PDA

View Full Version : Keep the positivity.

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Ron Paul's campaign is big.. it's growing every day... and many people are fighting for it in their own circles of influence....

Don't be discouraged, because come 2Q reports and the next debates in August, I think we'll see a shift of power in the race...

From Rudy McRomney to Ron Romnilani :)

Original_Intent
07-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Even saying his name in the same sentence as the Establishment favorites is a slur;)

I agree on the need to keep positive, I have seen a lot of "bad news" threads the last few days. I think I have some reasons why.

Many of us have been doing a big push:

1. Financially we have been trying to get every penny we can to Ron before Q2 ended.
2. Effort, people have been putting in a lot to get ready for the "July 3rd overnighter" as well as a ton of July 4th activities, also the big Iowa rally, etc etc.

I think because of these two things, and there are probably others that people are susceptible to getting a little burned out.
Many of us who are doing pamphleteering and word of mouth, it is discouraging to do as much as we are and still be met with a majority of people who haven't heard of Ron Paul, and frankly a majority are still so asleep they don't want to be bothered.

Even the staunchest of us may ask ourselves "Does Ron really have a chance?" and "Is it worth it?"

Here is why I answer "YES!" and "HELL, YES!"

Yes most people just don't want to hear anything about politics or even freedom. This is really giving the "front-runners" an illusion of strength because people are basically regurgitating what the media has told them and they are going with name-recognition and a vague sense that they agree with the person.

My gut tells me that if we can support Ron until he is one of the final 4 or 5, then this is going to change drastically. This fall, people are going to start paying more attention to what the candidates are saying, and I think people are going to really take more notice of Dr. Paul in the next couple of debates. We'll see.

As to "Is it worth it?" Well, marketing people say you need to get a product in front of people THREE times before you really get thru the fog and they truly EVALUATE your product (In this case RP and his message) Much of what we are doing now is planting those first or second seeds so that when people see RP in the upcoming debates they will take their brains of auto-pilot and actually HEAR what he is saying.

This is a critical mass movement - Every person we gain, it is not enough that they will vote for Ron Paul, when people hear the message, they feel a need to DO SOMETHING about it. We are still a ways fromt hat critical mass, and I don't know exactly what point we reach it at, but I have no doubt that it will be evident when we do.

And even if Ron Paul doesn't win - doesn't ti feel great to be fighting the good fight, expending your efforts on something TRULY worthwhile? I am a computer game addict, and I honestly get no pleasure out of them anymore, I would much rather spend my spare time helping all of you promote liberty! And God willing, this movement doesn't end with this election, regardless of the outcome!

Sorry for the long post!

ecliptic
07-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Please do not post new threads with negative or flamewar-starting titles. I am a big free-speech fan and all, yet I strongly urge the moderators to ruthlessly delete threads with these types of titles { good example "Americans=Pussies& Wimps" }

These types of titles are not the work of true Ron Paul supporters.

Positivity and fun are our strongest weapons!

Wyurm
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
And part of maintaining a positive attitude is to not create threads encouraging apathy. I personally don't feel apathy has any place here at all.

WannaBfree
07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I thought the thread "Paul nearly dead last in Iowa" could have been better. I thought that something had happened to the good doctor!

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, there's lot of reasons to be positive about this campaign. Not to mention, we *need* Ron to win.

I was talking to a 100% brainwashed Guilani/Newt supporter who fully believed in the death of middle easterners. I was able to argue my way to a point we could both agree on. He said it was ridiculous that Alaskan oil goes to the Chinese welfare. After 10-20 minutes of literally yelling points and ideas, he finally gave me a smile and a salute and said he'd look Ron Paul up on YouTube.

I've been around the world in places where we couldn't speak to each other in languages, but we both could understand a smile.

Positivity goes a long way, I know because my life is inundated with it. Ron CAN win, I think Ron WILL win, and WE'RE going to make it happen!