish of the Bushes, no?

I don't think you have anything to worry about. :D

RedStripe
07-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I just talked to him 1 on 1 for a min or two and he said that RP had "insulted the president and the american people" I said that that's not what he said, instead he was challenging our middle eastern policy.

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I just talked to him 1 on 1 for a min or two and he said that RP had "insulted the president and the american people" I said that that's not what he said, instead he was challenging our middle eastern policy.

Sounds like the guy is thoroughly Hannitized.

Thanks for calling him up. :)

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 03:58 PM

I dunno...................... :eek:

:D

Bradley in DC
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM

What a moron.

I think we should have respect for the "office" of the POTUS, which is not the same as approving of the actions of the occupant--we do want President Paul to have respect from those who disagree!

PatriotOne
07-04-2007, 04:03 PM

Did this guy spend some time at Guatanamo Bay or what? Only someone who has been tortured and brainwashed can be this ignorant. Does he have any idea that Bush's rating is at 26%? I hardly think the other 74% are insulted by Ron Paul's remarks of our foreign policy. This guy needs to be thrown out of office. He is not even representing the GOP party. He is representing the criminals who have taken over the GOP party. What an idiot.

Bradley in DC
07-04-2007, 04:05 PM
It should go without saying by now that angry messages backfire on us: follow Dr. Paul's example of calm, reasoned education and kill them with kindness, never personalize anything. We need converts!! ;)

PatriotOne
07-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I think we should have respect for the "office" of the POTUS, which is not the same as approving of the actions of the occupant--we do want President Paul to have respect from those who disagree!

If you researched 9/11 and saw the things I see, I doubt you would feel that way. Bush is not the President of the U.S., his loyalties are elsewhere.

iddo
07-04-2007, 04:34 PM

If he said that in the context of who "created 9/11" (in his words), then I think that it's just an emotional reaction on his part, because he's being illogical. The policies that may have contributed to the blowback are the sanctions and bombing of Iraq, the American troops in Saudi Arabia, support for corrupt Arab dictatorships (like Egypt etc.), and Israel/Palestine. All of that happened primarily under the Clinton presidency, so it's illogical of him to say that it's an insult to George W. Bush.

torchbearer
07-04-2007, 04:41 PM
ANyone have a fax number for his office?

UCFGavin
07-04-2007, 04:47 PM
email sent.

torchbearer
07-04-2007, 04:59 PM
2 emails sent. i need to fax to confirm email receipt.

Chester Copperpot
07-04-2007, 08:40 PM
2 emails sent. i need to fax to confirm email receipt.

Looks like Rick Beltram is on Fred Thompson forum.com. haha

just send him a Pm.. we'll see if its the real guy or not

Chester Copperpot
07-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Looks like Rick Beltram is on Fred Thompson forum.com. haha

just send him a Pm.. we'll see if its the real guy or not

Well whoever he is hs ie calling for Ron Pauls name to be deleted on Fred thompsons forum hahaha

fuck him

Razmear
07-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Got a link for that thread on the FT forum?

eb

angelatc
07-04-2007, 10:15 PM
http://www.spartanburggop.org/index.asp - I think this is the correct URL. The earlier post has a .com.

Edited to add - their "contact" lnk seems to be timing out. :)

http://www.scgop.com/FlexPage.aspx?area=contact - this is the contact information for their parent organization, the SC GOP.

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 10:45 PM
http://www.spartanburggop.org/index.asp - I think this is the correct URL. The earlier post has a .com.

Edited to add - their "contact" lnk seems to be timing out. :)

http://www.scgop.com/FlexPage.aspx?area=contact - this is the contact information for their parent organization, the SC GOP.

Thank you very much for the clarification. I'm editing the original post now. :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
That's a really bad website. Bet they don't have much bandwidth. :D

jj111
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Confirmation website of contact info:

http://www.infodepot.org/inform/dir/politic.htm

REPUBLICAN PARTY, SPARTANBURG COUNTY
Rick Beltram, Chairman
P.O. Box 5475
Spartanburg, SC 29304
(864)542-1992(Office)
EMAIL: rick.beltram@intedge.com
INTERNET: http://www.spartanburggop.com
HOURS: 8AM-5PM (most days)
DUES AND FEES: none
Provides speakers, voter information, yard signs, bumper stickers, ect. free of charge.
PARENT AGENCY: South Carolina Republican Party
ALTERNATE CONTACTS: State Executive- Gary Towery, (864)476-8224
AREA SERVED: Spartanburg County
Officers change in October, odd years
Date of Last Update:20041108

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Confirmation website of contact info:

http://www.infodepot.org/inform/dir/politic.htm

Yeah, that's where I got the info I posted at the start of thread. Note that the website URL is not correct. It should have a .org extension, not .com.

billv
07-05-2007, 01:47 AM
I think all this whole situation impresses on me is that I'll never vote again unless it's a candidate in the mold of Ron Paul, Republican or Democrat. I'm sick and tired of having crappy, constitution hating candidates shoved down my throat.

MIforRonPaul
07-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Dear Jason:

How’s old Spartanburg these days? I lived there for a short season back in 1978 and loved it. I now reside in Michigan. I’m writing to encourage your paper to do a more in-depth piece on Congressman Ron Paul’s expanding popularity and Mr. Beltram’s egotistical bias against Congressman Paul. The people of South Carolina have a right to learn what ALL the candidates have to say, including Ron Paul.

Saul Anuzis, the head of the GOP here in Michigan, tried to pull a similar thing on a much larger scale – he experienced ‘blowback’ for doing so. Where do these high and mighty’s come off saying that a guy like Ron Paul is ‘not welcome’? Who died and appointed them as GOP god? It’s this type of garbage that give politics such a bad name.

Congressman Paul is a hero to the American people. He’s a doctor, having delivered some 4,000 babies into the world, and also happens to value those lives he’s delivered. He’s a Vietnam veteran, and a 10-term congressman. He’s the only one who’s actually run for president before, and did well considering the establishment shuts any other party out except the main two. Early on in this campaign, Ron Paul got the 100% endorsement from the very conservative United Republicans of California, the original Barry Goldwater group. He truly stand for limiting the size and scope of government, and has consistently shown that he’s for protecting our Constitutional rights (which give you and I the right to speak our minds, amongst many other things).

I can’t say the same for the so-called front-runner, Rudy Giuliani, who’s pro-abortion, pro-gay, pro-gun control, pro-nation building, and pro-trashing the Constitution. Mr. Beltram may not have liked what Ron Paul said that night in South Carolina at that second debate, but he simply spoke the truth. What Ron Paul said was not his views, but the views of experts from the CIA, and info from the 9-11 report itself. What Fox News and Rudy Giuliani tried to do to Ron Paul that night didn’t get past the viewers of Fox – Ron Paul led the so-called ‘text message election’ on Fox nearly the entire night, slipping to a respectable 2nd. place to Mitt Romney, and ‘smacking’ Rudy Giuliani.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8oO_OD3PtI

Since then, Ron Paul has grown exponentially in popularity on the ‘insignificant’ internet. Here’s just a sampling…

Is the number one Republican on MySpace.com, having overtaken McCain in the last few days. Ron Paul has more subscribers than ANY presidential candidate, from ANY party on YOU-TUBE, with 19,153 Subscribers and 1,776,877 Channel Views (interesting that he passes this mark on the 4th. of July!). At this rate, he’ll become the #1 most subscribed to channel in YOUTUBE history, and the #1 presidential candidate for both views and subscribers, in the very near future.
RonPaul2008.com, according to Clickz.com, was the number one Republican website in May, with 27% of all traffic heading to a Republican site – this is up from #8 in March. Ron Paul continues to be in the top four most searched terms (and was number one there for about a month) in the entire blogosphere, according to Technorati.com. Ron Paul Life and Liberty Rally in Des Moines, IA draws 1000+ people, when the Presidential Forum featuring six presidential hopefuls the same day, same place, just a few hours earlier drew only 600-700.

The GOP warmongers don’t have a chance in the environment that exists today. The American people aren’t buying it anymore. Look what happened to Mr. Bush’s so-called Immigration Amnesty bill – the American people spoke! And that will happen with this election…it already is! The Republicans WILL lose if they don’t nominate Ron Paul – he’s the only chance the party has to counter this growing anti-war, anti-big government movement. So, people like Mr. Beltram should get off their high and mighty horse and suck up to Ron Paul if they want to win this thing.

Mr. Beltram should join all the others that hate Ron Paul by going to www.IHateRonPaul.com – “they hate us for our FREEDOM!”

Bill Kosloskey
The Phone Group
“Fighting for Truth, Justice, & Lower Phone Bills!”SM
(231) 347-4225 or Toll Free (877) 777-9909
Toll-Free Fax (877) 777-4474

angelatc
07-05-2007, 08:07 AM
I think all this whole situation impresses on me is that I'll never vote again unless it's a candidate in the mold of Ron Paul, Republican or Democrat. I'm sick and tired of having crappy, constitution hating candidates shoved down my throat.

Let's face it - they don't want you to vote, because you're not voting for them. Don't give them that.

cajuncocoa
07-05-2007, 08:28 AM
FOLKS:

I certainly appreciate the HUGE number of e-mails from about 8AM yesterday until 9AM today. I also received a significant number of calls to our Party HQ! I can easily see that is has been a nation-wide effort to contact me.
Some of you seem to already know me, through family members or my education background! I thank you for your sincere comments!

I attempted to response to as many as I could before we had our 4th of July celebration at my home!

Most of your comments were polite and well articulated! Positive dialogue is very important to all concerned.

As the GOP Chairman of Spartanburg County (since 1999), we have managed to be the most "high-profile" County GOP organization in the SC! We have succeeded at the ballot every election cycle over the past 10 years (even in 2006). Since, SC is a early primary state, we are fortunate to receive a vast amount of national attention. This job is a VOLUNTEER job and many times takes away from my paying job. (Foodservice equipment manufacturer)

We have had potential or actual 2008 GOP Presidential candidates coming to our County since February 2005. Many of them SEVERAL times! We have actually met 9 of the 11 current candidates and two (Frist and Pataki) who decided not to run! We have shown all of them a FIRST CLASS welcome!

The remaining two (Tommy Thompson and Ron Paul) have not been here even one time. Since the UPSTATE of SC is the key to the nomination, we are puzzled! We did contact both of these campaigns and the Thompson campaign advised us that they were concentrating on Iowa and not to expect them except for the May debate!

WE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT THE PAUL campaign numerous with NO RESPONSE. Our neighbors in Greenville were equally frustrated! We have had huge public events including a caucus night where we had a LIVE straw poll on "Hannity and Colmes" 03/01/07). We had no support for Ron Paul.

We then had our County Convention on 04/21/07 and had no response from the Paul campaign although 7 candidates did come and make a presentation!

The first that MOST of us had any contact with Dr. Paul was at the State Debate on May 17th.

AND:

What we heard was a complete "slam" at the current administration and blaming US for the 9/11 horrific acts!
This type of RHETORIC cannot be tolerated! Many of our local activists called me also during the "wild 4th" and complemented me on my most candid and accurate comments in the SHJ!

HOWEVER:

Many of YOU felt as if.....WE had completely MISUNDERSTOOD the comments........

IF SO......we have an opportunity for all of YOU and the NATION as a WHOLE!

CHALLENGE:

We, the Spartanburg County GOP will hold a low cost event (cover charge) for attendees to have a PUBLIC Q&A with DR. PAUL here in Spartanburg, SC.
NO OTHER CANDIDATES!!
THIS WILL BE YOUR TIME to convince us that have incorrect information about Dr. Paul's political platform!
This will cost your campaign 0 dollars....except for the cost to get Dr.
Paul to Spartanburg and if any overnight accommodations are needed!

FORMAT:

10 minute opening presentation by Dr. Paul

12 questions from the audience (to be pre-screened by us and your campaign)

Meet and greet

Total: one hour

We would expect huge media coverage as we have gotten plenty of attention for our prior events and our electorate is a "microcosm" of the RED states!

One stipulation.....we need to do this BEFORE AUGUST 15th.....after that we have many pre-planned events to include multiple candidates.

Noodles
07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
sounds like a great opportunity. They will try to trip up the good doctor, but he can handle himself quite well.

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-05-2007, 08:50 AM
cajuncocoa- Great work! Have you already forwarded that on to campaign HQ?

Mom4Ron
07-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah, sorry, but I don't believe that they made any attempt at contacting the campaign for their events.

LibertyBelle
07-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Total misquote of what RP said:

"What we heard was a complete "slam" at the current administration and blaming US for the 9/11 horrific acts!"

US? We the people? Sounds like he is purposely misstating what Dr. Paul said. Also, I guess he doesn't think you should 'slam' the current administration. Oh no, you are bad boys and girls for doing such a thing. It's a sin!

Sounds like he is trying to make RP out to be 'unAmerican' for criticizing the current cabal if you ask me. Sounds like propaganda coming from a staunch neocon. :eek:

rich34
07-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Someone needs to get this info to the Ron Paul campaign! This would be a perfect storm for Ron Paul. If you guys thought the Iowa thing was big this could possibly double or triple that turnout due to the fact that this is on the east coast we're there's a much greater segment of the population. I'm in WV, but I'd be there in about 6 hours so long as I have enough time to request off work and what not. Ron Paul should do this and it may open some eyes in South Carolina.

MGS
07-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Guys this is a golden opportunity! Forward this info to HQ ASAP. It will allow Dr. Paul to set the record straight once and for all!! Especially if it gets media coverage.

It sounds like that SC guys is a decent fellow, he has just drank the kool aid as they say. I believe if Rep. Paul were to go there and thoroughly explain what his comments mean, this guy would reconsider!

ecliptic
07-05-2007, 09:24 AM
This tactic - emotional irrational knee-jerk condemnation of any discussion of September 11th which in any way questions the "official lie" is nothing new.... it was perfected by the shameless "promoters" of the holocaust. Many older people, brainwashed sheep, and others fall for this tactic every time. It's difficult to combat... If you react with an equally heated response you fail. If you react with a carefully reasoned well-researched and thoroughly accurate response... they generally ignore it. I hate to say it but the soundbite generation react to... soundbites.

Perhaps we should all become well-versed in the sordid history of the CIA / Iran / Muslim Brotherhood connections and deceptions.

All the Shah's Men (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_Shah%27s_Men)

Operation Ajax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ajax)

The CIA in Iran (http://www.americanfreepress.net/Agora/agora.cgi)

"WFMU's Dave Emory" podcast available on iTunes / Spitfire (http://spitfirelist.com/)

I know that Wikipedia is only a starting point, not necessarily an authority on any given subject ( it depends on the participation of knowledgeable sources which is often quite good ).

In addition, should we all run out and buy a bunch of books to become better Ron Paul campaigners... the money might be better applied directly to the campaign.

Pedrique
07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm mildly hesitant about this. I think Dr. Paul could potentially excel in this format and that if it gets media attention it can only be a good thing for him long term.

But there's also this point - the SC debate was HOSTILE territory for the most part for RP. There was HUGE applause for Guiliani's comments and basically nothing for RP's. I would hate to see this newly offered forum turn into a "boo-fest" for some of his answers. RP had cojones standing up to Rudy and he certainly won't back down here either, but I can see the 24 hour repeat media coverage of RP getting "booed" being a bad thing.

Unless...

Unless the number of war detractors is more than what we think in South Carolina and the "blowback" from the ugly war supporter response would be enough to turn eyes and ears toward the good Doctor.

Ok, I guess I've convinced myself. Get RP out to SC pronto!

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I contacted campaign HQ to let them know about Rick Beltram's email "invitation" to Dr. Paul.

Be advised: an email to supporters is NOT a formal invitation.

UNTIL RICK BELTRAM ISSUES A FORMAL INVITATION TO THE CAMPAIGN, NO INVITATION HAS BEEN ISSUED.

UNTIL A FORMAL INVITATION IS RECEIVED, THE CAMPAIGN CANNOT RESPOND.

I attempted to contact Mr. Beltram to make sure he is aware of this (which of COURSE as a long time GOP chair for that county, I believe he IS aware of this), however - Rick is no longer answering his phone.

I then contacted the SC GOP Communications Director Rob Godfrey. Mr. Godfrey stated that he is aware that Mr. Beltram wrote the email, and was also aware that Mr. Beltram did not issue a formal invitation to Dr. Paul's campaign. Mr. Godfrey also stated that he IS aware that until Mr. Beltram does so, the campaign is NOT invited.

So, regardless of the email Rick Beltram sent out this morning, NO OFFICIAL INVITATION has been issued.

When I asked Mr. Godfrey if he could pass on the appropriate address for issuing the OFFICIAL INVITATION to Mr. Beltram, Mr. Godfrey told me I would need to speak directly with Rick.

MGS
07-05-2007, 09:34 AM
I contacted campaign HQ to let them know about Rick Beltram's email "invitation" to Dr. Paul.

Be advised: an email to supporters is NOT a formal invitation.

UNTIL RICK BELTRAM ISSUES A FORMAL INVITATION TO THE CAMPAIGN, NO INVITATION HAS BEEN ISSUED.

UNTIL A FORMAL INVITATION IS RECEIVED, THE CAMPAIGN CANNOT RESPOND.

I attempted to contact Mr. Beltram to make sure he is aware of this (which of COURSE as a long time GOP chair for that county, I believe he IS aware of this), however - Rick is no longer answering his phone.

I then contacted the SC GOP Communications Director Rob Godfrey. Mr. Godfrey stated that he is aware that Mr. Beltram wrote the email, and was also aware that Mr. Beltram did not issue a formal invitation to Dr. Paul's campaign. Mr. Godfrey also stated that he IS aware that until Mr. Beltram does so, the campaign is NOT invited.

So, regardless of the email Rick Beltram sent out this morning, NO OFFICIAL INVITATION has been issued.

When I asked Mr. Godfrey if he could pass on the appropriate address for issuing the OFFICIAL INVITATION to Mr. Beltram, Mr. Godfrey told me I would need to speak directly with Rick.

Damn! Figures... we need to get a Formal Invitation ASAP!!!!

MsDoodahs
07-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Do you REALLY believe that Beltram character has the balls to issue a formal invite?

He sent that email as a ruse, now he'll go around proclaiming that he issued the invite all the while knowing he did no such thing.

MGS
07-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Do you REALLY believe that Beltram character has the balls to issue a formal invite?

He sent that email as a ruse, now he'll go around proclaiming that he issued the invite all the while knowing he did no such thing.

I think he will if he values his free time... :D

rich34
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't worry about the boo's. I haven't checked the meetup groups around South Carolina, but I'd bet we could easily get well over 1000 people down there. If they got that many in Iowa, I'd say being on the east coast we could easily reach that amount if not double it!

LibertyEagle
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
I just had a little conversation with Mr. Beltram on his cell phone.

He said he needed to hear from the campaign. I said it seemed like he need to offer a formal invitation to them and I asked him if he would do so. He promised he would and would send off an email within the next 5 minutes and would followup with a call to their HQ this afternoon. He asked for names of campaign people, email addresses and phone numbers.

All I had to give him was the general email address and the general phone number. I gave him the names of Kent Snyder, Jesse Benton and Lew Moore.

So, let's see what happens next.

MGS
07-05-2007, 09:59 AM

He said he needed to hear from the campaign. I said it seemed like he need to offer a formal invitation to them and I asked him if he would do so. He promised he would and would send off an email within the next 5 minutes and would followup with a call to their HQ this afternoon. He asked for names of campaign people, email addresses and phone numbers.

All I had to give him was the general email address and the general phone number. I gave him the names of Kent Snyder, Jesse Benton and Lew Moore.

Good work!!!!

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 09:59 AM

great job and thanks!!!:D

rich34
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm telling ya, this would be great! I don't see any reason why we couldn't get well over 1000 people down there if not more! The east coast is much more popluated than the midwest so I'd have to think we could get more supporters down there than in Iowa. I'd be willing to find out!

LibertyBelle
07-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Guys this is a golden opportunity! Forward this info to HQ ASAP. It will allow Dr. Paul to set the record straight once and for all!! Especially if it gets media coverage.

It sounds like that SC guys is a decent fellow, he has just drank the kool aid as they say. I believe if Rep. Paul were to go there and thoroughly explain what his comments mean, this guy would reconsider!

He completely misquoted him, and in a letter he could have corrected but didn't. That guy also basically said RP wasn't welcome there because his views are different than RPs. How dare RP have a different opinion! That is not a koolaid drinker in my book, but someone who doesn't like a view or opinion different than his own being shared. Who is this guy to speak for the people of the Spartanburg area anyway? Now all of a sudden he is changing his tune because of all the emails/letters he received. :rolleyes:

His initial response was not about RP not going to the Spartanburg event, but was about what RP said in the debate.

shrugged0106
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm telling ya, this would be great! I don't see any reason why we couldn't get well over 1000 people down there if not more! The east coast is much more popluated than the midwest so I'd have to think we could get more supporters down there than in Iowa. I'd be willing to find out!

Greenville/Spartanberg is smack dab between Charlotte and Atlanta and is just south of Ashville. It's an awesome place to have a pro-Ron Paul event. There is a huge amount of supportin the area and I will bring not only my family, but convince at least 3 others in the area to attand as well if this thing happens.

also, I think that the area is HUGE for Liberty Dollars. Great marketting campaign for the Liberty associates as well as Ron paul supporters there too.

pazzo83

We'll definitely try to organize a group coming from Charlotte. I bet we could easily get 100 people or more just from there.

MozoVote
WOOT! Sounds like a Carolinas RP Rally coming up. :D

LibertyEagle
I just talked to Ron Paul's HQ and the volunteer said he thought the deal is already in the works and they expect an announcement before too long of when this thing will take place.

rich34
07-05-2007, 10:08 AM
We'll definitely try to organize a group coming from Charlotte. I bet we could easily get 100 people or more just from there.

I could bring people from WV. I'm not a part of any meet up group, but I'd come alone if I had to! Again, we could get more than a 1,000 down there I'd lay money on it! :)

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 10:09 AM
If this happens, we gotta pack that place. Standing room only, with people standing outside listening on cell phones.

LibertyBelle
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM

Thanks LE, I think this will go well and RP will accept!

PatriotOne
07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I just talked to Ron Paul's HQ and the volunteer said he thought the deal is already in the works and they expect an announcement before too long of when this thing will take place.

Good deal :D It's nice to know that we really can make a difference in RP's campaign. I suspect it's why RP "informed" us all of this slight in the first place ;)

We truly are a force to be reckoned with :)

LibertyEagle
I don't think I deserve any credit for this, because it sounded like it was already in the works, according to the volunteer at HQ.

The thing is that it looks like it's going to happen! :)

MozoVote
I've got a spare rental house in Charlotte. (A little scruffy but the plumbing and A/C work) I'll gladly let RP'ers camp out if you're driving from out of state to SC, and need a waystation.

PatriotOne
07-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I could bring people from WV. I'm not a part of any meet up group, but I'd come alone if I had to! Again, we could get more than a 1,000 down there I'd lay money on it! :)

Take Rudy supporter's at gun point if you have to :D They definately need deprogramming ;)

guntherg16
07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
July 05, 2007
Beltram Backs Down
Posted by Lew Rockwell at July 5, 2007 10:00 AM

After huge pressure from the grassroots, Spartanburg SC Republican Party Chairman Rick Beltram has quickly backed down from his promised exclusion, and now offers this "challenge" to Ron Paul:

"We, the Spartanburg County GOP will hold a low cost event (cover charge) for attendees to have a PUBLIC Q&A with DR. PAUL here in Spartanburg, SC. NO OTHER CANDIDATES!! THIS WILL BE YOUR TIME to convince us that have incorrect information about Dr. Paul's political platform! This will cost your campaign 0 dollars....except for the cost to get Dr. Paul to Spartanburg and if any overnight accommodations are needed! FORMAT: 10 minute opening presentation by Dr. Paul; 12 questions from the audience (to be pre-screened by us and your campaign); Meet and greet; Total: one hour." (Thanks to Michael Nelson.)

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/013944.html

ecliptic
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM
We truly are a force to be reckoned with :)

Yes we are. BUT - we should expect this event to receive very similar treatment as the Iowa rally. A roller-coaster ride... euphoria / depression / euphoria / depression - designed to wear down and discourage all these fired-up active citizens...

Notice how C-Span is already re-broadcasting the Iowa "phoney forum"... right now...

In addition an earlier segment on "Emily's list" was actually a thinly veiled promotion of the Hilary Clinton campaign...

So steel your will against the coming onslaught of distortions rejections and deceptions. Keep it upbeat and positive but realize that we will be shot down again and again by the opinion-shapers (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=SourceWatch) behind the curtain...

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes!

SC here we come!

guntherg16
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
FOLKS:

I certainly appreciate the HUGE number of e-mails from about 8AM yesterday until 9AM today. I also received a significant number of calls to our Party HQ! I can easily see that is has been a nation-wide effort to contact me.
Some of you seem to already know me, through family members or my education background! I thank you for your sincere comments!

I attempted to response to as many as I could before we had our 4th of July celebration at my home!

Most of your comments were polite and well articulated! Positive dialogue is very important to all concerned.

As the GOP Chairman of Spartanburg County (since 1999), we have managed to be the most "high-profile" County GOP organization in the SC! We have succeeded at the ballot every election cycle over the past 10 years (even in 2006). Since, SC is a early primary state, we are fortunate to receive a vast amount of national attention. This job is a VOLUNTEER job and many times takes away from my paying job. (Foodservice equipment manufacturer)

We have had potential or actual 2008 GOP Presidential candidates coming to our County since February 2005. Many of them SEVERAL times! We have actually met 9 of the 11 current candidates and two (Frist and Pataki) who decided not to run! We have shown all of them a FIRST CLASS welcome!

The remaining two (Tommy Thompson and Ron Paul) have not been here even one time. Since the UPSTATE of SC is the key to the nomination, we are puzzled! We did contact both of these campaigns and the Thompson campaign advised us that they were concentrating on Iowa and not to expect them except for the May debate!

WE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT THE PAUL campaign numerous with NO RESPONSE. Our neighbors in Greenville were equally frustrated! We have had huge public events including a caucus night where we had a LIVE straw poll on "Hannity and Colmes" 03/01/07). We had no support for Ron Paul.

We then had our County Convention on 04/21/07 and had no response from the Paul campaign although 7 candidates did come and make a presentation!

The first that MOST of us had any contact with Dr. Paul was at the State Debate on May 17th.

AND:

What we heard was a complete "slam" at the current administration and blaming US for the 9/11 horrific acts!
This type of RHETORIC cannot be tolerated! Many of our local activists called me also during the "wild 4th" and complemented me on my most candid and accurate comments in the SHJ!

HOWEVER:

Many of YOU felt as if.....WE had completely MISUNDERSTOOD the comments........

CHALLENGE:

We, the Spartanburg County GOP will hold a low cost event (cover charge) for attendees to have a PUBLIC Q&A with DR. PAUL here in Spartanburg, SC.
NO OTHER CANDIDATES!!
THIS WILL BE YOUR TIME to convince us that have incorrect information about Dr. Paul's political platform!

FORMAT:

Meet and greet

We would expect huge media coverage as we have gotten plenty of attention for our prior events and our electorate is a "microcosm" of the RED states!

One stipulation.....we need to do this BEFORE AUGUST 15th.....after that we have many pre-planned events to include multiple candidates.

It sounds like this guy might have done this just for publicity, to be "high profile".

guntherg16
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
If there's a rally, I may head down there myself from Upstate NY. I've got family in Charlotte to stay with. It might be fun!

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I agree that it sounds like he's puffing himself up to sound important. Politics is made up of egos. So what... Let's stroke his notariety a bit, and get RP an audience in SC!!

Captain Shays
07-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Below is a copy of the email response he sent me to my email.
I quickly forwarded it to JesseBenton@RonPaul2008.com
Please do likewise.

FOLKS:

I certainly appreciate the HUGE number of e-mails from about 8AM yesterday
until 9AM today. I also received a significant number of calls to our Party
HQ! I can easily see that is has been a nation-wide effort to contact me.
Some of you seem to already know me, through family members or my education
background! I thank you for your sincere comments!

I attempted to response to as many as I could before we had our 4th of
July celebration at my home!

Most of your comments were polite and well articulated! Positive dialogue
is very important to all concerned.

As the GOP Chairman of Spartanburg County (since 1999), we have managed to
be the most "high-profile" County GOP organization in the SC! We have
succeeded at the ballot every election cycle over the past 10 years (even in
2006). Since, SC is a early primary state, we are fortunate to receive a
vast amount of national attention. This job is a VOLUNTEER job and many
times takes away from my paying job. (Foodservice equipment manufacturer)

We have had potential or actual 2008 GOP Presidential candidates coming to
our County since February 2005. Many of them SEVERAL times! We have
actually met 9 of the 11 current candidates and two (Frist and Pataki) who
decided not to run! We have shown all of them a FIRST CLASS welcome!

The remaining two (Tommy Thompson and Ron Paul) have not been here even
one time. Since the UPSTATE of SC is the key to the nomination, we are
puzzled! We did contact both of these campaigns and the Thompson campaign
advised us that they were concentrating on Iowa and not to expect them
except for the May debate!

WE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT THE PAUL campaign numerous with NO RESPONSE. Our
neighbors in Greenville were equally frustrated! We have had huge public
events including a caucus night where we had a LIVE straw poll on "Hannity
and Colmes" 03/01/07). We had no support for Ron Paul.

We then had our County Convention on 04/21/07 and had no response from
the Paul campaign although 7 candidates did come and make a presentation!

The first that MOST of us had any contact with Dr. Paul was at the State
Debate on May 17th.

AND:

What we heard was a complete "slam" at the current administration and
blaming US for the 9/11 horrific acts!
This type of RHETORIC cannot be tolerated! Many of our local activists
called me also during the "wild 4th" and complemented me on my most candid
and accurate comments in the SHJ!

HOWEVER:

Many of YOU felt as if.....WE had completely MISUNDERSTOOD the
comments........

CHALLENGE:

We, the Spartanburg County GOP will hold a low cost event (cover charge)
for attendees to have a PUBLIC Q&A with DR. PAUL here in Spartanburg, SC.
NO OTHER CANDIDATES!!
THIS WILL BE YOUR TIME to convince us that have incorrect information
about Dr. Paul's political platform!

FORMAT:

Meet and greet

We would expect huge media coverage as we have gotten plenty of attention
for our prior events and our electorate is a "microcosm" of the RED states!

One stipulation.....we need to do this BEFORE AUGUST 15th.....after that
we have many pre-planned events to include multiple candidates

MGS
07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I agree that it sounds like he's puffing himself up to sound important. Politics is made up of egos. So what... Let's stroke his notariety a bit, and get RP an audience in SC!!

Agreed. It would do great good for RP to set the record straight on his stance. ONce and for all, since there seems to be those out there still who think he "blames America".

pazzo83
07-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I've got a spare rental house in Charlotte. (A little scruffy but the plumbing and A/C work) I'll gladly let RP'ers camp out if you're driving from out of state to SC, and need a waystation.

Sounds great, perhaps all of us coming from NC northward could meet in Charlotte and then head down. We could really get a huge group I have a feeling.

ecliptic
07-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Agreed. It would do great good for RP to set the record straight on his stance. ONce and for all, since there seems to be those out there still who think he "blames America".

There are nothing but questions in regards to what really happened that day in September. How can Dr. Paul make a definitive statement about a huge list of unanswered questions? Perhaps his position is fluid at this point because of all those unanswered questions?

guntherg16
07-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Sounds great, perhaps all of us coming from NC northward could meet in Charlotte and then head down. We could really get a huge group I have a feeling.

Sounds good to me.

JS4Pat
07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Just sent him an e-mail...

Rick –

I just came across the quote (copied at the bottom of this e-mail).

Would you please explain exactly why the door is closed for REPUBLICAN Congressman Ron Paul?

I left the Republican Party in 1999 because the party had moved in the direction of bigger government. And I have stayed away from the GOP because of its interventionist foreign policies that are killing innocent men women and children and bankrupting our country. Now FINALLY a candidate comes along who stands for reducing the size of government and returning our nation to a non-interventionist foreign policy and you say he is NOT welcome!

What is wrong with you?

But when Spartanburg County Republican Party Chairman Rick Beltram left Columbia that night, he decided he'd heard enough of Paul's largely libertarian views. He decided to boycott Paul from any future county party events.

"He can stay home," said Beltram, who for months held that this county would welcome all Republican candidates.

"Well, the door's closed for him."

Sincerely,
John

Razmear
07-05-2007, 11:18 AM
If RP is planning on going to Upstate SC, and I hope he does, he should speak in Greenville, not Spartanburg.
Greenville is about 5 miles from Spartanburg, has much nicer facilities, is more accessible via highways to the rest of the upstate, and frankly has a much lower crime rate.
I think the "invite" is incredibly insincere and is probably being made just to get folks to stop bugging him. I would not agree to his terms, and would go to Greenville where I am sure you will get a much better reception.
Also the Greenville SC Meetup group is very active and willing to help any way it can.

Best Regards,
Eric Burke
Anderson, SC (30mi south of Greenville)

rich34
07-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Don't worry, even if the MSM don't pick it up I'll gurantee it will have a huge impact on the locals down there. And that imo is what this is all about. The more people see the kinds of crowds that Ron Paul is drawing the more the people will begin to wonder "what's that guy talking about." Once they see the crowds they will be inclined to learn more of this Ron Paul guy! Whether or not the MSM covers it, it don't matter. This is a win win situation for Ron Paul. If we could get 1000 in Iowa we can get MORE in South Carolina! In the words of Al Bundy....Lets Rock!

Yes we are. BUT - we should expect this event to receive very similar treatment as the Iowa rally. A roller-coaster ride... euphoria / depression / euphoria / depression - designed to wear down and discourage all these fired-up active citizens...

Notice how C-Span is already re-broadcasting the Iowa "phoney forum"... right now...

In addition an earlier segment on "Emily's list" was actually a thinly veiled promotion of the Hilary Clinton campaign...

So steel your will against the coming onslaught of distortions rejections and deceptions. Keep it upbeat and positive but realize that we will be shot down again and again by the opinion-shapers (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=SourceWatch) behind the curtain...

rich34
07-05-2007, 11:33 AM
You should probably try to contact headquarters and and let them know about this!

If RP is planning on going to Upstate SC, and I hope he does, he should speak in Greenville, not Spartanburg.
Greenville is about 5 miles from Spartanburg, has much nicer facilities, is more accessible via highways to the rest of the upstate, and frankly has a much lower crime rate.
I think the "invite" is incredibly insincere and is probably being made just to get folks to stop bugging him. I would not agree to his terms, and would go to Greenville where I am sure you will get a much better reception.
Also the Greenville SC Meetup group is very active and willing to help any way it can.

Best Regards,
Eric Burke
Anderson, SC (30mi south of Greenville)

Spirit of '76
07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
No reason he can't do both!

cajuncocoa
07-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I had to leave right after posting the email from Beltram. Just wanted to say I did forward it to the campaign at mail@ronpaul2008.com

If there is a better email address to use, please post here or PM me and I will send it there!

cajuncocoa
07-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I also posted the email on my Blog (http://unofficial-ronpaul2008blog.blogspot.com/2007/07/response-from-rick-beltram.html). Please Digg it!

Razmear
07-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Bump1

georgia_tech_swagger
07-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I live in Spartanburg, SC .... and after finding out about Rick's comments I was FUMING. I am involved in Presidential politics for this state (I wish I could say how ... but I'm under a NDA). From the insiders I spoke to, this is par for the course for Rick Beltram. He has always been this way. The question is ... if he's always been this way ... WHY IS HE STILL CHAIR FOR THE COUNTY?! I tried calling Rick a few times but got no response. Make no mistake though ... between Greenville, Greer, Spartanburg, and Boiling Springs ... we could muster one hell of a Ron Paul rally here. It's also a reasonably short drive away from:
- Columbia, SC (60 minutes)
- Anderson, SC (45 minutes)
- Charlotte, NC (60 minutes)
- Asheville, NC (90 minutes)
- Atlanta, GA (180 minutes)
- Athens, GA (150 minutes)

For those unaware, Greenville-Spartanburg is in the heart of the I-85 corridor, and home to some of the most dense industry in the southeast (BMW, Milliken, etc). Nobody wins the state of SC and losses in Greenville-Spartanburg. This is a great chance for Ron Paul to score an Iowa style slam dunk. Furthermore, the governor of SC, Mark Sanford, is perhaps the closest thing to Ron Paul that's been in Congress the last few decades. Sanford is a small government, libertarian leaning Republican.

I melt into a puddle at the thought of Dr. No coming to hometown to speak the truth.

MozoVote
07-05-2007, 05:06 PM
People are still hungry for Paul. Lots of east coast people lamented they were just a bit too far away, to go to the IFTR forums. I think you'd easily get 1,500.

rich34
07-05-2007, 05:16 PM
People are still hungry for Paul. Lots of east coast people lamented they were just a bit too far away, to go to the IFTR forums. I think you'd easily get 1,500.

I second that!

Roxi
07-05-2007, 06:09 PM

bonnie parker (bonnie and clyde) is my great great aunt.....kind of explains my anarchy views :D

Razmear
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Bump to prevent dupes - yes im done bumping

torchbearer
07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
bonnie parker (bonnie and clyde) is my great great aunt.....kind of explains my anarchy views :D

The first rock show I played was in Arcadia, Louisiana... the place they were gunned down by the state mercs.

Mom4Ron
07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok, I gotta ask because I'm a spiteful woman...

If we go to this thing and pay the cover charge, does Ron Paul get the money or does the Spartanburg GOP? I'm not interested in giving Rick Beltram one penny.

I think he's a liar, an egomaniac, and a fool.

If the funds would go to the Spartanburg GOP, I think I might still go, but just be active outside.

I'd attend one in Greensville without hesitation because their party chairs haven't shown themselves to be such assholes. Quite frankly, if the people of Spartanburg know that this guy behaves this way and continue to put him in that position, then that says they approve and that makes me less inclined for their branch of the GOP to make one thin dime off of me.